main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Your Thoughts On The Upcoming OT DVD's?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by XenoSphere, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I know a lot of us are upset with George's choice to only release the Special Edition on DVD. I'm just wondering what we all think about this. Will you buy it? Do you prefer the Original Edition or the Special Edition(Stupid Question...)? Why? Would you like to eventually see an ultimate box set(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 4 Bonus Discs)? Do you think George Lucas will ever release the Original Versions on DVD(Another stupid question...)? Will we be forced to record the Original Versions on DVD? And just your general thoughts...

:)

2. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I say that I won't buy it, but we'll see. George wanted to put out the SE because "those are the movies that he wanted to make originally".

He'll probably come out with the ORIGINALS after e3 comes out and he has no income coming in.

~DG~

3. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I say I won't buy the DVD's...and I mean it. To hell with the SE's. I can always watch the tapes.

4. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm with Mike on this one. I've got two sets of the original version. The DVD's can stay at the store.

5. DarthPilgrim

DarthPilgrim Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    hmmmm, well, I am kinda tired of re-purchasing vhs tapes when something goes wrong with mine. My originals are not very good quality already.
    Watching the SE on laserdisc gets to be a pain in the ass after I get up for the 3rd time to flip them.

so unless there is word of "final" editions or the orig. coming to dvd i'll probably pick up the SE dvds.

6. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    This may seem harsh but I would rather watch Episode 1 1/2 the Life story of Jar-Jar Binks than buy the Special Edtions on DVD.

7. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ RJ

I for one will buy them, just because it's the DVDs, because my non-SE OT version have turned to crap, and I don't feel like shelling out another 100 on ebay to buy another set. But I'm still disappointed to all hell that the originals are not being released.

8. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I think I could accept the SEs if the Greedo scene was changed back and the Yub-Yub song restored.

I do think GL is a complete hypocrite since he was a big proponent of preserving film history and against colorization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.