main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Top 3 funniest C III memories?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Not counting things like the stage shows and stuff. Just random moments.

Here are mine:

1. Ralph Brown during the Opening Ceremony! I loved how he walked on stage and took a picture of the audience!:cool:

2. George Lucas mixing up Jay Laga'aia with Body Taylor during the first Q&A session and no one in the audience dared to correct him, not even Jay Laga'aia himself. GL was talking about how they filmed Jay and then dublicated him (as Clone Troopers). [face_whistling]

3. Forgot where Jay Laga'aia said it (possibly during the Wookie show) about how cold it was out there and how he nearly froze off his balls- what did he call them? And then he called the audience ugly (this is an insider joke which he first used at a German convention in reply that he wasn't used as Jango Fett for being too handsome, or so I heard).:)

Post your fun memories!

2. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Probably one of the funniest moments for me was at the Marriott lounge when someone asked to see a tattoo I have in a....."unusual" spot. I carefully lowered my boxers so as not to expose myself, not realising that the lowering of the boxers caused the "fly" to open wide........:oops:

3. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
  4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Recognizing Nick Giliard as he walked by me. I had a surprised look on my face, and Nick smiled back at me.

5. olbenkenobi

olbenkenobi Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    1. Taking charge of the line Sat. AM and ordering Associates around.
    2. Having Associates try to bribe me to get in the front of the line. I just pointed at all the cold sleeping superfans and said "would that be fair to them?" One lady even tried to bribe me with, ahem, favors of a physical type.
    3. Going to the Lucas talk, and having Banakin Skywalker ask George what would happen to George after he died. GL looked totally perplexed to be asked such a deep and personal question by a walking Banana.

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    During the Matthew Wood panel, his mic kept cutting out, and he started to fumble with it, but was just making the problem worse. It was funny because he is one of the main sound editors on the SW prequels. When he admitted that he couldn't fix his mic, he said, "I'm a fraud!"

Also, during the same panel, Jay asked him to say, "And would you like fries with that?" in the Grevious voice. It was hilarious.

7. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Saturday morning in the line outside, waiting for George, a guy had a bad fight with his umbrella because it was damn windy, and a guy behind me starting commentary on the show and it was just awesome funny.

And the thing where jay called the people ?Ugly? was from German Jedi Con in 2004.
    He was hilarious in Germany, I guess everybody loved him.

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Standing in line for the Opening Ceremony for three hours and then having to go to the restroom and when I returned they closed the area. Someone else had my stuff.
    I tried to tell those security guys to let me back in to get to my backpack and whatnot.....no chance. The GenCon guys acted depth.
    Oh well, I was pissed off. Though, it was very funny how others suddenly started addressing you with things such as, "Were you in line? Hey, man, let this guy back in. Don't act unfair. Let us all in."[face_mischief]

I didn't get in. So I missed on the Stormtroopers marching into the hall. I did however see them line-up on the corridor, which was cool. Then I went to the fan theater and watched one or two short films. A half hour later I somehow got in to the Opening Ceremony![face_dancing] Before Rick McCallum came on stage. Even before the Battle of the Heroes Music Video. Before Steve Sansweet said "Sith Happens"!

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    -Being woke up by the buzzsaw that was running lose in our room, aka JediRiff's snoring. :D

-Paul Blake's showing me a little sign that he made which said "Han shot first. Its okay signed, Greedo" when I jokingly asked who REALLY shot first. :)

-The drunk dude passing out on JediRiff's bed when the group of people came back to our room after the party at The Lotus.

10. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    I think for me my top funniest would have to be... (In no piticular order)

-Baring witness to K.O.B. droping his pants down in front of actress that played Sly Morea (Or how ever the way you sell it)whitch leeds me too...

-Getting that actress so drunk off her (Beep!) that she shows off her twins =P~ for everybody. ( I know I'm good [face_mischief])

[image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/badkarmajmc/Star%20Wars%20Celebration%203%204-23-2005/71.jpg]

-And finally showing my tattoo to Daneil Logan and having say my tat was "pimp" and "Gangster" with an Aussie acsent ... Priceless !

[image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/badkarmajmc/Star%20Wars%20Celebration%203%204-21-2005/19_Daniel_Logan1.jpg]

11. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    "Saturday morning in the line outside, waiting for George, a guy had a bad fight with his umbrella because it was damn windy, and a guy behind me starting commentary on the show and it was just awesome funny. "

HAHAHAHAHA! I remember that because I was in line with that very same person. And guess who that person is? Yes, Mr. Umbrella man is our very own moderator The2ndQuest. :p

the other 2 funniest moments for me:

Ralph Brown's reaction when I asked him to sign a mountain dew can with his face on it. He didn't even know that his face made it onto a soda can. He was like "Oh my god!" and tilted his head back in his chair. He then took a photo with him and the can. If I had had a spare can, I would have let him keep mine, but I'm trying to get all 24 cans signed.

