main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You're Dating Who? - Team Fic by Inyri, talkingbanana, and CarrKicksDoor - Complete - June 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Title: You're Dating Who?
    Setting: 33 ABY
    Notes: Fic in 3 parts. Inyri wrote part 1, Nanner wrote part 2, and Carr wrote part 3. (Thank you to Nanner for this brilliant idea)
    Disclaimer: We do not own Star Wars

?Dad! Syal?s hogging the refresher!? Myri Antilles stood at the top of the stairs.

Wedge sighed, looking around the Sabacc table set up in his living room. Every time?what was it with teenage girls? Why couldn?t they share the refresher? There was plenty of space at the mirror, they could easily both fit. He shared a refresher with Iella and they never had these problems. ?I told you we should have done this at Hobbie?s place.?

Hobbie rolled his eyes. ?I still haven?t found the floor. I have a feeling there?s a dianoga in there by now.? This was a good point. Hobbie still had young children who, for some reason, didn?t understand the concept of cleaning up their toys when they were done playing. After getting sick of arguing with them about it, he had informed them he was on strike. ?They?ll clean it up when it gets bad enough,? he?d explained. That had been a month ago. Obviously, it wasn?t ?bad enough? yet.

?You should name it Charlie,? Janson said, taking the handpot.

?Charlie?? Hobbie asked. ?Why would you name a dianoga ?Charlie???

?I don?t know. It seems like a good name for a dianoga.? Janson added a few cred chips to the pot and passed it to Tycho.

?Hobbie, after all these years, why do you even ask?? Tycho handed the pot to Wedge. ?I?m out.? He tossed his cards in the center of the table, face up, showing a total of ten points, light suit.

?Daaaa-aaaaaad!? Myri called again. For added affect, she stamped her foot on the floor to show her irritation with her sister.

?Iella!? Wedge yelled, not getting out of his seat. He was sick of mediating disputes over the refresher, who got to sit where in the speeder, who got to use the entertainment system?when he was their age, he didn?t even have an entertainment system.

?Wedge, I?m trying to get some work done! Can?t you handle it!?? She called from the study. Typical. Pass off the kid problems on him. Just because he was retired and Iella still did some consulting for Intelligence didn?t mean she had less time than him.

?I?m playing Sabacc with my pilots!? He yelled back. Sabacc, obviously, was more important than Intelligence work.

?Uh, Wedge? We haven?t been your pilots for, what, nearly twenty years?? Hobbie pointed out.

?It hasn?t been twenty years. More like fourteen,? Janson countered.

?That?s almost twenty,? Hobbie said.

?Fourteen rounds to ten before it rounds to twenty,? Janson told him. Oh good Force, they were arguing like Myri and Syal?

?What difference does it make?? Tycho asked.

?It makes a lot of difference. Hobbie wants to make me older than I am,? Janson replied with a pout. Ah, Janson?s aging insecurity reared its ugly head once again. Two wars, the second more intense than the first, had finally taken their toll and he?d lost his boyish looks, a fact that did not sit well with him. Personally, Wedge didn?t see what the big deal was. Everyone got old. He was happy to have lived long enough to be old. Then again, his goals in life had never included being the object of desire for a number of women across the galaxy, either.

?You?re just jealous because I have my hair and you don?t,? Hobbie said, not looking up from his cards.

?Am not.?

?Are too.?

?Am not??

They might be worse than Myri and Syal? ?You know, I thought Wes would at least reach an emotional age of ten by now,? Wedge remarked.

?Instead, Hobbie?s emotional age seems to have dropped,? Tycho added. Thank the Force for Tycho. He was often the voice of sanity when everyone else had gone off the deep end. Some things, Wedge supposed, would never change.

?Syal! I have to meet Jysella at the mall and I can?t go looking like this!? Myri exclaimed, pounding on the refresher door.

