main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You're All I've Been Hoping For ~ (NJO: Kyp/Anja, etc.) MOVED and UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by NarundiJedi, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Skyfang- You're not the first person I've heard who's said that. . .and ten years later had kids! ;)

rogue- LOL, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! :) Poor Brodey definitely has his hands full, doesn't he? ;)

~Attention!~

There will be another post on this tomorrow! And by tomorrow I mean later today, once I'm out of my first class and skipping the rest! :p

Jae Angel

2. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Here's the new post, just like I promised! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?One hundred credits on the baby coming in at three and a quarter kilos,? Jacen said smartly, laying his money down on the table.

?Jace, you?re really looking to lose money, aren?t you?? Kyp said snidely. ?Have you SEEN Anja lately? There?s no way that child is any less than six kilos.?

Jacen simply shrugged, ?It is possible that it could be mostly weight from other things. In Brodey?s species, the young make up only a small part of the total weight gain. It?s just that the females are a little taller than Anja, so it doesn?t look like that much.?

?You haven?t been around to see the kind of things Anja?s been eating to feed that kid,? Kyp retorted. ?Three hundred credits on six and a half kilos.?

?Count me in for a hundred and fifty on seven-point-six kilos,? Jag added, tossing his money into the pool.

?Ok, Fel. Who?s marking these down?? Kyp questioned as he searched for his datapad.

?I?ll take them down,? R?aa?nlan offered, a quirky smile crossing his face as he slapped his credits on the table. ?Five hundred says she?s six and three quarter kilos.?

?Care to comment on her length while you?re using the force to cheat?? Kyp remarked dryly as he threw a glare at the old man.

?I would never do such a thing!? R?aa?nlan insisted gravely. ?However, you have been known to lie to get what you want. Hmmm, I wonder who we should trust.?

?I?m going to pretend I didn?t just hear that,? Kyp said, stiffening as he gathered the credits into a neat pile at the table?s center.

?Whoa there,? A familiar voice interrupted. ?What?s this about a big crowd of men and credits in a hospital waiting room? Don?t tell me you boys are participating in some unorganized gambling.?

?Well, sir-?

?Uncle.?

?Yes, Uncle Wedge, um, we are doing a tiny bit of gambling,? Jag admitted, his face flushing a bit. ?But this is a very special occasion on which we?re gambling.?

?I see,? Wedge responded in a flat tone. ?So you think I should bend ship rules just this once for all of you. Is that so??

?Well, it would be nice,? Jag replied, shrugging slightly.

?I?ll allow it on one condition,? Wedge said hesitantly. ?Put me in for three hundred on six and a quarter.?

?Done,? Jag exclaimed, surprised at his uncle?s actions. ?It?s a pleasure doing business with you, Uncle.?

?Oh no, the pleasure is all mine,? Wedge answered, a faint smile crossing his lips as he turned to leave. ?Oh, and one more thing,? He added, calling back over his shoulder. ?Expect a few guests.?

?He wouldn?t,? Kyp said in disbelief.

?I think he just did,? Jag confirmed, shaking his head as he watched his uncle turn the corner to another corridor. ?We?re in for it.?

------------------------------------

?Why are you so nervous?? Anja asked, half-asleep and happy that she was finally drugged up enough to not feel her back. ?Relax.?

?Good to see you?re finally relaxed,? Brodey quipped. ?I thought you were going to tackle the guy who tried to give you your epidural.?

?I?m glad I didn?t,? She whispered, locking eyes with him. It was the only part of him left uncovered; the rest of him was obscured by a surgical gown, a face mask, and the silliest looking hat Anja had ever seen. ?This feels so incredibly good! I could just fall asleep right now.?

?Please, you want to make sure you?re awake when the baby arrives,? Brodey reminded as he touched her cheek playfully to get her attention. ?And the hat you?re wearing looks equally stupid.?

?We?re almost there,? Siri told them, then continued in a teasing tone. ?You sure you don?t want to see her come out??

?I?m pretty sure I can live without it,? Brodey groaned.

?Brodey! You go over there and see her come out! I want some holos!?

?All right, already,? Brodey sighed, relieved that this experience was almost over.

