main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Thoughts On: Otoh Gunga / Planet Core Sequence

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Cryogenic, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    being that I love JAR JAR I loved those scenes, I think now that I look back on the whole thing The Phantom Menace was my favorite Prequel followed closely by Attack Of The Clones but I loved all three films.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't see nearly the intricate depth that some do but the planet core is quite easily one of my favourite parts of TPM. I particularly like the world within a world element of Gungan life being centred underwater and I *enjoy* the monsters which really aren't that outlandish for one that delights in digging into animal life like me. :)

Slicer87 likes this.
  3. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    The_Phantom_Calamari, I have to say whilst I very much enjoy that interpretation, it's much deeper than I bothered with. I just think it's a pretty cool line, and that Qui-Gonn/Liam Neeson's dry delivery is to die for. Although I am probably going to pretend I was thinking along your lines instead, it's a bit more impressive that way...

4. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    I thought it was pretty cool. The underwater monsters are great and then the prophetic line "There's always a bigger fish." You have Maul, the revealed Sith, and then Darth Sidious, the phantom menace, and the "bigger fish."

Rabs, Chancellor Yoda and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I like everything about it except for Jar Jar.

6. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    One of the things I love about star wars is all the different worlds and cultures that we see. So I am a big fan of this kinda thing :)

7. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes. Absolutely. Pure Star Wars. George is a genius.

MJ

8. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I actually really liked it, exxcept for the Gungans. Dear god, the Gungans. City was cool, monsters were cool, It did remind me of the space slug, which while not my favorite part of ESB, is pretty iconic.

9. Chrisf001

Chrisf001 Jedi Padawan

Dec 2, 2014

This line/concept is why I really like the planet core sequence. It's like a microcosm of the whole film, hinting at the layers of villainy (greedy trade federation, superseded by Darth Maul, superseded by Darth Sidious).

Also, I just thought the fish looked cool. :)

The_Phantom_Calamari likes this.