main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your thoughts on two Gentle Giant statues

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by IncomT65, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I've decided to treat myself on one of the two new Gentle Giant statues. It's gonna be the Speeder Bike or Darth Vader.

Problem is: I can't decide which to choose :_|!!

The Darth Vader is simply ultra cool and kind of an icon, imo, but the Speeder Bike is very beautiful, because it's not a straight forward choice of Gentle Giant. They could've easily made a Luke Skywalker or Boba Fett.

I've also thought of buying the Speeder Bike, and buying a Kotobuyaka (sp?) version of Vader.

Any tips, advice, help, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

PS: darn, it seems I've waited too long already! The Vader statue is now $199 instead of $179 :oops:!

2. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    Vader seems like more of classic choice. If I could only pic one I would go with him.

The speeder bike scout trooper is one of my favorite stormtrooper designs from the original trilogy along with the snowtroopers. And that statue is damn beautiful.

You can't go wrong with etiher one but I say Vader.

3. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    There are so many better Vaders but that is the quintessential biker scout.

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I agree that the Vader statue is nice, but the Scout Trooper is beyond sweet!

If I could afford it, that statue would be on display in my living room, regardless of my wife's complaining!

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, that Biker Scout is pretty great. I'd agree, Vader
    is the more iconic, but this paticular Biker Scout
    statue is cooler, IMO.

6. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    I've made up my mind. I mean, I could think about this until sith happens, but then I could miss out on both of them!

I'll buy the Vader..... made by Kotobukiya ;). I've seen almost nothing but excellent reviews of Kotobukiya.

This means that I will order the Speeder Bike Statue from Gentle Giant. Prices range from $ 168 up to $ 200, s&h for Holland goes as low as $ 9.75 :confused: and as high as $ 108 :eek:.

Most online stores ship through Express Mail, but the one offering $ 9.75 only offers USPS.

Could someone explain the difference between those two shipping methods? Cheap shipping is one thing, but if the statue gets lost or broken, it's one helluva expensive loss!!!

7. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Express Mail, as I know it, is overnight delivery through USPS. For $10 I'd say they're offering general parcel post shipping through USPS. It just takes longer. I think combined with how the statue is packed by Gentle Giant and then how that box would be packed by the seller, that your statue would be safe. If you have the ability to insure the shipment, that wouldn't hurt either.

8. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Incom I tell you what I was looking at these at C3 in april at their booth and I tell you what I prefered the speeder bike

9. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I couldn't agree more. Seeing it in person makes a huge difference. The pictures don't do either justice, but the scout is just soooo cool!
    :)

10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I saw both at C III and I have to go with the Speeder bike.Although I am a huge Vader fan,The trooper leaning against his bike is so uber cool. Ever since CIII when I got a exclusive sand trooper bust just cause I was in the right place at the right time,I am know HOOKED on them.I know have almost all of the new ones coming out this fall pre-ordered from one place or another.
    :)

11. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Well, it's done. I've ordered the Koto Vader and pre-ordered the Speeder statue :)!

I found a shop here in Holland that sells both. The Koto Vader is 65 euros, which is roughly $75, the Speeder is 210 euros, approx. $250. Shipping is free, but I think I'll pick it up at their store. That way, the risk of something happening to it during shipping is almost nada.

If I ordered the Speeder from my choice of shops (namely Actionfigurexpress), the total amount would be $240.

Thanks for clearing my vision on this, guys 'n gals! Coming June and November, I'll be one happy diddly-doo-da-do-gooder! :) :) :) :)

12. Grievous52

Grievous52 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Id choose Vader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.