The other funniest moment for me was the video piece they used to introduce Jay Laga'aia for a lot of the sessions he hosted. They showed clips of Typho with some sort of "he has everything under control" theme. Then it cut to a shot of the ship exploding and him getting blown over onto his back and the words "maybe not" came up on screen.

Another funny moment was during a Rick McCallum session where he was talking about the age old tradition of going to the movies. He said something along the lines of "if you're lucky, and the movie was really good, you might get even luckier after the movie" in reference to movie dates.

12. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I was at that one with my friend Jason. :D

Top 3, eh. Well mine can all be summed up with quotes:

"Lucas is coming... Lucas is coming... Lucas is coming." (waiting in line for George Lucas after 3 hours sleep).

"I have come to drip on your floor" (after walking around the hotel at 12am in a soaked swimsuit)

"letmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeout
    letmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeoutletmeout!" (After being trapped in a Ford Focus for 2 1/2 days - even though the company was awesome ;) )

13. BADKARMAJMC333

Dec 3, 2004
    Oh ! I forgot about this one .(do to the fact I was so drunk) It was friday night at the 501st/Rebel party. They announcing all the actors that could not make it to C3 that weekend. And 1 of them was the actor who played Porkens in ANH. He couldn't be there becuse he was sick. So once they announce that, being the smart(BEEP!) that I am [face_devil] . I souted out " I'M ALLRIGHT, I"M ALLRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!". I got a nice laugh from everyone plus the annoucer said "That was so wrong yet funny". Yes I Know I'm good :cool: .

Plus whoever went with me to the Ram that night ...
    I still got the beer mug.

Later!

14. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Dude! What about the guy that jumped stage with the band at the Saturday party?!? [face_whistling]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Celebration%20III/Our%20Group%20and%20friends/C3066.jpg]

(Although I hear the song I wrote about PooDoo's roomate's hotwings was pretty funny.... Don't remember it, but I hear it was good. :p )

15. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    - Walking from the hotel to C3, outside in the cold, with my Malikili outfit on when a police officer stopped his car, got out, and had his partner take a picture of me with him.

- Right after that, I was walking past a reporter from CNN who was interviewing a Darth Vader when he stopped in mid-sentence, reached out for me and said to his camerman,"I just have to get this guy on camera!!!" (My wife was just so proud)

- Falling asleep in the elevator after a few drinks

16. KOB

Aug 22, 2004

That is GREAT!!! Love it!

17. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm loving the picture of Daniel Logan tripping on the tattoo. . .and ps: He's a Kiwi, not an Aussie ;) :-B

18. BADKARMAJMC333

Dec 3, 2004
    Electrakitty
    "I'm loving the picture of Daniel Logan tripping on the tattoo. . .and ps: He's a Kiwi, not an Aussie "

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. :oops:

K.O.B.
    Thanks for reminding me about this...
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Celebration%20III/Our%20Group%20and%20friends/C3066.jpg]

And to anyone out there. If you have any pics or videos of me on stage that night I would vary much like too get a copy of it. Thanks

Later !

19. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Not so much funny, but...intersting...

3. Waiting up ubtil 3 in the morning for my last room mate (bobafett25) to show up. His plane was like 3 hours late out of Denver because of a storm.

2. Standing right next to Timothy Zahn in an elevator and not even realizing it! My buddy had to tell me who it was!! After we got out, we got a pic with him! Super nice guy!

1. Getting up on stage during the Celebration @ Celebration party in my Vader costume...waling around the stage when my frigging eye lense pops right out of my helmet!! Man that was emmarassing!!!

Overall, I had the best time EVER!! I can't wait for C4!

Elijah

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  21. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    That was friggin hilarious!! Jay was the best!!

22. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    1. The One Man SW Trilogy. HILARIOUS!

2. Obi-Wan taking down Jar Jar during the Cantina scene in the Musical. Never laughed so hard in my life!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. Waiting in line to meet Ray Park and my mom asked me who he played, and I told her Darth Maul. She said "THAT is Darth Maul?! God, he's hot!!!" (And I told her that's one reason why I was in that line! ;)) [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

23. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    My top three would be:

1. Nearly running (literally) into Rick McCallum on the first night after the improptu showing of the spectacular footage. The funny part was seeing me blubber and stammer trying to talk to him for like 2 minutes. I never did give him my name. I could barely remember it myself!

2. Myself, a man dressed in jams and an Obi-Wan robe, and a Princess Leia chick who was kinda hot heckling the crap out of A New Hope. It was like MST 3000 in there. It was great!

3. Sitting inside the convention center by the concession area on Friday morning watching all the really wet people drag their extremely heavy looking jedi robes through the door. And Saturday when it snowed, that was fun too. Watching the ill preparded people freeze their underdressed cajones off!!!:D

24. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Jay is the man. I hope he's back for C4.

25. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Oh! There was also when BADKARMAJMC333 carried -E- down the middle of the convention center offering to trade her for a vader fig. (The funny part was the guys waving their figs as if to bid....[face_laugh] )

Trade for Vader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.