?Go away,

2. Astronut

Astronut Jedi Master star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    [face_laugh] Overcoming fit of giggles enough to review straight...[face_laugh]

Oh good Force, they were arguing like Myri and Syal?
    The truth comes out... Wes and Hobbie are teenaged girls....

He didn?t think he wanted to know the answer. Catch, throw, catch, throw?
    Or is it the girls have just spent way too much time around Wes and Hobbie?

Maybe he wants to show Syal how to blow things up
    Riigggttt, Hobbie, just go on thinking that until your kids age.

The rapport between W/T/W/H is perfect! I love how they hand off the comments and they're each in character.

The three of you are so skilled in writting Rogue humor, so I can't wait for the next two parts!

3. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Oh . . . my side hurts from laughing too much.

Can I please get a PM update when the next part is up? Please?[face_praying] [face_praying]

4. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    [face_laugh] Must have more[face_laugh]

5. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    *sniggers* Somehow, I'm not surprised...

Astronut:

The truth comes out... Wes and Hobbie are teenaged girls....

That was a secret? Oops...

Elena

6. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was too funny!

Just like a 17 year old to disagree with her parents on who to date! :D

Poor Wedge. Having to deal with teenage girls AND Wes & Hobbie

7. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love this! I can't wait to see where it goes.

8. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] more [face_laugh]

gasp...please...

falls over...

-A [face_coffee]

9. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Oh, Sith.

I liked Doran, too!

Iella, use all that training to physically restrain the madman (AKA Wedge.)

10. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    This was funny and most enjoyable. I'd quote my favorite but I just can't find a single item that didn't bowl me over.

I don't usually stay in tuned with Rogue Squadron tales, but this one caught my eye and I'll have to check back. So if they're are PM's going out, can you add my name? I don't want to miss anything.

Great start. Looking forward to Wedge's 'chat' with Doran.

11. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Ah I absolutely love this piece! Over-protective Wedge is just plain fun. Nice to see Wes is still Wes, and Hobbie is still manic-depressive.

Wonderful!

12. jedi_ashes

jedi_ashes Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2006
    hahahahaha wow this is great. you know, the funniest thing is is that i could see that really happening. seriously, that made me turn red in the face laughing, except my father was asleep so it was silent laughter so i started like choking. look what you people have done!

[face_laugh]

ashes

@};-

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Astro, thanks. Glad you found it funny. I'm not sure who rubbed off on who more. Janson and Hobbie or Syal and Myri. Haha.

The rapport between W/T/W/H is perfect! I love how they hand off the comments and they're each in character.
    Thank you. I think writing Fab Four scenes is one of my favorite fic activities. :)

Thanks, Kissa. Will try to remember to PM you. :)

PrincessCambria, soon. :)

Elena, surprised? Thanks for reading.

SWpants, thank you.
    Poor Wedge. Having to deal with teenage girls AND Wes & Hobbie
    Poor Wedge, indeed!

Alhana Antilles, thank you. :) It's going to be fun and crazy.

Darth Intangible, more soon. :)

Myra,
    Oh, Sith. I liked Doran, too!
    <whisper>Ship Syal/Doran with us...</whisper>
    Thanks for reading. :)

Lola64, thank you.
    I don't usually stay in tuned with Rogue Squadron tales, but this one caught my eye and I'll have to check back. So if they're are PM's going out, can you add my name? I don't want to miss anything.
    Glad you found a pilotfic you liked. I'll try to remember to PM you.

Lane, thanks.
    Nice to see Wes is still Wes, and Hobbie is still manic-depressive.
    LMAO. I suppose there are some things that never change, no matter how old you get. ;)

Ashes, thank you. I'm so glad you think it's realistic.

Thank you, everyone! We'll put the next post up in the next few days.

~Inyri

14. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    <whisper>Ship Syal/Doran with us...</whisper>
    It's nice to know that you're not trying to corrupt me or anything. :p

But maybe I will. Maybe. Or maybe still Valin/Syal.

15. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    That was great!

