main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You're Beautiful (H/L AU songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LeiaAndHan, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAndHan

LeiaAndHan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    Title: You're Beatiful
    Author: LeiaAndHan
    Notes: COPL AU songfic

Hope you like it!

My life is brilliant.
    My love is pure.
    I saw an angel.
    Of that I'm sure.
    She smiled at me on the subway.
    She was with another man.
    But I won't lose no sleep on that,
    'Cause I've got a plan.

Han paused at the door. He couldn?t. It would hurt too much. Just seeing them together was going to be hard enough. But he?d promised Luke he?d be there. So he opened the door- and immediately shut it again. Leia and Isolder had been kissing. Like she used to kiss him. Luke didn?t know what it was like- to lose the only person you ever loved. Han took a deep breath. He?d known it was going to end this way, he?d just needed a reason. And this was the best reason so far. Hurriedly, he turned and ran towards the New Republic building on Coruscant. There was an Armoury there, and they could supply him with what he needed.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I'll never be with you.

He stepped into the Armoury. I love you. I know. If you know, then why don?t you show me? He walked along the wall, running his hand along various weapons. He knew most of them by sight- all were usual among smugglers. Bryar pistol. Perfect. It was a one-shot gun; fine for the job he wanted doing. He pressed his hand into the release pad, hoping his palm print hadn?t been deleted yet from the Alliance?s computer system. He was in luck. The pistol was released from the wall with a beep as the screen read: HANDPRINT IDENTIFIED. GENERAL HAN SOLO-BRYAR PISTOL. Han shook as he grabbed the pistol from the wall and slid it into his holster. He still had a promise to keep.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
    As we walked on by.
    She could see from my face that I was,
    Flying high,
    And I don't think that I'll see her again,
    But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

It was the end, thank gods. Han looked at Leia in her wedding dress and forced back tears. She should?ve worn that at our wedding. As people congratulated her, Leia caught Han?s eye. They held each other?s gaze for a moment before she turned away. Her eyes had been lit with happiness and joy, but somehow had been clouded with regret and sorrow. Han watched her back and, after taking a deep breath, went over to her. She deserved some last words.
    ?Leia??
    She turned and looked at him. ?Hey.?
    ?Hey. I, um?? he was lost for words.
    ?Thank you. For coming.?
    ?I had to be with you.? Han stifled his sobs. ?And, hey, it was worth it.?
    ?What?s with the pistol??
    So I can end this pain soon and quickly. So I can be with love again. He shrugged, gave a sideways grin. ?Just felt more normal.?
    Leia looked like she was going to say something, but didn?t. Instead she slipped her hand into his and kissed his cheek. ?I?m sorry.? She turned and ran off down the corridor, leaving Han to stare after her.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I'll never be with you.

Han ran outside. It was now raining, which was probably for the best- Han didn?t think he?d be able to do it if it was sunny. He walked to the graveyard. Four pre-dug graves were given pride of place. Han bent before them, ran a hand along the first stone.

CHEWBACCA THE WOOKIEE 200BBY-

The second was very much the same in size and shape, but the words were different.

LUKE SKYWALKER 19BBY-

He gulped as he read the next one. Leia would never die. He?d stop it. So there wasn?t really a need for a gravestone, was there?

LEIA SKYWALKER 19BBY-

Leia?d been asked if she?d wanted ?Organa? or ?Skywalker?; she?d replied with ?Skywalker? and looked at Han with a smile. He?d loved her then. Still love her! You still love her, Solo! The last one in the line read:

HAN SOLO 29BBY-

8ABY, Han added silently a

2. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Kind of a downer? KIND OF a downer?!?

:_|

Well-written- but man am I depressed now..

But nicely done. :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Agree with Lexi. :( !!!!

Whew!

All my COPL AUs have Leia dumping Isolder LOL [face_mischief]

[:D]

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow. That was depressing, but wonderfully done.

Also. Luke and Leia were born in 19 BBY, not 22.

But still, that was a powerful piece.

5. barrissoffeefan

barrissoffeefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2011
    Quite an interesting twist! I never considered Han and Leia apart..very neat. I love the song!

6. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Whoa, you sure know how to tell a sad story. That was simply depressing....

Anyway, you did good job!

7. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Very much a downer! But written very well and a great fit to the song.

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well done.

I would be interested in Leia's reaction.

9. AzuraBlaise

AzuraBlaise Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2011
    There are very few times when Star Wars affects me in a very emotional way, especially in a broken-heart kind of a way (The moment when Luke lets go of Leia's hand on the Ewok balcony in Ep. VI is one of them). But this is on the list. Beautifully written, and I don't think I'll be able to listen to this song in the same way ever again.

=D= Bravo. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.