main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Your Thoughts On Desert Storm II: VOTE

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Xtant_Tyranus, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Let me start off by saying war is not a good thing. Being a veteran of one conflict I certainly wish no one else would have to see the things in which I saw during my tour in a tormented land. That being said, I did notice that an inaccuracy has popped its head up 2x here in this post. It concerns the Iraqi people and that of them being able to over throw the goverment or take action themselves. Let us remember after the 1st gulf war the Kurds in the north did ask us for help, some here stated something concerning asking for help so this addresses that. We are helping them just to much to late. Other than weapons at the time we gave them nothing. What did they get in return. Well the Kurds in the north were gassed by Saddam, so that is what they got in return. So here is another point he will use his weapons of mass destruction when given the chance. I also know of Al Queda(SP?) sorry I know that is wrong. Our first contact so to speak happened with them as 2 Blackhawk helicopters were downed in Somalia. With that in mind this organization may or may not be in league with Saddam, but I ask who here is willing to take that chance. I for one am not, they have already showed us what they are in fact capable of.

Now onto the N. Korea situation which was brought up. You are correct that they have the ability to hit targes on US soil. N. Korea may be a threat, but not one as immediate as Saddam. The reason for this is the fact that the leader there may be a little off, but he isn't a mass murderer such as Saddam. With that in mind we have a much better chance of ending that threat in other ways such a diplomatic means.

Sorry to barge in on your boards, but I noticed a very intelligent discussion taking place and decided to stop by. It's not often that people can speak of things such things and not get too out of hand.

With that said, God speed to our troops, and may God comfort the families of those who lose loved ones regardless of which country they are from.

2. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    yes thats correct thank you for correcting me on that.... it was in the back of my mind and i just typed it out before thinking...

and for calling me and idiot for expressing my opinions....

3. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    i have the answer! move all the innocent people out who are againsnt war and "glass the place"

4. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    thats a lot fo people to move... our moeny would be better spent trying to educate them more....

i dont claim to know everything guys... im not saying war is the only option... but i dont think we have explored all the options yet and this could be a mistake....

i seem to remember Bush himself said he would go to war no matter how many people said no.... he himself said that our voices did not matter in this..... i believe thats a first....

5. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    he himself said that our voices did not matter in this.....

Could you please post some proof of this? :) I do not remember hear that. :(

6. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    i dont know where it is or was (maybe his last address to the nation) but he was talking about all the actors and marching against the war... he said none of it would stear him from going to war with iraq

7. Padme_Anakin_Fan

Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    This war makes no sense, it serves no purpose... Iraq is more than capable of liberating themselves.... I mean **** we left them a great chance to free themselves after the last war.... But did they? No

As far as I know, they now don't and never have had the ability to literate themselves.

8. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    here, here! lets get 1000 troopers togetehr and bring iraq into the 24th century! :)

9. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
  10. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    but he was talking about all the actors and marching against the war... he said none of it would stear him from going to war with iraq

Actors are actors, not politicians...they need to stick to what they do best.

11. Xtant_Tyranus

Xtant_Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    As the commander in chief of this thread i have this to say

if it wasnt for our involvement in WWII, half of europe would now be german,

if we dont stop this man, remember

IT IS TO PREVENT A FUTURE ATTACK

NOT TO STOP A CURRENT ONE

VALUE ROCKER, YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS:

being a human is to be free, if you stand and watch others suffer, your just as bad as Saddam, we need to liberate these poor people from an evil dictator, and bring peace to the middle east

12. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    and what about the marching? actors are still americans besides that... hes there to represent America that means all of us...
    including marchers and actors....

and Iraq and places like Iraq do have the ability to liberate themselves.... maybe not at a cost they want to pay

but a lot of people died freeing America from England...

13. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    Then please tell me how they should liberate themselves when they have nothing to use for fighting? :)

14. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    screw the actors! and the women in black! the are exorsizing their right to demonstrate and free speach that i fought for! I doubt you know what its liek to actually defend this contry from these people! I hope you will enjoy your internet, your computer your girlfreind/wife at the beach in a bathing suit, your new car, your tv, need i say more? well i hope the next time you say somethign, g.w.bush will come over to your house rip out your tounge and nail it too the wall! Oh, wait that is another country...sorry!

EDIT: Stop with the personal attacks. I want to go to bed and not have to babysit this thread all night.

Zareck,Jason S.
    SGT USArmy
    Section Chief-3rd Fire Platoon
    1/12 AD

15. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    bringing peace to the middle east by removing saddam.... once hes gone what do you think Irans gonna do?

and i never said stepping in during WW2 was a bad idea.... i think we did what had to be done... and thats a lot different than this situation...

16. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Why the comparison between Iraq and the American revolution does not work:

1. America was fighting a war on its own turf. That means better supply routes, and knowing the land better. It was more difficult for Britain to resupply itself.
    Edit: What I mean is Britain was fighting a foreign war in a colony while Iraq would be fighting on its home turf.

2. America needed help (from the French no less) to defeat the Brits.

3. Americans were not violently suppressed by a dictator. They had some Brits telling them to pay taxes from thousands of miles away and that's about the extent of it. Revolt did not lead to throwing them in plastic cutters and making their family members watch.

4. Americans were much better supplied in comparison to the Brits than Iraqi rebels are compared to the Iraq army.

17. Xtant_Tyranus

Xtant_Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    TK 7603 i support your thoughts

, my best friend is out there, and i supported his decision to join 3 years ago,

i myself, if called to deployment via draft, would see it as an honor to defend my country, and in death, i would be proud to die for my country to know that my family will be safe from terror 30,40,100 years down the road, i would go to the airforce

18. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    im sorry for having an opinion man...

i could be wrong but this is what i think... im not gonna jump on the war wagon with out making sure its the right action to take.... theres a lot at stake and id like to know that theres a clear reason for war instead of this back and forth on the issue...

its great that you fought for our country man, your right im not a member of the armed forces... does that make me unamerican? id like to think i stand for many of the things this nation holds dear.... including going to war if the need be... my point here is that our action may be misdirected and it could bite us in the butt if we are wrong...

as for the Iraqis not having anything to fight with, thats a hard thing to tackle without getting into possibly another cold war....

19. Padme_Anakin_Fan

Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    How do you see that as another possible cold war :confused:

20. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    fox

good points there...

but as youll note the French withdrew from the war.... they pulled out when they could no longer ignore their own best interests....
    they werent about to fight our war for us and lose their own country....

but your right about the comparison being a stretch, i was mainly refering to the cost of the war for us and what we paid for our freedom...

but on that same note we cant just arm rebels and send them off to war....

21. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    How do you see that as another possible cold war

if we arm the rebels and someone else who has interests in Iraq begins supporting Saddam behind the scenes.... the term cold war is hard to apply here though because the sides arent very clear... the element of terrorists throws another variable into the mix as well...

22. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    Then that's a good reason for the US military to do it and not "rebels."

23. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    so put our children in front of bullets for them?

i support our troops fully dont get me wrong... i dont agree with this action but im behind the troops.... it will be hard oon them fighting this war when the reason for our involvement is so muddled in politics... a comparison to Vietnam is very easy here IMO....

i see a few people every week leaving for Iraq and it pains me to think that they are going into danger needlessly....

people should be more upset that the UN has failed to resolve this problem....

24. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    so put our children in front of bullets for them?

What children? Haven't seen any children in our military. [face_plain]

25. ValueROCKR

Feb 21, 2002
    there are many people my age and younger in the military... young men who will die in this war.... id like to KNOW that this is the right action before i consent to their sacrifices....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.