main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You're All I've Been Hoping For ~ (NJO: Kyp/Anja, etc.) MOVED and UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by NarundiJedi, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes, it's officially Valentine's Day here where I am. So, I promised a happy little surprise, and here it is!

Presenting: You're All I've Been Hoping For

Summary: It's time for the birth of Anja's baby, and some other surprises. . . ;)

Prequels: Jaina's Drunk Duology (Drunken Night and Hungover Morning); Down the Sn'aala Hole We Go.

Here goes nothing. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?Brodey!? Cried a voice from the other room, distracting Brodey from the lesson on which he was concentrating. He felt his anxiety level rise for the thousandth time in the past week as he wondered if it was finally her time.

?Go on,? His grandfather sighed, switching off the remotes as he rolled his eyes. The many false alarms were beginning to wear on him as well, and he hoped along with Brodey that this was it.

Brodey half jogged, half stalked down the narrow hallway of his apartment to the room where Anja lay. She was bedridden, under strict doctor?s orders, to ensure a full-term delivery, and she couldn?t have been more bored; or more annoying.

?What is it, Anja?? He asked, gazing down at her as she rubbed her back and looked uncomfortable.

?My back hurts,? She said, pouting and looking frazzled. ?And I?m hungry again.?

?Well, I can help you with the food, but I think I should fetch Kyp for the backrub,? He said with a grin.

?Thanks Brodey,? She said, smiling back as she placed a hand on her huge belly. ?The baby thanks you.?

?Does she now?? He asked, chuckling. ?How do you know??

?I got a little kick from her. She must have heard talk of food. Now get a move on with it, before my back spasms any more out of control!? Anja ordered.

?Wait. You?ve got back spasms?? Brodey asked cautiously. ?How would you describe these??

?What do I look like, a medic?? She snorted. ?Retrieve my food, man slave!?

?Anja, I?ll be right back,? He said breathily, running from the room.

?That?s more like it,? She muttered.

------------------------------------

?I think the baby?s on her way,? Brodey blurted out so quickly that Kyp could barely understand him.

?Slow down,? Kyp ordered, placing a hand on the panicked younger man?s shoulder. ?You?re sure this time? It?s not another false alarm??

?I?m not sure, but I have a pretty big hunch. I think we should call the medic in to confirm it,? Brodey explained.

?That medic is probably so sick of seeing our faces by now,? Kyp sighed. ?You realize that he won?t come when we really need him if we keep on crying ?rancor.? He?s going to stop believing us fairly soon.?

?That?s insane,? Brodey said, appalled at the idea. ?Anja?s a first time mother. She doesn?t know what labor feels like. It?s not her fault that she?s prone to indigestion from all the food she eats.?

?Well, there?s only one way to find out,? Kyp answered. ?Drop him a comm.?

----------------------------------

?You people again!? The medic commented, pretending to be cross with them. ?What horrible thing has she eaten this time??

?Well, nothing really, but she complained of a sore back and told me that she felt it spasm. It sounded suspicious to me,? Brodey told him as he bit nervously at one of his cuticles.

?Hmmm, I do see eye to eye with you on that one,? The medic agreed. ?I?ll go have a look at her.?

Anja looked up eagerly when she heard someone enter the room, but her smile faded as she saw that he wasn?t carrying food.

?Narundi, unless the medic is going to magically change into a buffet tray, you?re in a lot of trouble,? She said with a frown.

?Anja dear, just let the medic have a quick look at you and then I promise you?ll have all the food you could ever want,? Brodey said wearily.

The medic went through all the normal procedures, checking heart rates and Anja?s temperature and blood oxygen content. Then he started in on a battery of questions.

?Ms. Gallandro, this back pain you?re experiencing, is it constant or does it come and go??

?It comes and goes, I think,? She said, ch

2. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    ?You hear that?? She said to the baby. ?You?ve been living in there rent-free for way too long. It?s about time you came out to meet me.?

Hehehe!!! Classic Anja ;)

So... I take it this is at least a couple more posts or so? :)

3. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yep, there are a few more, although I need to space it out so I can finish this sucker before I reach the end. :( Perhaps this was a little ambitious. . .

