main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Your Star Wars Wish list for Books and Comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheReal_Rebel, Feb 3, 2016.

1. medioCORE

medioCORE Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 13, 2012

Maybe a trilogy of prequel movies and the renumbering of VII, VIII, IX!

2. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    Legends universe Novel anakin solo return

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    -A Sabine Wren comic book mini or novel.

-A comic book centered around Jedi Master Count Dooku and Young Qui Gon Jinn's time as master and apprentice.

-A novel centered around Rae Sloane.

-Some kind of novel/comic set in-between ROTJ and TFA showing the Big Three in their prime. I could actually potentially see them potentially doing this as a TV show (after Rebels ends and the ST is complete) as well.

-Some kind of novel/comic centered around the adventures of Rey, Finn, and Poe (should they survive the events of the ST of course).

-A New Rogue Squadron type of books and a video game, this time in the ST-era.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  4. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    • Comic series telling the story of Revan
    • Comic series telling the stories from the Old Republic Era.
    • Comic series for the story fo Darth Bane, based on Karpyshyn's novels.
    • Comic series for Obi-Wan Kenobi's exploits as a padawan with Qui-Gon Jinn.
    • Han Solo's youth explored as a comic series.
    • Comic series for Obi-Wan's time on Tatooine.
    • Yoda's history and home world - we know nothing about that.
    • Back story for Finn done as a comic storyline
    This stuff could be put into novels, but I prefer comics!

Also...
    YES!!!!!!!!

5. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    Theres already been the 3 books of the Han Solo Trilogy from the mid late 1990s. Those are good enough.

Plus theres already been a couple of old original novels involving Luke, Han, Leia after Return of the Jedi. Truce at Bakura, Courtship of Princess Leia, and whatever else.

6. Captain Han Solo

Captain Han Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2016
    Not canon anymore, though. That sucks.

7. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    I would love to see a generational trilogy. The first two focusing on Dooku, Jinn, Sifo-Dyas, Sora Bulq, Tholme, and maybe a young Obi-Wan and young Quinlan Vos, and young Kit Fisto. The third of the trilogy would then be before Ep 2 with Obi, Kit, Quinlan, and a young Anakin, and a young Aayla Secura.

8. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I really enjoyed them. When I suggested comics detailing Han Solo's youth I was actually thinking about my memories of those books.

Barriss_Coffee and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    During the outline phase of Invincible, Dennning actually proposed something like that. During Jacen's and Jaina's final fight, he wanted to have Jacen flow-walk back in time to the mission on Myrkr. There, he would steal Anakin's image to try and trick Jaina. But instead they would switch places, which would bring a dying Anakin to the future, where he would be saved Jaina, and send Jacen, digusied as Anakin, to die on Myrkr.

10. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016

There a fanfiction currently uses this idea

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Grevious submitting to and receiving his "improvements".

12. Captain Han Solo

Captain Han Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2016
    Check out Star Wars Visionaries, a TPB collection of comic short stories.

Not only does it have a story exactly like the one you describe, but it also had "resurrected Maul with robot legs" before TCW was even in planning stages.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think darklordoftech is referring to the new EU, now that stories like Labyrinth of Evil and Eyes of Revolution have sadly been decanonized.

I've long wondered (er, well since the Disney purchase) where Grievous's story fits in exactly now that TCW is the only legitimate story. Kit Fisto's tour through GG's stronghold is vague, and the newer sourcebooks even moreso. How was GG approached by the Separatists/Dooku, and what were his terms of agreement? In the episode Lair of Grievous, Dooku tests GG's resolve in his own house, and Gunray even hacks his own hologram system to make a call to Kit. Why does Grievous put up with this? In the old EU he was a tool so it made sense, but now he's just some dude with a prosthetics obsession. Why does he have a castle? Why does he let Dooku and the Seps push him around?

podjazd likes this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The impression I got is that Grievous is willing to put up with a lot if it means he gets to blow stuff up and kill Jedi. He's basically in it for the war's sake.

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I'd love to see Claudia Gray write a Padme novel (perhaps set pre-TPM and showing how she earned so much goodwill that the people of Naboo elected a 14 year old to be their queen).

DarthBreezy, mes520 and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, but that's not much of a background. I'm mean I'd be cool if we had some sort of backstory where GG was a pyro Jediphobic nutjob, but the point is it's gotta be a story. Right now we have zilch. Homewrecker Kit's second-hand account of GG's lounge decor doesn't cut it for me.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A story where EU Han meets NEU Chewie after the NJO series and TFA respectively.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Jammes2305

Jammes2305 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2014
    1. A "what if" series - mainly "What-if" Luke had join Vader in ESB; or "what-if" Mace had killed Palpatine etc...
    2. A Dooku novel
    3. A Qui-Gon novel
    4. Novel based on recurring Jedi from the prequel trilogy (Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Jocastu Nu, Agen Kolar etc.)
    5. Order 66: Survival. A novel based on a group of jedi (featuring ones we know from prequels/EU and new ones) surviving Order 66.

gmiller2233 and mes520 like this.
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I can't speak for everyone obviously, but for me. I need some Luke Novels set after ROTJ. I just have this need in knowing what he did after ROTJ. Where he went, who he interacted with. He is such a mystery in the NEU Canon thus far.

20. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yes, to all of these!!!! I love Sabine and would love to see more of her post-Rebels (hoping) adventures.

This is an awesome idea. All we've gotten regarding this is Shattered Empire, which was disappointing.

21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I have a feeling we're not going to be getting much in the way of post-ROTJ Luke stuff until Episode VIII is out, I'm afraid.

22. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Agreed. They're going to tread carefully with that stuff to avoid spoiling potential future plot-points/twists from the films.

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah that is what I am afraid of. But one can hope right? :D

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Anything set in between ROTS and Tarkin/LOTS. I want to see ships that are in between V-Wings and TIE fighters, in between Venators and Imperial-class Destroyers, etc.

Sarchet and spicer like this.
  25. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    - A Heart of Darkness style book about a young Jedi who is sent by the Council to track down a rogue Jedi master (i.e. the Kurtz of the story).

- Something about the phasing out of Clone Troopers and their replacement with Stormtroopers.

- Something set in the KOTOR era.

- A Big 3 reunion trilogy set 15 or so years after ROTJ where they reunite to fight in a new big conflict.

- A Jabba the Hutt novel in the vein of The Godfather, or anything really about the underworld.

- Something about bounty hunters.

- An NJO-esque multi-media series.

- Something set between TPM and AOTC.

- Lor San Tekka series of novels or comic.

- The Seige of Mandalore.

Hypatia and Force Smuggler like this.