main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your take on this ROTS alternate ending?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    The PT are part of the triology as a whole, and the OT has a lot problems. For instance why doesn't Obi-one recongnize RD-D2, Why are there incestuous moments between Luke and his sister, why does she remember Padme?
    Why is does Vader suck so much with a light saber?? Why did the prophecy was so anti-climatic? Hell, Anakin was supposed to be the bad-ass that defeated the Sith, but all he did was surprise the old man and throw him down an elevator shack.
    Another thing, how the hell did Luke become such a bad-ass with the force in such little time?? That's just stupid, Luke with a few months of training went a defeated Darth Vader, the chosen one...That's just B.S

And that's just a few.

2. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Obi-Wan not recognizing R2-D2 and the prophecy being "anti-climactic" are problems with the PT, not the OT.

3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Ahem.
    1.why doesn't Obi Wan recognise R2? Well if that's the way you perceive It, like as in Kenobi says, 'ah R2 my old fiend!' That's not the OT's fault. Remember, the OT was made BEFORE the PT so laying the rug of blame at the OT',s feet is nonsensical and ridiculous.
    2. Why are there incestuous moments between Luke and Leia? I take it your referring to the scene in ESB? Well it's quite simple really. Luke and Leia at that point in the story were unaware each other Had a brother/sister. It was later decided in the story to have them be siblings. But that moment already exists now. What are you gonna do? Ask GL
    3. Why did Vader suck so much with a lightsabre? Well Vader was a old man at this point. And the days of seeing Jedi and Sith flying around and spinning in the air in a whirl of Hong Kong style choreographed fight scenes were unthought of. Again, who's to blame?
    Oh yeah, almost forgot Padme. Why does she remember her? Luke specifically asks her about her REAL mother. So what Leia says to Luke isn't questionable until you see?..the PT. yes well done if you got that before I said it.
    4. The Prophecy being anti-climatic. Luke's aim was to get into Vaders head. When he sensed the conflict within him and that there was still some good left, he banked on that being his trump card against Palpatine. But it was a gamble. Palpatine knew nothing of Vaders conflict, he hid it well from him. Sorry the final showdown wasn't a melee of bodies doing backflips and somersaults and whatever, but Vader being indecisive when he sees The Emperor has Luke right where he wants him (and will kill him) but gives in to his compassion for his son is poignant stuff. The Dark Lord of the Sith, the man behind everything that was Evil and the Empire was gone. Ultimately defeated by the man he had corrupted to begin with.
    Finally we get to Luke. Luke was by no means a fully trained Jedi. But he was strong with the force and Yoda taught him what he thought he would need to have a chance to defeat the Emperor. He knew Luke was pure of heart and strong. But, it was a gamble. And everyone knew that.

4. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    This post makes almost no sense to me...You know the PT was made after the OT right? All the things your complaining about were established in the PT. Obi-Wan didn't recognize Artoo (not that he should since there are a lot of R2 units in the galaxy) because his adventures with Artoo weren't established until the PT came around.

Vader seemingly sucks at dueling in the OT because lightsabers are meant to mimic real-life swordsmanship, rather than over-the-top, superhuman-speed combat, which it was made into...in the PT.

Your feelings on the prophecy are your own opinion. I think that was one part that perfectly meshed between the trilogies. For Anakin to simply follow the prophecy and be a really strong Jedi who kills Palpatine would have been simple and lame. Instead the supposed Chosen One betrays and turns his back on everything he was raised on and was destined to do, then it turns out there was no escaping his destiny as he comes back into the fold of the Jedi and fulfills his destiny.

I love the PT too man, more than the OT actually, but any discontinuities between the trilogies is not the OT's fault.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  5. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Could this not be to do with his restricted movement owing to the suit and his own physical limitations after looking like a toasted marshmallow? Let's not forget he'd be in his early 40's by ANH on top of the physical issues i've already mentioned, plus when would he have been practicing his lightsabre battles and who against? Plot hole - i'm not that sure, i think that there's more than enough to suggest otherwise.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah this is turning into another PT vs. OT debate.

7. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Qui-Gon was 57, Dooku was like 82, Yoda was 900....The age thing isn't a very strong argument.

8. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Age alone isn't an argument, but if you consider he's spent half his life as a cyborg without any real use for either his lightsabre or force powers then he will be rusty. The whole idea of Vader was to rule by terror, we hardly see much force use by him apart from the choke, which isn't really a hard work out for him.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS, will get locked before it spirals down THAT reactor shaft.;)

Dredalus likes this.
  10. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    He does recognise R2-D2. He says "don't seem to remember ever owning a droid" in a sarcastic tone, as if he's teasing R2-D2.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Droids, possibly members of the Inquisitorius as well.
    [​IMG]