main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Your thoughts on the concealed-weapons law thingey

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by _Mike_, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    I posted this on another forum I frequent and wanted to see how you all thought on this issue that seems to be causing a big stink in the courts:

I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "Gun control means using two hands."

Guns scare me, especially the idea that it is inevitable that the law about concealed weapons will be passed here in Missouri (USA for you people who don't know the States.) I don't want to be walking down the street and see two people get into a fight, then one pulls a gun and blasts the other guy's head off and claim it was self-defence. It is human nature to react and then think. That worked, untill humans started living in settlements and the danger of predators dropped.

Sure its fun to shoot a rifle or handgun at a range sometimes, but, if I had a concealed weapon, I doubt that I would ever use it. I have a wierd fear of causing physical harm to another person. Weather it be shooting a dude, or giveing one an injection. Like if I was a surgeon, I could do anything by cut through the skin. I don't like things that are ment to pierce human flesh.

I know that this post focused mainly on my feelings and less on fact, but I think that I needed to post it.

---

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm against it as well. There's no reason that you need one. Guns are meant for killing and unless you're planning on killing someone, or something why would you need it? And if you're going hunting or to a shooting range, there's no need to hide a gun.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah I agree with Jon, I don't like the idea if only for the line and road rage. I swear there would be a lot of broken cars out there if I had a gun in the car. I'd shoot out all the tires. Stupid slow people in the fast lane!

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm not quite sure what y'all are talking about... Missouri is trying to pass a law to do what? make guns illegal or what?

a link to something that explains would be appreciated :)

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We're trying to allow people to carry concealed weapons (we as in MO, not me personally). I don't have a link, sorry.

6. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    Well, actually, the law was passed, but it's currently in legal limbo right now.

If you really want a link to something though you can look at my website. ;)

Oh, Jon, I disagree on what you said about guns being a thing to kill others with, it is also for hunting, food is good :D.

7. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    no he just said guns are meant for killing, in order to get the animal you hunt(duck, deer, etc) you have to kill it

8. kddidit

kddidit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    Hi, folks! There's a sign on the front door of my work: "No Firearms On Premises". Very sad and uncivilized. I'm not anti-gun, but allowing concealed carry seems an invitation to a tragedy like a shootout in the bank lobby or convenience store. :p
    Guns in the hands of trained and licensed individuals under the current laws is fine, imo. If you're hunting deer why hide the gun?

9. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I disagree on what you said about guns being a thing to kill others with

Dudeman already got it. You have to kill things in order to eat it. Unless you're gollum...

Also, like I said in my first post and kdiddit repeated, why hide the gun to go hunting? Not like the deer is going to go "Oh look, that guy has a gun. I'd better run."

There's no reason to hide weapons. Period.

If this law does ever make it all the way through, it's just all the more reason for me to move to Florida...

10. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    I'm glad that I have the right to bear arms, and pissed off that Illinois says I can only bear them in the woods or a range. I'm all for concealed weapons permits.

11. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    it's just all the more reason for me to move to Florida...

I thought you said you were moving out of the country first chance you got.

I do agree that there is no reason to conceal a weapon. If someone wants to walk around with their six-shooter in a holster like a cowboy, that's fine with me, but there's absolutely no reason to conceal a gun other than to harm someone or something.

12. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm all for concealed weapons permits.

Do you have any reasons to back up your opinion? If not I'll disregard it as just another person blindly agreeing with something without bothering to really consider it.

I thought you said you were moving out of the country first chance you got.

I'd still love to, but New Zeland doesn't need physics teachers like America does.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Awwwww, if you moved what would we do without you?

14. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    Party and carry on- er, um, what?? Who said that?? *looks around accusingly*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.