main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

your views please on possible SW fan film night in London.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by anth, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Just a hunch.

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Probs my spelling, sense of humor and ideas ;) Im one of those 'freaks' you remember from school.

3. majormorgan

majormorgan Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Anth,

I'd be well up for that, I work in London during the week..!!

And the timing is great, Secrets of the Sith will be over-ready by then so it would be a great chance to see it on the big screen !!!

After christmas I might be able to help you out with promoting the night etc...

Let me know if you need some help!

Thanks and GREAT IDEA !!!!

Richard

4. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    How many fanfilmers are out there, by the way?

5. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    I would also ask each director for a three or four sentence blurb. A recorded one -- in this ages of technology -- would be even better.

You know: "This is ______, director of ______. I wish I could be there but I hope you enjoy my movie which was filmed in the desert hills of ______."

6. anth

anth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2004
    Once again, thanks for all the input and ideas. :)

I'm taking note of every suggestion here.

MajorMorgan: I've e-mailed you to the contact addy on your secrets of the sith website, hope that's ok.

After some investigating i'm afraid to say that the venue does have quite strict house rules on age. It's 18. I'll continue to try. But at this point it's not too hopeful that younger people would be allowed in.

This will all be finalised in the new year. And that's when we'll hopefully get a definate 100% date. I'm hoping before then that i can get some idea of numbers attending. And a sample DVD together to give to the owners of the bar. The venue publisises events too so i believe with all this combined we'll have a full house. And hopefully a regular yearly Star Wars fan film festival in place after it!

I'm going to do everything i can to make this so good the guys at the bar will not want to miss out on it! *L* :)

7. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Im of to get my coat and beard.

8. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Might I also suggest losing your umbilical cord as well?

Dead giveaway.

9. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Whats your problem with me?

10. TuxedoTom

TuxedoTom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2004
    Yeah, seriously, sort yourself out.

Make it yearly fanfilms because my Ghostbusters one can be in the second one hosted :p

11. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Yeah, that way fan films wont die out!

12. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    It would be great to see premiers and special made for the fesival films. Previews even. Maybe even a DVD! we all bring along our disks and we get all the films shown on the night! You could put a web cam in the pub so we can see the films over the net and get the feeling that we are there. Maybe some cool TF.N memebers day t-shirts! Your gonna have to make the money to 'rent' the bar some how. You cant charge entery as that would be making money of fan films and having a pub full of drunk punters after a day of work while where watching fan films which they may find cr@p. Please keep working on getting us younger ones in.

13. majormorgan

majormorgan Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Anth,

I got your mail, and I'm definately interested...!!! Should be great...!!!

We need to get more UK based people willing to commit and to turn up to give talks after the screenings as well as people will have questions...

Great !

14. anth

May 20, 2004
    Ellbobin: It's my hope this night will have mass appeal for the usual bar regulars who are mostly sci fi fans. As well as us fan film fans/makers. I hope to make this whole package an attractive one for the bars owner in terms of bums on seats spending money on the premises, if that's the case we will not have to worry about renting the place. The owner does like to do a service to sci fi fans, but he's a business man too. That's why i intend to put a strong program of movies together and make the whole thing the best it can be. So he welcomes us back year after year. And gives us a definate go ahead when i present him with all this.

MajorMorgan: Glad you got the mail. And very pleased to have "Secrets of the Sith" in the line up. :)

Any of you guys who wish to show their stuff, or if any of you have any ideas or want to contribute something you feel may make the night better please post here.

As advised here i've already begun contacting film makers. And got one confirmed already. So that makes two definate inclusions.

15. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    get some stuff that will be shown in the interal, some saber fights maybe, just so people dont get bored. play some music over the top.

16. TuxedoTom

May 11, 2004
    I'm willing to commit to whatever help you guys need, although bear in mind I live in Essex so watch me around the expensive gear :p

17. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Me too!

18. TuxedoTom

May 11, 2004
    We're legendary thieves! Essex woot!

19. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Man, Id be well up for that. Bit of a trek from West Wales (the ferry to ireland turns round in fron of my house) but I'd love to come to an event like that, see my favorite films on a big screen, surrounnded by fellow geeks, and able to show my appreciation to the creators, maybe buy em a drink if theyre lucky haha.

Would love to get more details

20. trevor_lamb

trevor_lamb Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Have you posted in the FFUK or London boards?

Would love to participate in it. What films will you be showing?

21. anth

May 20, 2004
    I was waiting until i had more info before going to the FFUK etc.

This topic was to sort out issues with showing the films initialy. The guys here helped me out because i had no idea of how a public showing should go ahead.

I've had two offers of films within this thread. And it looks like We'll have Knight Quest on the big screen too.

I'll definately be putting this on somewhere, and contacting more film makers shortly. The big thing for me is to get this venue confirmed, as it's an awesome one. And as i've said before here, i'll be having a meeting around christmas which looks like it will confirm Pages bar London as the place for the film night.

The bar already has a large Sci Fi fan customer base, and is themed in a futuristic sci fi style. And that'll help the evening enormously.

Any UK guys who want to keep up to date, follow this thread, or keep an eye open in the UK section of the boards. Or you can e-mail me for info, or to offer help of any kind. anthmartian@yahoo.co.uk :)

22. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Those damn age limits! I had my hopes up aswell :(.

*Rebels against the Age Limit Appreciation Society

Owen ;)

23. insta111

insta111 Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    what 'hunch'???

24. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I know this is a long way off and there are many other things that need to looked at first, but is there any chance of having a guest list for people who are on the boards to make sure we get in. If the bar is a popular as you say it is, i don't want to have to travel 5 hours just to get turned away because your full. espcially if i get my film finished and showed.

I also asked my gf if she wanted to go and she said yes. so we have a confirmed girl comming......i repea a girl. But remember she mine, so hands of when we get there.

25. anth

May 20, 2004
    Tempestjonny

I'm bringing my girl too! *LOL* This is seriously denting our stereotype image ya know.

That's a very good point. And one that'll have to be addressed. The problem is no way can we afford to close the place and cover the nights takings and presumably "rent" the bar.

I do recal a friend of mine reserving tables when we had a get together there in the past. So i think that's the way to go. When we have confirmed numbers hopefully before we get this 100% settled then i can say to the owner these guys are contributing to/supporting the event and we'd like tables reserved. I also think it will benifit us if we do have X amount definately coming. It will help sell it to him if we need to.

Also i think that due to the distances involved we should definately look at meeting up in the day. Making it a good day out as well as a great night, a really worthwhile get together.

Maybe exchanging mobile numbers near the time so we can group together all through the day too, rather than just everyone having to be at one place at one time.

I'm thinking of making a website for this event ( i'm no webartist, but i'm sure i can make something adequate.*L*). To post news. And having a list of films showing as it grows, and members attending.It might be a good way for everyone to track what's happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.