You're All I've Been Hoping For ~ (NJO: Kyp/Anja, etc.) MOVED and UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by NarundiJedi, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok ok. No more teasing for the next 3 hours. You can just feel for me instead as we discuss the ever downward spiral of healthcare.

OWLC
  2. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    *Anna stands there in the tribal gear* OK.... fine.... I'm really one to talk considering it's been a while since I've posted myself. But one more boogie! *Anna boogies. The tutu falls off her head*

Yeah.... health care.... Yay for Canada! except that it too is spiralling downward....

Anna
  3. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, so now the health care discussion comes in here? :p

Jae Angel
  4. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Next post is almost done! Be ready for a little surprise with this one. . . ;)

Jae Angel
  5. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Here it is, and it's a fairly good length too! :) Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?That doesn?t make any sense,? Kyp said, his brow knitting as he paced back and forth at the foot of Brodey?s hospital bed. The young man followed him with weary eyes as he wondered what the older man was saying.

?Why doesn?t it make sense?? Brodey asked, his voice pained as he thought again of his daughter?s unusual condition. ?She came out and I couldn?t feel her at all! I thought that once they were born you were supposed to be able to sense them in the force.?

?Yes, that?s true. But I felt her in the force before she was born, and still can,? Kyp mumbled, continuing his pacing as he chewed thoughtfully on his lip. ?I was able to sense her from the morning after she was conceived.?

?Wait, you could sense her?? Brodey interrupted, leaning forward to study his friend carefully. ?Just like you can sense me sitting right here??

?Well, it?s not exactly the same,? Kyp conceded. ?She?s about as force sensitive as Jag, but I can still tell that she?s living.?

Brodey frowned. For the happiest day of his life, things certainly had taken a turn for the worse. He was supposed to have a healthy, force sensitive daughter whom he could raise and train to be a jedi. He was supposed to be able to hold her and feel the joys of fatherhood for the first time, but even that had been denied.

?Why am I the only person who can?t sense her?? He finally asked, flopping back down onto the pillow in frustration. ?It?s like I have some sort of block in place where she?s concerned. I thought it was just temporary because she wasn?t born yet, but now I?m not at all sure.?

?Maybe it still is temporary,? Kyp suggested, shrugging his shoulders. ?Perhaps if you figure out what?s wrong with your connection then you?ll be able to sense her.?

?So, essentially what you?re saying is that I need rewiring?? Brodey chuckled, his sense of humor returning.

?Could be. You might also have a child that you?ll never be able to sense through the force. It?s not as horrible as it sounds. Anja isn?t any better off than you in that department, yet I know you?ll both make excellent parents.?

?I guess you?re right,? Brodey acknowledged, smiling just a little. ?It?s still pretty strange.?

?It?s always going to be strange when you?re dealing with something totally new to you,? Kyp said as he pulled up a chair. ?I?m still trying to get used to the fact that the woman I love is now a mother. And that you?re a father. It seems pretty freaky-deaky to me. Oh, and I?m always right.?

?Get outta here, Durron,? Brodey laughed, scoffing at the idea that Kyp might ever be right about something. ?The day you become omnipotent is the day I chew off my own head.?

?That would be amusing to say the least.?

?How is she?? Brodey asked, the anxiety returning as Siri entered the room.

?Both mother and child are doing well,? Siri explained, looking at him with what Brodey had designated as the ?doctor face?. ?How are you doing??

?Better,? Brodey told her as he sighed with relief. ?Although this getting fed through a tube in my arm thing has much to be desired. Do you think maybe you can convince someone to bring up a nice, rare side of nerf??

?You can have all the bloody nerf you want once you?re cleared to go home,? She said carefully as she measured his vitals. ?We?re not here to feed you gourmet meals, you know. That tube is so we can bypass digestion and deliver energy and water to your deprived cells.?

?Yes, I know what it does, but when can it come out?? He hissed stubbornly.

?When you?re re-hydrated,? Siri growled back. ?And don?t be such a smart arse. There isn?t a patient out there that likes having needles and tubes stuck into them.?

?So, my daughter, she?s breathing fine?? Brodey asked, changing the subject. He desperately needed information about her condition, and wouldn?t quit until he got it.

?She?s breathing fine and on her own,? She informed him.
  6. rogue11lovesjag Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post!! I think I see foreshadowing...must not conjecture...want surprise...