?I?m playing Sabacc with my pilots!? He yelled back. Sabacc, obviously, was more important than Intelligence work.

?Uh, Wedge? We haven?t been your pilots for, what, nearly twenty years?? Hobbie pointed out.

Loved that comment.

16. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    oh kriff! how great is this fic! Omg i LOVE it haha. i cant wait to see where else this goes

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Myra, you can always ship both. ;)

Princess of Naboo, thanks! Yeah, I think Wedge will always see them as "his pilots," even when they're all grown up.

Thanks, Burnt-the-Macaroni! So happy you're enjoying it that much!

~Inyri

18. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Oh wow, what a response. This is awesome! :D

Without further adieu, here's part two. (Yay rhymes!) It's, well, the other side of part one. Enjoy!

"Honey, I'm going out. You're on your own for dinner."

Kell looked up from the holovid, a bad action flick with some good pyrotechnics, at the mention of dinner. "Dinner? What are we having?"

His wife glared at him; she was dressed up, wearing one of those black dresses she usually wore when going somewhere fancy. "I'm not making dinner tonight. I am going out," she said slowly. "You are on your own."

"Oh." Kell frowned. "Where are you going?"

"Girls' night out. Dinner and shopping with Shalla and a couple of the Rogues."

That sounded like trouble, but he decided it wasn't worth worrying about; there was nothing he could say or do to limit the damage. "If you run into Doran, tell him I want my speeder back before midnight."

It was Tyria's turn to frown. "Why would we run into Doran?"

Kell pulled himself up off the couch. "Last time you had a 'girls' night out,' that's what you did. Trail Doran and his date." He held up a hand. "Shalla's idea, I know. Just don't let him catch you this time."

"I was not trailing my son, Kell." She hit him in the shoulder, but he just caught her arm and pulled her into an embrace. "It's not my fault he brought his date to my favorite restaurant."

The wall comm unit beeped just as Kell was leaning in to kiss her. He cursed. "He better not have crashed my speeder."

"Maybe he got some girl's parents mad at him again and the father's calling to threaten us. Or maybe he forgot to put money in his account and needs us to transfer some in to pay the bill." Tyria smirked. "Or maybe he got another speeding ticket, because you're letting him drive your fast mid-life crisis purchase."

"Call from: Wedge and Iella Antilles," the automated caller identification system's mechanical voice announced.

"I am not having a mid-life crisis," Kell scowled. He turned to answer the call. "Should I be worried about the former head of NRI calling while our son's out on a date, or is this just Wedge and Iella checking up on some friends?"

Tyria paled. "Don't they have two daughters?"

"Yeah, but - you don't think . . .." Sithspit. "I thought they were both too young for Doran."

"I think the oldest is only three or four years younger than him."

They let the comm beep for a minute. "Did he say anything about who he was dating?" Kell asked.

Tyria shook her head. "He's been more secretive about his girlfriends than normal lately. We better answer this."

"No, I'll get it. You go ahead and enjoy your girls' night out; I'll handle whatever mess Doran has gotten himself into this time. Say hi to everyone for me." Kell waited until Tyria nodded and walked out the door to take the call. "Hi, Iella. What can Dinner Squadron do for you today?"

"Can it, Tainer." Iella appeared annoyed, although that was probably an understatement. "Your son just showed up at our door. To take Syal out to dinner."

"Oh." Kell couldn't think of anything else to say. "Um, now that he's out on his own, he doesn't update us much on who he's dating."

Iella leaned a little closer to the comm, her expression shifting from annoyance to resignation. "Kell, I don't have a problem with your son dating my daughter. I think he'd be good for Syal, and I know he's smart enough to, well, not do anything stupid." She paused. "But Wedge is mad."

He wasn't quite sure what to say to that, either. Why couldn't Doran just have gotten another speeding ticket instead of dating his old boss's daughter? And if he had a daughter, he'd sure as hell want her dating his friend's son instead of some strange man she met in a bar.