Jae Angel

4. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Hehehe... it's just like watching a soap opera..

"Who is the father of Anja's baby? Our commercials will make you THINK you find out next week, when in reality the characters will have the same cliffhanger conversation as this week, only in a different setting."

My soap opera experience is limited to the one half of a summer when my sister dragged me into watching Sunset Beach. Which, ironically enough, did have a question of a certain child's fatherly parentage that took *forever* to be resolved.

I didn't stick with the soap opera scene very long. I mean... don't those people have jobs? ;) :p

Oh, am I rambling again? Yikes, it's late, I really need to go to bed now. lol

Incidentally, Narundi, I'm just teasing. I understand you certainly can't let us know such an important fact without spoiling the fun of S'naala ;) ;)

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    whoohoo yay she's having the baby now. need more need more

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Sache, I happen to have watched a decent amount of soap opera television before I went off to college. Days of Our Lives is a tradition passed down in my family from my great-grandmother. I also picked up on Passions, which is quite possibly the cheesiest of them all! I still love it. ;)

This won't have any mystery about the father of Anja's baby. I doubt I could keep that in question for too long in my other story. You'll see what I mean in future posts.

Although this may be the "month-long" V-Day type story that they always advertise with Soaps. [face_laugh] I'll give you that! :D

Jae Angel

7. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Ya know I am can never call any soap opera more cheesy than days. I mean Marlena was possesed by the devil. One can not get more cheesy than that.

:D

OWLC

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Fun stuff, Narundi!

Anja in labor! Why does the mere thought reduce me to side-splitting laughter? 8-} [face_laugh]

Is it too soon to ask for more?

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    OWLC- Yep, I will admit that Marlena being possessed by the devil was pretty bad. Not half as bad as the whole Princess Gina fiasco! :p I first got really interested when Sami and Carrie had that rapist, Allan. I think everybody was watching back then. Finally, a storyline that didn't suck! Oh wait, it still did! ;)

JJD- Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :) Yes, Anja might have her elements of humor in this story. I'll let you be the judge. ;)

There will be more as soon as I finish something the size of the next post. Don't want to have it catch up with me, you know. :)

Jae Angel

10. Skyfang

Skyfang Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    LOL this is funny. I just may start to like Anja. So I know I should read the previous story, but I haven't had any time yet. Who's the baby?

And, off course, is there more coming today?

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I think the next post will explain whose child this is. . . fairly well ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?Wait just a second!? Anja screamed back at him. ?Just where do you think you?re going??

?Out?? Brodey suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

?Oh no you?re not! You?re staying right here, Brodaeus Narundi, until I?m done having this baby!? She demanded, looking like she?d been stung.

?What?? He blanched, his eyebrows shooting up toward the ceiling. ?You want me to stay here while you have that thing??

?That ?thing? is our daughter!? She shrieked, pounding a fist into the pile of covers on her bed as her cheeks flushed. ?And you?re going to be a good father and support me while I go through this ordeal! Or have you forgotten that it hasn?t been all fun and games for me and that you put me here??

?But, but you?ll bite my bleedin? head off!? Brodey protested, still shocked at the idea of being in the same room with a woman giving birth.

?Stupid,? Commented a voice from the doorway. ?That only applies to females from YOUR species. Human females actually prefer to have males in the room while they give birth, so they can yell at them and threaten to kill them. But don?t worry, they rarely ever follow through with those threats.?

?Really?? Brodey asked, still confused.

?Believe me, I?m pretty sure,? His grandfather answered dryly. ?I?ve done my research, unlike you.?

?All right,? Brodey agreed uncomfortably. ?I?ll stay.?

?Yay! You get to sit on one side and Kyp can sit on the other,? She said, directing him to a chair at the right side of her bed.

?Isn?t this going to be kinda, well, gutty?? He asked apprehensively. ?And isn?t Kyp good enough? Why do you need me here too??

?You are such a pansy!? She criticized, smacking him hard on the chest. ?So you can kill things on the battle field but you can?t stand a little slimy, naked infant? What a wimp! And I may have Kyp, but again, SHE?S YOUR CHILD!?

