main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Your Star Wars Wish list for Books and Comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheReal_Rebel, Feb 3, 2016.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Aftermath Life Debt has already teased that the Sarlaac was killed and ripped open when Jabba's sail barge blew up so a future book about Fett reclaiming his title of "most badass guy in the galaxy" after ROTJ is a possibilty

vncredleader and Darthmaul208 like this.
  2. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013

Basically a something like shadows of the empire novel( novel focused on luke and Leia while the game focused on dash renda)

3. KingInTheNorth5

KingInTheNorth5 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2016
    Give me more Sith, authors. I don't care if it's canon or even if it fits the EU timeline. I need more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - Palpatine and Maul on Malachor
    - Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan protecting Satine

gmiller2233 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  6. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I think we definitely need a Darth Plagueis style book about Count Dooku, written by James Luceno. Dooku seems like a such an interesting character, but so far that hasn't been expanded on very much in the new canon. He sees the corruption of the senate and the Republic, and actually tries to do something about it. I've been reading the Star Wars: Republic comics, and I loved the way he was portrayed there. He was fighting against the Republic, but didn't hate the Jedi, in fact he respected them, and he is occasionally referred to as a Jedi throughout the comics. I think that's an interesting take on the character, and I think it lines up well with the movies. In episode 3, when Palpatine tells Anakin to kill Dooku, he looks legitimately surprised. It seems like he was actually just trying to make the galaxy a better place, and actually trusted his master, more like a Jedi would than a Sith. I would love a book that gave insight into his thoughts, because he has the potential for an incredible amount of depth, more so than most characters.

[​IMG]

Darthmaul208 and vncredleader like this.
  7. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

I really enjoyed YODA: DARK RENDEZVOUS, that Clone Wars book. Well, at least, I enjoyed the bits where Yoda and Dooku are debating. Really good character stuff.

8. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    Another Kanan arc

pre phantom manace stories

Stories set between phantom menace and attack of the clones.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Whatever happened to the Separatist Senate

Darthmaul208 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  10. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Thanks for the Spoiler tag.

What happens after his head is caught between two sabers? What a cliffhanger.

The best part is his "I immediately regret my life decisions" face.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  11. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I just read that a month ago. It has pacing issues but is worth it for that last act.

gmiller2233 likes this.
  12. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014
    Yeah, definitely. Getting to it is very forgettable, but I really like Dooku having a tragic arc to him.

vncredleader likes this.
  13. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    Pure wishful thinking but...
    A series of books on individual weapons systems in the tradition of military history books. Probably start with or even make it esclusively starfighter or starships. Have 3-view scale drawings of each variant, 5- or 6- view artwork for different aces and important craft. Title them with just the name of the ship.

The first two would have to be TIE Fighter and X-wing of course. I'd like to see them laid out with chapters on predecessors, concept development, prototypes, all known variants, systems, aces in the type, and index of operators. All written like an in - universe reference work.

Off the top of my head, TIE Variants, Y-wing, and YT-series could fill another three works. Maybe Jedi Starfighters as well?

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Owners Workshop Manual series in the very late Legends era, fits that description pretty neatly - maybe the newcanon could give us some more? That brand seems like the most likely bet for further books.

15. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    I would like a book in lieu of Twilight Company but from the Empire's perspective (we had a few POV chapters from a stormtrooper, but they were more for setting up the final act of the book than anything else), set between III and IV.

Mopping up Separatists, phasing out clones, bringing order to galaxy, that kind of stuff.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    A story that features Jyn Erso but ISN'T part of Rogue One tie in material. Will probably have to wait for a few years for it.

17. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Funnily enough, I want the complete opposite, a Rogue One tie-in book that doesn't include Jyn Erso.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    • A novel or comic about Qui-Gon and Dooku
    • A novel about Padme set between I and II, telling how she was convinced to become a Senator and covering some of the origins of the Separatists
    • Comic - The Siege of Mandalore (if, after a few years, it looks like it won't be dramatised)
    • Two Before the Awakening-style books set just before TPM (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme) and ANH (Luke, Han, Leia)
    • A comic series of some of Luke and Ben's adventures before he fell to the dark side
    • A novel covering Ben's fall
    • A new canon "Essential Chronology" after Episode IX, written as an in-universe history book

19. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    "begins throwing money at screen vigorously"

Darth_SHOT likes this.
  20. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I'd like a book of Luke's activities between ROTJ and TFA, maybe before Bloodline though.

21. missile

missile Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2016
    We need comics during the time of the jedi's prime before the prequels,get a better picture of exactly how far the jedi had "fallen" during the prequels.

revan772 likes this.
  22. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    That's one of many things I wanted to see in the old EU, had they ever gotten to the ROTS-to-ANH era.

Would've especially liked to see it through the eyes of established Imperial characters. Pellaeon, Rogriss, guys like that.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I've been reading Life Debt and am convinced we NEED a book of Cobb Vanth on Tatooine as a western of sorts. Also, a comic based on Maz & ME-8D9's adventures in space combing the galaxy after the scene on Takodana.

24. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    More comics featuring Clawdites. More Zam Wesell. Cato from TCW. Stuff like that.

More Shaak Ti. Ki Adi. Barriss Offee.

Revive Prince Xizor. Why not! Thrawn is back. Go for it.

25. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I'm totally down for Shaaki Ti, Ki Adi, and Bariss. I want to see what Bariss did next and you need that old history filled in on the others.