Candy sounds good. :D

~Rogue
  7. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    LOL! Thanks rogue! :) I think you'll want to be surprised! ;)

Jae Angel
  8. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmm i wonder what kyp bought...

and i would love some candy but... must resist, i already turned down ice cream tonight. yeah i know i'm crazy.

Jez
  9. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hehe, I think that you both are probably on the right track with Kyp's 'investment.' ;)

Jae Angel
  10. JainaJag00 Jedi Master

star 4
    oh boy..... nice postie tho! the grandpa is really funny. :). and its kinda cute that kyp bet on the right weight....

-jj00
  11. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks JainaJag00! :) The grandfather is pretty much all the eccentricities about grandfathers that I can find, all rolled into one! ;) Although I must admit that my grandmother was the one who was more squeamish about my belly ring than my grandfather. He thought it was funny, and called me Britney Spears! [face_laugh] I guess that could be counted as eccentric. . . [face_mischief]

Jae Angel
  12. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    So what's Kyp's big investment? Tell me - tell me know! *Hack hack* I'm still sick... thus bored.... thus... tell me! Or just post. Take your pick. ;)

Anna
  13. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hehe, I'd like to post again, except I have this mental block about what to do next on Sn'aala Hole. And I promised that I'd really try and get a lot done on that before I went off on break. :p Lucky for me that my work for this week really has ended! I have lots of time to think about it. ;)

I love how everybody's afraid to say what they think Kyp bought! ;) I was expecting a whole lot of blurting out of ideas! :D

Jae Angel
  14. the_jedi_princess Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a rough idea, but I'm as chicken as the rest of them. Can't wait for the next post NJ, cause I couldn't stop laughing with that one. Typical Wes pegging Brodey for fainting. And it's interesting to see Kyp actually betting on something.
  15. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Really? I always saw Kyp as someone who was willing to take risks. ;) In fact, he's taking a lot of risks right here. . .

Hehe, it's good to see you on at a "normal" hour for me! I'm liking this uni thing. ;) Is it right before your first class there?

Jae Angel
  16. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Up, because I said so! :p

Jae Angel
  17. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    LOL, NJ! Kyp had so many good lines. I'd list them, but it would take up too much room.

I love the way you write Kyp. Too bad he's such a jerk in the NJO. Ur Kyp's much cooler. ;)

~Inyri
  18. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hehe, thanks Inyri! :) Yeah, I wish Kyp hadn't started out as such a bad guy in the NJO. I also wish that Jaina would have skipped a little of the PMS and found a better acronym, like YJK. ;)

I did like the little we saw of Kyp in Remnant. Seeing the banter between him and Jaina shows what kind of friends they are. Man, I wish they didn't downplay friendship in the series either. :(

Jae Angel
  19. Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmmmmmmmm what ever could have caused that dept. I know he bought a new lawn mower. :D

OWLC
  20. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    Man, I wish they didn't downplay friendship in the series either.

Hmmm, I never really thought of it, but you're right. There is a lot of backstabbing friends in the NJO. Quite the contrast from ANH, when Han comes back in the end to save Luke. (I still cheer everytime I see that scene).

~Inyri
  21. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes OWLC, Kyp has a LAWN to mow, right outside his x-wing! :p [face_rolleyes]

See, we really NEED that rolling eyes smiley for moments like this! :D

And it's not just the backstabbing friends that bugs me. It's the whole lack of pages and time to really develop more relationships than just those relating to family and people who are in love. I just get this feeling like a character like Kyp or Tenel Ka would only be worth featuring if they were going to throw a wrench into the plans of Jaina/Jag or Jacen/Danni. I'd love to see how Jacen and Tenel Ka would get along as just friends, but they don't find this valuable. :confused: Silly NJO. I want Tales stories, because they normally have a narrower focus! :p

Jae Angel

ED: I almost forgot - I'M ON SPRING BREAK!! :D WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  22. the_jedi_princess Jedi Master

star 4
    Uni is good. Uni is a lot of work. Uni is no time to write for my stories. Uni is getting on when everyone else is on. Uni has both good and bad points. Uni... well, Uni rules.
  23. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    great post NJ, hmm I wonder what Kyp bought need more soon
  24. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jedi should never dabble in economics :p I have a feeling Kyp stuffed up.
  25. Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Master

star 4
    Uppers...more soon please NJ?

-JSD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.