----------------------------------

?Hello gentlemen,? Called a cheery voice, and Jag?s suspicions were con

3. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hehehe! Nice to see you throwing Janson around in there, Narundi. But you didn't need to liven this story up any ;)

I have to laugh at the description of Anja being all mellow after the drugs. That's exactly what happened with my aunt when her first daughter was born, or so they tell me. There's a funny story to go along with that... when her second daughter was born it was in the middle of a snow storm. My aunt got to the hospital, and hadn't even taken off her coat and boots when she goes, "When do I get my epideral?" :p

This might be a nice place to mention that I got a new little cousin yesterday as well. Different aunt and uncle but same side of the family. :) She breaks the record for the smallest of all ten cousins. Four pounds, thirteen ounces. I got to hold her last night. She's so tiny, I can hold her entire head in my hand. And she has very Brodey-like hair. Dark blond and spiky. ;)

**happy sigh** :) [face_love] I love babies.

4. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Sache8- Ah yes, babies. :) Just yesterday I was getting teased by a certain someone about having baby fever. What can I say? I love em and can't wait until I have my own! ;) Congrats on your cousin! I've never had one that tiny, but I have had a few who were around ten pounds when they were born! :eek: Those were some big freakin' babies!

I hope I view it as an adventure when I have kids. I've noticed that those who do have a better time with parenting than those who view it as a chore. :)

And spiky hair for Brodey? Hmmmmm, maybe in some of his incarnations, but the most recent one usually involves that floppy-haired Disney movie look, except minus the ponytail. ;) Did you ever notice that about Disney guys? :p

Jae Angel

5. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    ?However, you have been known to lie to get what you want. Hmmm, I wonder who we should trust.?

ROTFLMAO! So true! Everyone has it out for Kyp!

?You go ahead and make it tricky for yourself, Janson,? Kyp remarked with a snicker. ?If you win I?m going to laugh myself to death.?

?Just as I planned,? Wes added fiendishly.

I'd like to see that, Kyp.

Yup, it's about time for Kettch. . .

We can only hope...

~Inyri

6. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *perks ears up*

Kettch??

Loved the betting scene...esp. about Brodey fainting away...yet the man can eat bloody meat. *sighs* Men are such wimps.

~Rogue

7. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Inyri- Hehe, that old man has it in for everyone! It's part of his character, and always has been. He's the guy who will let you know if you're an idiot. :p

And I'm with Kyp too. It would certainly be funny if Janson won. ;)

rogue- I definitely enjoy watching big tough men be wimps about feminine hygiene products. I guess that was my first exposure to those kind of men. ;)

New post is due out on Sn'aala Hole pretty soon. I finally have some time to sit down and write it, so it's all good! :)

Jae Angel

8. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved the guys betting on the baby! :p

Awesome post!

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Glad you're enjoying the gambling, Saber-of-Light! There will definitely be more betting fun in the future of this story! ;)

Jae Angel

PS- Next post for Sn'aala Hole is nearing the point where I send it to the beta. Hopefully he'll be on tonight so I can get it up before I go to bed. ;)

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] betting on how much the baby is going to weigh now there is something that you don't usually see in a waiting room. [face_laugh] need more

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    NJ, I had a coach once like that. If you sucked, she let you know. :)

What is it with men? They act all macho, but as soon as they get a runny nose, they act like they're on their death beds. Or they'll hear a woman mention her period and get grossed out.

~Inyri

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    JediFalcon- Actually, I've heard many times that men will bet on the baby's sex and time of arrival. Both of those were pretty much determined already in this story, so I went for betting on the weight. ;)

Inyri- I never had a coach like gramps, but sometimes I wish I did, just for kicks. I knew of a coach like him for another xc team. He used to follow his runners around with a golf cart and megaphone and yell "RUN FASTER!"

Now my xc coach is just kinda passive-aggressive, and I can't stand that. It's one of the reasons why I only run one season a year.

And my father is exactly like the man you described, with the runny nose and period stuff and all. I'm lucky that my boyfriend isn't the same way. It's weird, because my father had sisters, and my boyfriend doesn't.

Don't know when I'll be able to update this again. I'm shooting for tonight but I can never tell. I'm going to my boyfriend's house for a little going away party for his dad. He's been unemployed for a while and he finally goes back to work in Virginia on Monday! :) There will be much filet mignon and Trading Spaces watching! ;)

Jae Angel

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Have fun, NJ!

I've never met a man who didn't get all overdramatic about being sick. *sighs* And they're supposed to be the tough guys.

~Inyri

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    In my experience, the toughest guys whine when they're sick and love kitty cats. Unless they're allergic, in which case they get to whine about the cats! ;)

I updated Sn'aala Hole, by the way! FINALLY! ;)

Jae Angel

15. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    how dare someone tease our NJ about baby fever. Oh and I got 400 credits on 6 5/8 kilos.

OWLC

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Very cute, OWLC! :p There will definitely be more gambling in the next post, along with *gasp* THE NEW BABY!! :eek:

Stay tuned! ;)

Jae Angel

17. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I still say poor Brodey.