?And my mother gave birth to me all alone, when my father was light years away. Does that make me any less of his child?? He challenged angrily. ?Just because it?s a part of your culture doesn?t make it a comfortable thing for me to do!?

?Well, I?m SO sorry you don?t feel comfortable!? Anja jeered sarcastically, flailing her arms. ?Maybe if you didn?t get me pregnant then we could all be comfortable. But that didn?t happen, so you can just sit your behind in that chair and shut the sith up!?

?I am NOT sitting here while you consume the afterbirth!? Brodey yelled back, pulling a face. ?That?s simply wretched!?

His grandfather made a sound that was somewhere in between a snicker and clearing his throat.

?What do you want?? Brodey asked grouchily, his mood not compatible with joking around.

?Human mothers don?t consume their own afterbirth either,? His grandfather explained. ?That?s why they need a medic present. He takes care of it all.?

?Oh good,? Brodey said, exhaling in relief.

?So, how long do you think this?ll take?? Anja asked, once again shifting uncomfortably.

?What do I look like, the medic?? R?aa?nlan asked in his characteristic indignant tone. ?Wait until he comes back in here and then ask him!?

?Okay, I will. I?ll also ask him for some of that wonderful pain medication while I?m at it,? She said with a smile as she savored the idea. It was no secret that her pregnancy had been one hectic ordeal after another. Between her low blood oxygen levels and the constant back pain from the sheer size of an interspecies baby, she was definitely ready for things to end, preferably with the least amount of pain possible.

?No pain medications,? The medic commented as he returned from dropping a comm to the medical team. ?We don?t want you doped up when you?re trying to deliver. Not unless we have to take you in for emergency surgery.?

?If that happens then just knock me out,? Anja groaned, rubbing her back again.

?Oh, you can be certain that we will,? The medic said in a reassuring tone. ?I?ve go

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL, I think you all are going to like where this one is headed. . .the muse is taking me in unusual directions. ;)

Jae Angel

13. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    This is HYSTERICAl Jae.... it's been improving my mood immensely. More soon I hope!

Anna

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks Anna, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I'm glad you feel a little better after reading it. It's supposed to be a nice little pick-me-up kinda story.

Yes, it looks like there will be more later. :) Things are moving along nicely now.

Jae Angel

15. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Wahoo! Thanks for the good laugh NJ, i really needed it!

YEa, MORE COMING SOON!

Jez

16. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    *falls off chair onto ground in laughing fit*

So funny! Now how can I review the first part AND the second part? You're posting too damn fast, girl. (Not that I'm complaining about the posting rate) ;)

~Inyri

17. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    ohhh . . . this is good :D I loved that last post . . . hiliarious11 FIRST TIME mothers . . .

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey, thanks Jez, Inyri and MJ! :D I'm glad you find this to be so funny! Just wait until later. . . [face_mischief]

I'm only checking in for a second before I head off to a meeting (Yes, on a Friday, but at least it's in the pub ;) ) After that I may get a little time to post more, except that I did promise my boyfriend he'd get most of the attention tonight. My board addiction will have to come second. LOL! :p

Jae Angel

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great post need more soon

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey, thanks Falcon! :) I'm pretty drained from today, so unfortunately you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the next installment. That's assuming that my boyfriend doesn't occupy all my time for the second day in a row. ;) Not that I'd mind all that much! :p

Until then, goodnight! :)

Jae Angel

21. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Oh wow! Anja's having the baby! Great NJ! Quick, hurry it up will ya! I want to see some hand breaking... no wait, that's "Live To Die Another Day". *hint* *hint*

22. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Yup, you're right. I guess they mystery's all cleared up. ;)

OMGosh, the line about consuming the afterbirth was hilarious.

**watches Brodey try to disentangle foot from mouth** Hehehe......

poor bewildered guy ;)

23. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    lol @ Sache's comment :p

Great posts- as long as the interspecies baby doesn't look too freaky, I'll stick around for the humor :p

24. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    tjp- Hehehe, I'm glad you like it! I'll try and get to the end soon, but there's no telling now long it'll take. I have a few goals in mind. . .

