Your vision of the USA in 50 years.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Darth Mischievous, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dizfactor Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But they are killed, maimed, and persucuted in many countries around the globe.

That's really not appropriate.

right-wing media sources pay a lot of attention whenever, say, Christians in India get beaten or killed, but what they don't say is that those beatings and killings are very often provoked by the Christians desecrating, vandalizing, or outright destroying sacred Hindu sites or disrupting ceremonies ro what have you. i mean, mob justice is not really the ideal way to handle that kind of thing, but when some uppity jerk comes along and sets someone's thousand-year old sacred shrine on fire, he can't exactly cry "persecution!" when the faithful come and stomp him.
  2. eclipseSD Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Basically the same as it is now, with the addition of flying cars.

Of course, the cynic in me thinks that the nation will someday become totally politically correct.

Every book, movie, and song made will be bland, unoffensive, humorless garbage.

Churches will no longer be allowed to display religious art outside, even on their own property.

The name Christmas will be outlawed, and replaced by "Happy Day". Holidays will become "Special Days" with the removal of Mother's Day, Father's Day, President's Day, Easter, Halloween, and Columbus Day.

All references to God in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence will be erased.

Of course, all sport names must never refer to a race, group of people, country, or take any name deemed to be offensive.

Oh, and Sports? Sports will be toned down so that women and weak men can play them. The NFL will be touch only, of course.

Public Schools will have no religion, philosophy, or theology classes available. Math teachers will accept answers as long as they are close enough 2+2=3,4,5. Social Studies will not teach about foreign wars, so as not to offend ethnic students. As for sex education, I will leave that to your imagination.

As a result of the above, private schooling and home schooling take off to such an extent, that public schooling is now in the minority.

The scary thing is, much of what I typed above is already happening, though, on a much smaller stage. Who is doing it? Town councils and judges, under the iron fist of the ACLU.
  3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    In 25 years, Great Britain will re-conquer Canada. They (British and Canadians) will move across the United States and surgically take down all major military bases. After that, the full-fledged attack comes, and the United States are renamed the United British Colonies of America.

Long live the British Empire, and God Save the Queen.

;)
  4. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    "Every book, movie, and song made will be bland, unoffensive, humorless garbage."

Last I heard it was Christians burning books(here in the States anyway).

"Who is doing it? Town councils and judges, under the iron fist of the ACLU."

Yes, god forbid someone defend rights no matter how unpopular. Please. The ACLU is to the First Amendment what the NRA is to the Second, and I support both of them in their respective causes.
  5. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Anyone read the article that I posted a link to?
  6. 800-pound_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    oooh... stackpole the hobbit! you make my toes tingle! heh heh!

cheers!
  7. DarthYama Jedi Master

star 4
    People will complain about declining morals, and say that things were better fifty years ago.
  8. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Last request: Can someone please read and write their thoughts on the article I posted a link to... I think it is very intriguing and interesting!
  9. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    "People will complain about declining morals, and say that things were better fifty years ago."

[face_laugh] too true
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.