main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You're Beautiful (J/Z, Post the Unifying Force Songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by skywalkerlover00, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    Title: You?re Beautiful
    Author(s): Skywalkerlover00
    Character(s): Zekk, Jaina
    Keywords(s): J/Z, slight J/J
    Timeframe: Post the Unifying Force, just before Jaina?s confrontation with Jagged Fel on Zonoma Sekot.
    Disclaimer: While I have written this story, I by no means own any of the characters, events, etc., as claiming to do so would be an insult to George Lucas, and the creative minds who have created Star Wars, and the novels accompanying it. While some characters are made up, the majority of them were created by George Lucas and the writers behind Star Wars fiction.
    Influence(s): James Blunt for singing this song, as it gave me some great material to work with. The 100th episode of Smallville for giving me the idea for this songfic, along with the declining Clark/Lana season 5 relationship.

My life is brilliant.

We were on Courascant, in the Underlevels where I had grown up. The war against the Yuuzhan Vong had just been won, but I still had to fix a few mistakes I?d made along the way.

?Zekk, why?d you ask me to meet you here?? Jaina asked quietly.

Gazing at her, I took her hand, and replied,? I wanted to spend the day with you.?

Jaina smiled, and responded,? I figured that, Zekk. What are we going to do??

I shrugged, and replied,? I was hoping we could talk about everything that?s happened between us.?

Jaina leaned against a wall, and answered,? All right, that sounds fine.?

I didn?t know what to say first. There was so much I wanted to say to her, that I?d wanted to say for so long, but hadn?t been able to find the time or the courage.

?I?m sorry, Jaina.? I blurted out.

Jaina looked away, but when she spoke I swore I could hear her tears in her words,? I am too.?

My life is brilliant.
    My love is pure.

?What do you have to be sorry for?? I said so softly she could barely hear me.

?For giving up on us, despite everything we?ve been through.? Jaina whispered in reply.

When I was silent, Jaina stood, and said sadly,? I?m sorry, Zekk, but I have to go.?

As she turned to leave, I pulled her back,? Please don?t go, Jaina. I love you.?

Tears spilling onto her cheeks, Jaina kissed my cheek softly, and replied,? I know you do, Zekk. I love you too, but I have to go meet Jag.?

Nodding, I said,? At least let me call you a hovertaxi, Jaina.?

I saw an angel.
    Of that I?m sure.

Closing her eyes to prevent the escape of any more tears, Jaina said softly,? Zekk, why do you always fight for me? Why don?t you ever let me go??

I shrugged, and answered truthfully,? Because you were the best thing that ever happened to me.?

?But after all I did to you, you still came back.? Jaina replied.

?You saved me, Jaina. When no one else could help me, you stayed to make sure I was going to make it through. You were the angel who ended my darkness.? I answered honestly.

Shaking her head, Jaina looked at me,? But when I fell to the dark on Hapes, you didn?t come back. You didn?t end my darkness. You ran away.?

She smiled at me on the subway.

As the hovertaxi pulled up, Jaina just kept looking at me for a moment, and then she continued,? Goodbye, Zekk.?

Getting into the hovertaxi, she looked at me one final time, and smiled. I knew she still loved me.

Smiling back, I said,? This isn?t goodbye, Jaina.?

I hadn?t thought she would be able to hear me, but as the hovertaxi pulled away, I could swear I saw her nodding at me. She knew I was right.

A few minutes later, I called another hovertaxi. When it arrived, I told the driver to take me to the spaceport. I had to stop her from seeing Jag. Before it was too late.

Arriving at the spaceport, I jumped on a ship to Zonoma Sekot, even though I knew Jaina?s X-wing would get there faster than the freighter I had jumped on. But I didn?t care. I didn?t have to get there first. I just had to get there in time.

Landing on Zonoma Sekot, I thanked the pilot profusely for the ride, and I ran out into the snow. Walking, I saw Jaina. I moved towards her, but then I realized she wasn?t alone.

She was wit

2. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    You should write Zekk more often. You're good at it.

More [:D] because I still can't believe you're back.

3. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    emeraldshadow: thanks for reading. im glad im back too. im also glad you liked this. i wrote it for you

4. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Dang, it's another sad one! :_|

But good, all the same! =D=

C @};- S

5. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Welcome back! It's good to see you. :)

Very very sad for Zekk. Poor guy. :(

KT

6. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    courtney solo: I'll write more happy ones for you

Killik_Twilight: KT!!!!! It's good to see you too! Yes I thought poor Zekk when I was rereading this. I think I was in an anti-Zekk mood when I wrote this. Either that or I was depressed.

7. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    :_| :_|

Beautifully tragic. Nice work...and nice characterization of Zekk, too.

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    While I like your characterization of Zekk, and this was an emotionally evocative piece, I hate seeing Jaina end up with anyone but him. But still, his realizations are very telling about just how far he has come from the down and out street kid that had a huge crush on Jaina.

Nice Vig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.