Sache8- LOL! Yeah, the line about the afterbirth is a little over the top, eh? I figured I'd make Brodey's species like the Cathar but a little more on the human-looking side. They're just a little larger (average height is 1.85 meters). But along with these cat-like characteristics were the technicalities for birthing a litter. Needless to say, I've seen a cat birth before. . . ;)

Saber-of-Light- Don't worry, the kid isn't going to be deformed. It's going to look like a human. A really BIG human! With sharp, pointy teeth! :D

I've got breakfast with my sweetie right now, but I'll be back later to post more and hopefully write more! :)

Jae Angel

25. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    All right, here's the next little installment. I really hope to get more done tonight, but I can't guarantee anything. :)

?Speaking of good hands, can you maybe stand in for Kyp with that little massage?? She asked pleadingly, pointing to her lower back with a pouting lower lip.

?Fine,? He sighed as he climbed into bed with her and positioned himself so she was leaning back against his chest. Slowly, but carefully, he worked his thumbs into the sore muscles, decreasing the pressure as he felt her back spasm beneath his fingers. Her head lolled on his shoulder as she drifted off into a state of intense relaxation, something that was very unusual for her lately.

?It really looks like that?s helping her,? His grandfather commented, breaking the thick silence. Brodey met his eyes briefly, exchanging a look of agreement before returning to the gentle massaging. ?I can?t believe it. Only twenty years old and almost a father. You realize how much of an old man this makes me!?

?You always were an old man,? Brodey quipped, smiling wickedly. ?You?ll just be an old man who?s a great-grandfather now.?

Anja exhaled sharply all of a sudden, turning around to cling tightly to a startled Brodey. ?Here we go again!?

?Ummm, breathe more,? Brodey suggested, the panic inside beginning to build once again. ?At least I think that?s what you?re supposed to do.?

?Easy for you to say!? She snapped, burying her face into his shoulder to muffle a groan.

?Anja!? Jaina cried in delight as she entered the room but immediately went pale as she caught sight of her friend. ?Oh. Is she going to be all right??

?She?ll be fine,? Kyp answered with a shrug. ?She just needs to remember the breathing and focusing exercises we went over.?

?Oh yeah? Focus this, Durron!? Anja whimpered, still not ready to release her death grip on Brodey.

?I somehow get the feeling that she?s not ready to focus,? Jag observed with his serene smile.

?Whatever gave you that idea?? Brodey asked as he yawned openly. He hadn?t experienced a restful night?s sleep in over a week, and the dark bags beneath his eyes proved it.

?Oh gods,? Anja gasped, exhaling forcefully as the pain subsided. ?I don?t think I can take much more of this.?

?You?ve barely started!? Kyp challenged. ?Besides, holding your breath isn?t going to help you.?

?Perhaps you two can work this out better if Kyp and I switch places,? Brodey advised, prying Anja?s hands from around his neck. ?I?ll be back in a bit.?

?Where are YOU going?? Anja asked curtly, her lower lip trembling as she looked hurt enough to murder him where he stood.

?I just have some business right now,? Brodey assured her before slipping out the door. ?I?ll tend to it and then I?ll be back.?

?Let him go,? R?aa?nlan told the young woman. ?I trust that he?ll return, and I do know my grandson fairly well.?

?Let?s hope so,? Anja said, sniffling.

-------------------------------------

?Excuse me sir, but you can?t go back there,? The middle-aged receptionist called as Brodey tried to slip into the medical ward undetected. He knew he should have made himself invisible.

?I?m with the military, and I need to speak with one of your physicians,? He replied urgently.

?Yeah, you and everybody else on this naval base,? She answered with a snort. ?Wait in line, and when your turn comes up I?ll take care of you.?

?Fat chance,? Brodey muttered under his breath as he left the room, only to return a moment later when he was completely invisible. The next fun task would be finding Sir'tesé in this mess.

He moved quickly through the winding corridors, poking his head into every room and looking through every window. After fifteen minutes he hadn?t caught sight of her and every room had been checked thoroughly. All except one.

?Employees only,? Brodey confirmed in the slightest whisper. ?Worth a shot, I guess.?

The first thing he noticed about the room was that it was dark. He figured that this h

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.