Your Version of the OT if it wasn't made

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DARK_HELMET_05, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARK_HELMET_05 Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey, i'm new and expect to get slaughtered. anyway, if the original trilogy didn't exist, what would you expect to see and what would you want to happen in the next three episodes.
  2. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to the boards! Yeah, I hate flamers, too. I'd keep the OT the same, except I'd let Padme live and Anakin live and everyone's happy. Stupid, I know. I'm a sucker for happy endings! BTW, this probably belongs on another board -- I think there may be an OT board. :)
  3. Exar_Kuns_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome to the boards mate, but your in the wrong one, try the OT boards to post this instead.
  4. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I disagree... in light of some of the new developments in ROTS, many of which constitute spoilers, we should have the discussion here, because some of the "spoiler" information might be relevant to how we might wish the OT were different.

I, too, would like to see Padme live... :)
  5. Vad3r Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think he means the what the OT would be like if the PT was already made, including taking into account the events of Episode 3.

If this is the case, it would contain spoiler material, and this thread would belong here.
  6. DukeNukem Jedi Master

star 4
    More Jar Jar. Him replacing Chewbacca [face_alien_1]
  7. Darthette Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No Leia, no Ewoks. :) Darth Vader having flashbacks to his glory days, including scenes with Padme.
  8. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  9. Exar_Kuns_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    Then the thread should be called "What factors of the new Star Wars film would make you change the OT storyline and where"?!
  10. LegatoBluesummers Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    it would be with Anakin and the rest of the jedi, still surviving and with the kids being jedi as well(but not as ugly) trying to destroy Sidious after he ran away in Ep. III(he rounds up a bunch of powerful people to fight the jedi eventually)
  11. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    I'd only change Return of the Jedi and have an army of Death Stars being constructed in orbit around Coruscant. The Emperor is now living in an underground lair with lava. The space battle is to destroy the reactor to all of them and it's much bigger than the ROTS battle. Enjoy.
  12. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd also spare Mace, Shaak Ti and Aayla... [face_love] Or at least let them return as jedi spirits... :)
  13. WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Master

star 4
    No killing Jedi Younglings. No Jar Jar. No ewoks. More Darth Vader fighting. Getting to see Bail Organa at least once.

BTW, I agree with you, Darthette.
  14. Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    honestly? I dont think I would change a thing.

15. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No Jar Jar

He was never in the OT to begin with!! :p
  16. MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling

star 5
  17. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    He is now. Didn't you see him in ROTJ?

WEESA FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREE!
  18. Jack2886 Jedi Padawan

I would actually just like to have some anakin and padme clossure at the end of rotj or something. I do not excactly know how but i would like something. Like him trying to find her in the force or something that is a stupid idea but something like that.
  19. Sith_Dreamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, Episode IV would go as normal, except Vader would not find Leia on the Tantive. Instead he would find Bail, who he would interrogate on the location of the plans. R2 would still be instilled with the plans, and sent to Tattooine, but a random Rebel would let it slip, except that it was on Alderran. the Imperials would launch a full scale attack looking for them. Then it would be seen that the Droids were sent to Tatooine, and Vader would join the Death Star, with new infomation and a cpative LEia, and the info of Leia as being his daughter. Vader tells her this revelation, and promises her power, and an end to corruption in the galaxy. Somehow, she turns, and begins training.

Meanwhile, Luke find sthe Droids, are taken to Obi-wan, and everythign happens up until they go to Alderann. Once there, they find devestation.

MEanwhile, Vader cannot locate the plans, finds out Luke used to be there, and is his son, and decides he is no longer there, sinc ehe cannot feel any sign of prescence similar to his, and has The Death Star test it's power on it. Plus there too, because Anakin gets some revenge on that world.
    Hearing of the devestation, Obi-wan and the others go to confront Vader and destroy the Death star, with a group of Rebels who take them to the rebel Base on Yavin. Obi-wan and Luke are sent as decoys to shut down the shields on it, and get taken by the tractor beam. Then the rEbels will lead an attack to destroy it. han leaves as usual.

After they get on the dEath Star, Obi-wan finds Vader and Leia, and cinfronts Vader, while Luke is sent to confront Leia, both are untrained, so evenly matched. Vader cuts off Obi-wan's arm, and trys to decapitate him, but Obi pushes him back, and cuts off his legs. Vader pleads for help, realizing he may loose. Obi doesn't believe him, not feeling any good within him, and kills him. (This is one way. I'd rathe rVader liv ethough. This just flowed well for a spur of the moment thing.) Obi then goes to shut down the Death Star shields.

Luke fights LEia, and wound sher in a decnet size lightsabe rfight, and she gets away, and lauches from the DS, just as the shields go down. Luke and Obi ge toff, just as a returning Han and the pilot Wedge destroy the Death Star. LEia leaves to meet with Palpatine, and tell hi of what has happened, and get her sith training. Obi-wan tells the Rebels they willr eturn, and Luke that Vader was his father. Luke feels bad, but goes with Obi-wan to Dagobah, to get full training from him and Yoda.

(I'll type Episode V later, not now.)
  20. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Remember guys, the OT is holy and perfect and untouchable, and nothing should be changed. That's blasphemous.
  21. jediart Jedi Master

star 3
    At the end of R O T J the last scene fades out and
    before the credits roll you see........................

COMING SOON TO YOUR GALAXY....
    E P I S O D E - VII,VIII,& IX....

;)
  22. MaddVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    maybe a little more of vader's inner struggles, just a little. other wise the ot is all cool by me. even GL enhanced
  23. MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Since the mods seems to have missed this one for now

I'll be nice

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10002

Before the mods lock this

Post this there
  24. Darthoffski Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't know what I would do, but there's one thing I'm certain of. If the OT didn't already exist, and we didn't already know everything turns out okay in the end, ROTS would not have the freedom to be as dark as will be.

Might be interesting to cast Hayden and Natalie as their own children, though, with a little extra make up on Ewan for the Obi Wan part.
  25. dsk2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Definitely portray the Empire as an even more menacing, evil, oppressive force in the Galaxy, akin to the Nazi Empire in Europe, or Sauron's armies in LOTR...thus making the plight of our heroes ever more dire, while making their cause ever more just.

Sure the Empire blows up Alderaan (a planet we don't see and thus really sympathize with) and kill Luke's caretakers, but for the rest of the Saga we only see the Empire hunting down the Rebel 'Terrorists' that have been sabotaging them.

WE SHOULD SEE ONSCREEN that the Empire enslaves whole populations (like the Wookies), and blockades whole planets, and routinely destroys populations on a whim, or see that simple people like Owen and Beru have to pay excessive taxes and have no land of their own (and are essentially slaves), and see that the Empire OWNS everything and oppresses EVERYONE in the Galaxy. Stormtroopers should instill fear, i.e., beating, imprisoning, even killing aliens & humans, etc.

Sure it's a PG saga, but as we're seeing now, Lucas doesn't mind a lil PG-13 action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.