main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your top 5 Sound Effects

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Dark-Vador1138, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyiokuXL

RyiokuXL Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    i have a sword that makes that sound in real life, you know, like metal sliding on metal

2. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, all's it would require is a bit of metal in the sheath. It's actually not a totally unrealistic sound effect - but generally speaking, sheaths aren't made of metal and so you have the conception that the sound is never made at all.

Oooh, I've got to post another pet sound of mine. I call it the Nutri Grain scream. It's this long drawn out wail that's overused in action films (and played backwards, actually sounds like a TIE Fighter). You can hear it in Dark Forces and StarCraft, if I'm not mistaken. In any case, I'll dig it up and put a link so you know what I'm on about.

EDIT: DarthArjuna, that sound you posted - I actually hear that sound quite often, but usually in the context of fire or a burst of flame or whatever. It's some kind of basic sound that people often combine with other sounds to get a different effect, methinks. The version I have is covered in sounds of roasting.

3. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    i have 13 swords, only one makes such a sound. the others have the dull sound of metal on wood.

4. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    The dean scream.

[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.