main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Your state will be graced with a great presence....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Senator_Elegos_A-Kla, Mar 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Yes, I, the magificant Senator_Elegos_A-Kla will be visiting your state!

As of tomorrow, I will cross the border and be staying at Wagga for a few days, then on to Richmond for another few. Then I will be lodging at Randwick and touring Sydney for a day. If you're lucky you could spot this key VIC FFer! If you spot a group of people outside Galaxy Books with dark-blue polo tops with 'Australian Air Force Cadets' written on the right sleeve and one of those is wearing a pair of TPM pants you have spotted him!

And all Canberrans, I will be coming to the ACT after Sydney mmkay?

2. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Quick! Sisters! Form the Wall!
    :p

3. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    When will you be here in Canberra. Might be able to find time out between uni and work. :)

4. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Saturday = Sydney (All days,wandering around I think) and I'll be on a night tour.
    Sunday = Canberra (Around Parliament House, War Memorial - In the afternoon. I'll be travelling there in the morning) and I'll be on a night tour of Canberra also.

5. S_2BU

S_2BU Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    I can't wait.

6. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    That's good to hear Mr Senator Person. :D

Tell us exactly when you're in Sydney and we may be able to organise something. :D

7. S_2BU

S_2BU Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    Does anyone remember what the Vong did with the Senator when he paid them a visit? [face_devil]

8. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah, we can organise something on Saturday during the day I'm sure. Lunch could be kewl!

9. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Pretty sure Im free, so Id be up for lunch or whatever.

And D: I remember. We'll do that after lunch though. Never work on an empty stomach.

10. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    As usual, it depends on work, them being the bastiches they are

11. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Give us a time and a place! :D

12. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    Elegos visiting? Wow...

13. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    He's really a spy gathering intelligence on FFNSW......

14. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Our state will be laced with grape essence? What?

15. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    The grapes want to steal our carrots.

*shrugs*

I think they're trying to attract Bugs Bunny.

16. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Money low now. can't come. sorry kids

17. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    It's Friday and still no word... :(

18. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Guess he hasn't had the chance to get on the net while away.

19. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    that happens

20. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    I guess we missed him (or he missed us).

21. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Unforunatly that last message I posted was about 1 hour before I left on the bus.

But if anyone saw a bus with an Air Force logo on it going around, nearly blocking off some streets, that was us.

And if you saw a bunch of teenagers on Bondi Beach wearing what is similar to a policeman's uniform, that was us too.

And of course the people wearing those blue polo tops with the Australian Air Force Cadets logo and name on it, that was us too.

I left your state on yesterday at 5:30pm when we crossed the border.

22. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Was it a blue sirt, with navy pants? Beacuse I may of saw you.

23. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Our Parade uinforms are Light Blue Long-sleeved shirts, dark blue tie and navy blue pants and black shoes. We always wore either dark blue; wide brimmed hats/legionnare caps/Garrison Caps (The things that the American Marines wear)

Our 'Civillian' uniforms were dark blue polo tops with the AAFC creft on the left breast and Australian AirForce Cadets on the right sleeve. We were allowed to wear casual pants, but most were either dark colored pant and jeans.

Here is what we did and where during my trip:

Monday April 1: Went to Bandiana Army Barracks, looked at the museum there, then travelled to RAAF Base Wagga and stayed there for the night.

Tuesday April 2: Toured RAAF Base Wagga. Went to Temora Aviation Museum. Visited 332 Squadron Australian AirForce Cadets based at RAAF Wagga. Stayed at RAAF Base Wagga again.

Wednesday April 3: Left RAAF Base Wagga & went to Parkes Radio Telescope; toured around there. Travelled to RAAF Base Richmond and stayed there for the night.

Thursday April 4: Visited Boeing 707 Simulator at RAAF Richmond and looked around and had a sim flight. Visted 36 & 37 Squadrons (C-130H & C-130J Hercules repectivly). Looked inside them and I might want to be a Herc pilot now, C-130Js are sweet as. Stayed again at RAAF Richmond.

Friday April 5: Left RAAF Richmond and went to HMAS Watson in Sydney; visted Bondi Beach and travelled to our accomodation at Randwick Army Barracks. That night we visted Centerpoint Tower in Sydney and looked out across Sydney at night. Stayed at Randwick Barracks.

Saturday April 6: Went into Sydney and visted the Aquarium, Opera House, Darling Harbour and Circular Quay. Stayed at Randwick again. Also if you saw a bunch of people wearing what looked like 'civillian' uniform going over a bridge in Darling Habour (The one near the Aquarium and the Maritime Musuem) siging:

"Hey... Hey Baby! Oh! Ah! I wanna know.. if you'll be my girl"

That was us.

Sunday April 7: Left Randwick Barracks and went to Canberra and visited Parliament House and the RAAF memorial. We stayed at Royal Military Collage Duntroon.

Monday April 8: Visted the Australian Defence Force Academy and toured there and the grounds of RMC Duntroon. Went to the movies at Canberra and watched Ice Age and the AOTC Trailer!

Tuesday April 9: Visted the Helicopter Squadrons at HMAS Albatross in Nowra and saw the Sea King, Sea Hawk and Sea Sprites. Stayed at RMC Duntroon again. At about 12:30am someone set off the fire alarm as a prank (Not us Cadets though).

Wednesday April 10: Left RMC Duntroon, visted the Australian War Memorial and went on about a 7-8 hour non-stop drive back to Melbourne.

Also If you saw an Air Force bus breaking nearly every road rule and causing general traffic chaos... That was us too :p

24. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    It could of been you I saw on Friday.

25. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    HMAS Albatross rules!

I was born there :p

And now my younger brother is sweating away at training, down at HMAS Cerberus in Melbourne to be just like my Daddy :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.