Well, maybe it was the whole Jedi explosives expert thing again. That might make Wedge nervous. "Because it's Doran or because his baby girl's growing up, dating an older man?"

Iella laughed. "Because his baby girl's growing up, of course. The idea of her having any sort of relationship terrifies him

19. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    "Hi, Iella. What can Dinner Squadron do for you today?"

Why couldn't Doran just have gotten another speeding ticket instead of dating his old boss's daughter?

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to warn you that Wedge is going to have a little chat with Doran before they go out. Um, backed up by Hobbie and Tycho cleaning their blasters."

My three favorite lines :D

Oh, this is so hilarious!!!!

20. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    If Janson thought Syal looked attractive, she wasnâ??t leaving the house in that outfit. [face_laugh]

â??Does this mean Sabacc is over?â?? Hobbie asked.

Janson grinned, â??Thatâ??s a safe bet.â??

Tycho shook his head, â??Wes, that was so bad, it hurt.â??
    Hee, I liked the bad pun. :D

I like how Kell still answers the phone as Dinner Squadron. And Jedi explosives expert is a rather scary thought!

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to warn you that Wedge is going to have a little chat with Doran before they go out. Um, backed up by Hobbie and Tycho cleaning their blasters." Poor Doran.... [face_laugh]

This story is hilarious, can you PM me when you update? Thanks!

21. Astronut

Astronut Jedi Master star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    [face_laugh] Excellent part Nanner!

a bad action flick with some good pyrotechnics
    Yep, that's our Kell.

It's not my fault he brought his date to my favorite restaurant
    Hehe. Wraith missions to spy on Doran. Go Shalla and Tyria!

Should I be worried about the former head of NRI calling while our son's out on a date
    Be worried. Be very worried.

maybe it was the whole Jedi explosives expert thing again
    :D That could do it. Or maybe it's just the fact he's young and male.

The idea of her having any sort of relationship terrifies him, probably more than the Death Stars did.

Got it in one!

backed up by Hobbie and Tycho cleaning their blasters.
    Yes! Go Hobbie and Tycho! Way to back up your boss! I suppose Wes is just sitting by, laughing his head off.

Doran had dealt with that one before
    Our sweet innocent little Doran begins to sound less innocent. Has he been hanging around Wes?

Doran, if you hurt Wedge's little girl, I'll kill you myself
    Only if Wedge doesn't find him first.

Excellent part! Very amusing. I like that you did Kell's perspective on things. I feel a little more sorry for Doran, but not much. I'm glad Iella isn't over-reacting. Wedge, Tycho, and Hobbie are over reacting enough for an entire squadron, I like that she's not totally opposed. I also like that Kell remains total nonchilant during the coversation, but before and after he's worried.

Can't wait for CarrKicksDoor's final bit of torture!

22. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Wow!=D=

I've just found this and .... I couldn't stop laughing![face_laugh]
    You've both portrayed all the characters perfectly (personally I loved Wes' and Hobbie's lines most, but the rest was great too=D=)

There are too many funny lines too quote, but I quess that one is my favourite:

“Maybe he wants to show Syal how to blow things up,” Hobbie suggested.

-I can just imagine Hobbie saying this with a dead-serious expression on his face![face_laugh]

And one more thing: Should I already start to feel sorry for Doran?

Keep up with the good work![face_peace]

23. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    ohmigod.. haha.. i cannot stop laughing!!!!!! This is so great. Cant wait for the next part!

24. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Again, too funny. =D=

Every parent's worst nightmare...dating:*

Looking forward to more laughs
    [face_laugh]

25. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    "Okay. Well, I just wanted to warn you that Wedge is going to have a little chat with Doran before they go out. Um, backed up by Hobbie and Tycho cleaning their blasters."

[face_laugh] I really enjoyed that line. Of course they're cleaning their blasters. I wouldn't expect anyhting less from them, and we know taht Wes is getting a kick out of all of this. I can't wait to read some more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.