main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Your top 5 favourite movies of all time

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ender Sai, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    This is fairly hard. ESB will probably end up on the list, but I really don't know about the other four.

Of course, my real problem isn't narrowing down my choice to just 5 movies, it's more trying to think of 5 movies that I really, really like.

I suppose using Ender's Island Hypothetical... I'd rather have cable internet access and play online games than watch movies... :D

2. Prodigiousman

Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Two Towers
    3. Fellowship of the Ring
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Philadelphia*

* I don't agree with the life choice of the main character but there is a lot to learn from the movie - and it is brilliant.

If you haven't seen it see it.

I know the fact i've seen Star Wars far too many times and that can take away the freshness of the movie - the LOTR movies are very fresh and I love that world Tolkein created. If ROTK delivers - we may have a new #1.

Seeya

3. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    1. Black Hawk Down - I had friends in that fight. Shows the true meaning of "Leave No Man Behind."

2. Lola Rennt (Run Lola Run) - First film I saw in Germany. Very nice.

3. Saving Private Ryan - The first thirty minutes really let you get a feel for the entire friggin war.

4. Robin Hood: Men in Tights - Best. Comedy. Ever! Rife with Gulf War humor (or humour if you will). "Patriot Arrow?"

5. End of Evangelion - A mind-**** of a movie. The action is great, the animation outstanding, and the message grand. "To run away from the world of pain, you deny yourself the world of pleasure."

4. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I had trouble narrowing down. My favourites usually shift with the mood Im in.

5. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    1) Contact
    2) The Empire Strikes Back
    3) The Two Towers
    4) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    5) Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

These are all subject to change. The New Jersey Chronicals, Fellowship of the Ring, the other Star Wars films, Indiana Jones films, and Sphere all get honourable mentions.

6. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

That's impossible!!

Hmmmphhhh ....
    Off the top of my head (and in no order):

Picnic at Hanging Rock
    Apocalypse Now
    LOTR
    Sleepless in Seattle
    Jaws

The ones that just miss out:
    Star Wars (all), Labyrinth, Dr Strangelove, Silence of the Lambs (all), Psycho, Spinal Tap, Bigger Than Tina, Wizard of Oz, Moulin Rouge, Dark Crystal, The Right Stuff ...

erm

Of course, if I posted again in 5 minutes, you'd see totally different lists...

7. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    1.Basketball-If you love dumb humor that makes fun off nearly everything then this is the movie for you.

2.Now and Then-A total girly movie.

3.Bring It On-Cool moves...hell yes!!

4.Resident Evil-Oh this has a really bad plot...but who cares!With all the gore, zombies and action you don't even notice!!

5.But Im A Cheerleader-I love this movie, its set in the late 60's, about a cheerleader who is turning queer (lol, sorry but the rhyming got me), so her parents send her to this place where she can learn to be "normal" again.Basiclly there very homophobic.But its really really funny.

See those are my favourite movies right now, they'll probably change in like, an hours time.

nina

8. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I have but one favourite movie

THE CROW

9. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Runty, going by your comments in the new movies thread, and given you just put the crow as your only choice, i'm given to thinking that either you like all the crow films, in which case your sense of good cinema has fallen over time, or you only like the first film, in which case you are okay.

10. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    1) The Usual Suspects
    2) American Beauty
    3) The Matrix
    4) LotR: Fellowship
    5) Adaptation

But there are many others as well...

Traffic, Lantana, the original Trilogy, Fight Club, Groundhog Day, Robin Hood - Men in Tights, anything with leslie Nielson (ie. Flying High)....the list goes on...

11. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    no particular order

Tron
    Run Lola Run
    Planet of the Apes (original)
    Battlestar Galactica
    THe last Starfighter

im a sucker for Old Skool sci fi

Just missed out
    Space Jam, JEdi, Empire, Transformers the movie, Waynes world 1 and 2

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Witness was on last night. Man, that movie was great. It reminded you that Harrison Ford was not only an action hero but an amazing actor. (thinks of "Random Hearts" and shudders...)

E_S

13. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Harrison Ford in Witness and The Mosquito Coast was brilliant, easily his best work.

14. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I am listing my 5 favourite series as I can't differentiate between movies in a series.
    1.SW
    2.LOTR
    3.The Matrix
    4.Fight Club
    5.Indiana Jones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.