main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

{your town} Film Commission...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Have you ever used your local Film Commission to find locations, actors, advice, or other help? Tell us your experience.

I just sent an e-mail to the Colorado Springs Film Commission. I don't know if they will help. I don't know how much it will cost.

But I would like to know if you have had any success or experience with your Film Commission.

Do tell...

2. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I wanted to shoot my war film in a local city park so I contacted the park in question through their website. They forwarded my inquiry to the city film commission. I talked to a lady there who requested a short outline of the project and what exactly I was going to be filming, what kind of equipment, etc. Then she gave me the number of the Parks Division. I talked to them, set up a meeting to explain the project, filming dates/times, they gave it a go. I got access to a private area of the park for 3 days plus free parking.

So I definitely had a good experience with my local film commission.

3. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    The Iowa Film Commission sent advance notice to the park we were filming at to make sure they wouldn't give us any troubles. It went without a hitch. Nice guys, seemed genuinely interested in our project.

-Chris

4. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    The Cleveland Film Commission was VERY helpful when we were getting ready to film a scene at the Cleveland Musuem of Art for Darkness Descends: COTS II. The woman that I talked with answered every question and helped with every step of the process. She helped coordinate with the Cleveland Police Dept (who were also very helpful) and the University Heights Police Dept. The Art Museum on the other hand were not so helpful (sadly they had the final word even though we had the PD's blessings to film and we had the plug pulled on us (see Fan Film Nightmare Thread).

If I ever have to work with the Film Commission again, I will be more than happy to do it as they really helped out in every aspect.

5. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    wouldn't even know where to start here! :confused:

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

6. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Douz,
    Yeah, I read your experience in that thread. Sorry to hear about that. But glad that you were happy with the Film Commission.

Thanks for all of your experiences. Keep 'em coming!

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    bump... anyone else?

8. panicstruckpro

panicstruckpro Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    With filming Revelation the local Virginia and DC film commissions have been excellent, and your first resource to use for filming. They have been able to post and scout for us, as well as provide excellent contacts and referals for professionals we were looking for to be involved in the film. As well as equipment sources and other needs, your local film commissiona is there for you. What does it cost?? It costs you nothing. The commissions are set up to help film makers and productions through state/federal and organization funding. Depending on what taks you are needing from them of course. But most are more than willing to deal with a professional organized an produced film. A most excellent resource and you first place to look for talent, crew, equipment vendors, or any needs for filming.
    They have been a great help for Revelations and the film is very well received from them and the local film community because of the word of mouth.
    Just talk with them and see what they can do for your needs..perhaps point you in the direction you are looking for. Best of Luck!

9. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Thanks!
    I emailed the local film commission and they responded today that they would be glad to help and will call me on Monday.
    Can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.