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes, this story might give you the lasting feeling of "poor Brodey". But it's not really about him! [face_devil] Muhahahahaa!! :p

So yeah, expect more on this here sucka today! ;) If I can ever stop reading fanfic, that is! :p

Jae Angel

19. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm almost done with the next post on this. :) Expect more within the hour, or maybe the next few minutes! ;)

Jae Angel

20. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    YAY!!! :D

Oh, btw, new post on my thread- the link is in my bio! :D

21. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Here ya go! I hope you crack up as much reading this as I did writing it. [face_mischief]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?What a sorry bunch this is!? Jaina exclaimed in a mocking tone as she slid into the room. ?Do any of you losers know how long it?ll be??

?Sir'tesé told us about a half hour, and it?s already been about twenty five minutes,? R?aa?nlan responded gruffly as he glared at Kyp for staring too long at the money in his hand. ?One more cockeyed glance and I?ll claw your eyes out, boy.?

?What is it with you people and violence?? Wes challenged, looking overly exasperated as R?aa?nlan?s glare was redirected to him. ?I know something that can cheer everyone up!?

?Don?t do it,? Jag thought to himself as he watched the events unfold in slow motion. He recounted the look of horror on Jaina?s face as the stream of red ooze erupted from the toy gun in Wes Janson?s hand. One corner of his mouth curled with amusement as the unholy mess splattered over the front of a dark flight suit. The next moments were a blur of confusion as real time returned. He?d never seen Kyp look so much like a rampaging rancor.

?You! You are so dead for that!? Kyp howled furiously, lunging across the small table toward where Janson used to be. The Wraith Squadron funny man was well on his way out the door at that point, and Kyp gave rapid chase.

?Well now. That silly-looking man was right,? R?aa?nlan said with a hint of a smile. ?It did cheer me up!?

?You being a fan of slapstick comedy? Who would have EVER guessed?? Jaina pointed out with a grin. It seemed like only yesterday that the old man had sent his precious Vong arm to a taxidermist so he could mount it on the wall in his living room. Brodey?s folk sure were strange.

?Eh, maybe just a little,? R?aa?nlan responded, looking to the ceiling as he tried his best to sound innocent.

?So,? Jaina whispered as she sided up to Jag, standing on tiptoe to give him a swift peck on the cheek. ?Want to see if we can?t sneak up and take a peek inside the delivery room??

?I?d like that,? Jag answered back as he gazed appreciatively down at her, a wistful smile on his face.

?Lead the way,? She offered, gesturing toward the wide sliding door that separated the waiting room from the rest of the ward. He took her hand as they quickly pulled away from the group, leaving the others to remain in their seats and bicker.

---------------------------------------

?I?ve ruptured the amniotic sac. Now is the time for holos, if you want any,? Siri informed her cousin as she held her hand out for another set of forceps.

?Go now, Brodey!? Anja slurred in her half-asleep state. ?See if you can?t record it as a holomovie, while you?re at it.?

?I don?t think I know how,? Brodey informed her as he rose out of his chair with the Holocomm Deluxe Kyp had given him. ?You?ll have to settle for plain old holos.?

?Hurry up, Narundi,? His cousin scolded. ?You?re missing a great opportunity to take a holo of me untangling the cord from around her neck. That?s why her heart rate was dropping so rapidly with the contractions.?

?Thank you for the lesson in obstetrics Sir'tesé,? Brodey grumbled as he snapped holo after holo. ?Gods, this is quite possibly the grossest thing I?ve ever encountered. Well, second grossest.?

?I?m with you there,? Siri agreed as she gave a gentle tug on the baby?s shoulders, being sure to support her head. ?I still don?t know why he wanted to put it on his wall.?

?He?s just a crazy old man,? Brodey commented, trying to keep the Holocomm steady in his shaking hands as he felt his anticipation increase. ?Is she almost out??

?Just a second,? Siri said hesitantly, giving one last pull before the slick infant emerged out into the world. Brodey?s breath caught in his throat as he stared in awe at his slimy, purplish-blue child, but he dutifully continued snapping holos.

----------------------------------------

?She?s out!? Jaina cheered as she delivered a fier

22. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    ?You being a fan of slapstick comedy? Who would have EVER guessed?? Jaina pointed out with a grin. It seemed like only yesterday that the old man had sent his precious Vong arm to a taxidermist so he could mount it on the wall in his living room. Brodey?s folk sure were strange.

?Eh, maybe just a little,? R?aa?nlan responded, looking to the ceiling as he tried his best to sound innocent.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

That was too funny!!!!!! [face_laugh]

The Vong arm.... :p

And Janson and his bet and his toy gun....

Awesome post!!!!!!

23. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    ooh, I got first reply! :D

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    LOL ROTFLMAO

Janson is gonna win the pool!

*falls on floor laughing*

~Inyri