main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Your Walmart Rules!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    OK, maybe that's an overstatement, as I've never been to a Walmart that actually ruled. But yours is infinitely cleaner, less-crowded, well-organized, and stocked much better with Star Wars figures than Greenville's Walmart. I wrapped a shoot early in Rocky Mount yesterday, so I decided on a quick toy run and was pleasantly surprised to find a J'Quille, Holographic Luke, and Rappertunie all in great shape. I don't think that wave is anywhere close to being in Greenville's Walmart.

2. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    The one in Roanoke Rapids SUCKS.......

3. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, the only time you are going to get anything from there is if you get stone lucky, and happen across them right after they are put out. Otherwise, you only have about 20 General Dodonnas sitting there on the shelf. And they dont get 12 inch figures at all.

4. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Dal, I found those figures you found here in Greenville Toys R Us months ago.. I seem to have success in Greenville when toy hunting... SW, GI JOE... But it's true, I haven't ever found much in Greenville's Wal-Mart.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    New stuff doesn't last long at G'ville's TRU anymore. The trucks normally come in on Fridays, so either a late night Friday trip or early morning Saturday trip was almost always a jackpot. But now I'm not nearly hardcore enough about collecting figures that I put myself through the grief anymore. I did go last Saturday morning since I had to pick up a birthday present for my niece anyway, and the VOTC had arrived the night before. Two pegs worth were totally wiped out except for a Han and Obi-Wan. At $10, I wasn't interested anyway. As for the Walmart, I can't even bring myself to go to it except in the middle of the night. The crowds are ridiculous and the parking lot is a death trap.

6. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I got the Han & Obi-Wan!!!

7. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I havent bothered with the first wave of VOTC small or 12 inch figures, because I ordered that case of both, its the ones after that, that I will have to start hunting for...

8. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Our Walmart sucks ass. For one it does not get anything else in after the first sell. I am mad as hell that after a month or two I have yet to get a slave Leia.

I swear to God if the Walmart here gets a Bossk and an Aalya Secura Unleashed and any of you pick it up and keep me from having my babies I am going to murder you. This is no threat, I will slip into your house and slit your throats and take what I want as payback for the Leia unleashed figure and my only true love, Aalya Secura and Bounty Hunters.

The thug has spoken.

Cameron

9. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    checked Greenville for you - no Leia.. yet

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Hehe.... you better hope I dont come across them first, Mordtat. :D I WILL grab them.

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I gotta have a Bossk..!!!!

12. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I guess I should be glad that I don't collect the toys then.

13. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I'm not a serious collector, I just pick up stuff here and there that strikes my fancy. However, it is frustrating to go somewhere and see the same figures or no figures over and over. The Wal-Mart in Wilson is particularly slack when it comes to SW goodies. I'm sure it will pick up once ROTS comes out.

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, like the OTC figures, you will be able to spot them from a distance, at first. Totally different packaging that looks sweeeeet. :D

15. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Riif there is a three letter word when it comes to you and toys. I am warning you, I am going to kill any of you who keep me from what I desire.

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    You will just have to beat me to them, is all. :) Then, you will get what you desire. Otherwise, you shall dine on my dust, my friend. :D

17. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I would rather "feast" if you take my meaning ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I *THINK* I do.....

19. Poldu_The_Wookie

Poldu_The_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2004
    ...always resorting to thugery :)

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Thuggery aint nowhere CLOSE enough to being what it takes to come between me and collecting my Star Wars figures. :)

21. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    "Come back... so I may brain thee!"

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.