main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You're Dating Who? - Team Fic by Inyri, talkingbanana, and CarrKicksDoor - Complete - June 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    ?I remember when I used to take women out for dinner?? Janson started.

?That?s funny, I don?t.? Hobbie said. ?I remember you asking, and then them slapping??

[face_laugh] Part One?s inter-pilot dynamics were absolutely brilliant.

?Boys my age are immature, Uncle Wes,? Syal told him.

?Boys his age are, too,? Tycho remarked, indicating Janson with his head.

Wes is such a great punching bag. :D

Kell looked up from the holovid, a bad action flick with some good pyrotechnics, at the mention of dinner.

Just like Kell to watch something for the ?splosions. :p

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to warn you that Wedge is going to have a little chat with Doran before they go out. Um, backed up by Hobbie and Tycho cleaning their blasters."

Kell laughed. Doran had dealt with that one before.

That and the fact that ?the Jedi demolitions expert thing again? makes me think Doran has a very strange love life. Of course, we wouldn?t settle for anything less. ;)

This is great stuff, girls!

2. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Boom.

*dies* Oh, Nanner, that was too funny! I love love love love loved it!

3. The_Face

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey team, is it too early to bother you about Part Three? [face_whistling]

4. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    [face_laugh]

just too funny

please pm me when the next part is up

5. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Here's part three. It was written by CarrKicksDoor. I'm just posting it. ;)

There were benefits to dating Jedi. At the moment, Syal Antilles couldn?t decide what they were, and positioned herself firmly between Doran and the former Rogues. For one thing, she?d seen that look on her father?s face before?usually directed at her Uncle Wes. While that wasn?t scary, she?d never seen that look on her Uncle Tycho and Uncle Hobbie?s faces before. And that was scary.

The other thing was, Doran didn?t seem to be nearly as scared as he should be, and Syal was more than slightly afraid something might accidentally happen to him. ?Okay, Dad, bye!?

?Wait!? Wedge said, and her feet stopped. She recognized that tone of voice, and so did her uncles, and they nearly snapped to attention. Screwing up her face, Syal winced. ?Dad??

?Doran Tainer,? Wedge said, his voice suddenly at the ?Spewing Blaster Bolts? tone. ?What are your intentions towards my daughter??

?Okay, Daddy, we?re leaving,? Syal said, bodily turning Doran around and pushing him out the door before he could open his mouth and say something that would get him shot. ?We?ll be home before midnight, I promise. Ihavemycomlinkwithmeincaseofanemergecnyokaybye!?

The door shut behind them. ?Go!? she said, pushing Doran down the hallway. ?They?ll be after us!?

Finally seeming to gather a clue, Doran?s eyes widened. ?Right.? He grabbed her hand and pulled her into the turbolift. They waited breathlessly for the turbolift to hit ground level before he pulled her out, and Syal found herself dragged into the nicest speeder she?d seen since her Uncle Wes had?it was nicer than the last one her Uncle Wes brought by. ?Get in!?

Still looking over her shoulder for father and uncles on the rampage, Syal did. Doran started the engine and the speeder took off with a start, pushing Syal back into seat. ?Well,? Syal said. ?I don?t think I?ve ever been swept off my feet quite like that before.?

Doran grinned and gunned the speeder. ?You?ve never dated a Jedi before.?

By the time they got to the restaurant, Syal had come to the conclusion that the care she?d taken with her hair had been to no avail, thanks to the speed Doran had taken. He hopped out of the speeder and opened her door before she could get herself settled. ?What did you think??

Her mother?s wicked streak suddenly rose up. ?Not quite an X-wing, but nice.?

?X-wings are merit based in the Jedi Order,? Doran said easily.

?Listen,? Syal said. ?I?m sorry about my dad and my uncles. They?re just a little over-protective. I don?t know what?s wrong with them.?

Doran shrugged. ?They still see you as a little girl. They want to protect you, and keep thinking of you as a little girl.?

Syal raised an eyebrow. ?That?s very insightful.?

?Not really,? Doran said. ?Mirax explained it to me after Corran threatened me when I took Jysella to the airshow.?

?So this is a regular occurrence, getting threatened by girl?s fathers?? Syal said as the head waiter showed them to their tables.

Doran appeared to consider. ?Yeah, pretty much. It seems to be worse with people who know my dad, though. I think it?s where he was in demolitions during the war. I mean, I?m not going to blow anybody up.? He seemed to think for a minute. ?I haven?t even blown much stuff up.?

Syal hid behind her menu to keep from smiling. ?This is a nice place, Doran. Everything is so fancy, and everyone is dressed up so nice. Especially those ladies coming in.?

Doran?s head had snapped around before Syal finished her sentence. ?Oh, no.?

?What?? Syal said. ?My dad?s not out there, is he??

?No,? Doran said, his tone suddenly completely distressed. ?It?s worse.?

?Worse?? Syal said. ?How can it get worse than my father??

Doran turned back to her, and his face was longer than her Uncle Hobbie?s. ?My mother.?

Syal blinked for a moment. ?Ithorian takeout??

Doran nodded. ?Ithorian takeout. And if we run into anyone else we know??

??we give up and eat in the speeder,? Syal finished his sentence. ?

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    ?Wait!? Wedge said, and her feet stopped. She recognized that tone of voice, and so did her uncles, and they nearly snapped to attention.

Ha!

?X-wings are merit based in the Jedi Order,? Doran said easily.

Ha!

Great job, Car!

7. Astronut

Astronut Jedi Master star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    For one thing, she?d seen that look on her father?s face before?usually directed at her Uncle Wes. While that wasn?t scary, she?d never seen that look on her Uncle Tycho and Uncle Hobbie?s faces before. And that was scary.
    [face_laugh]

It seems to be worse with people who know my dad, though. I think it?s where he was in demolitions during the war. I mean, I?m not going to blow anybody up.? He seemed to think for a minute. ?I haven?t even blown much stuff up.?
    [face_laugh] Someone really has to tell him what the Wraiths got up to during the war. Then he might understand why the Kell genes strike so much fear into the hearts of fathers.

?Worse?? Syal said. ?How can it get worse than my father??

Doran turned back to her, and his face was longer than her Uncle Hobbie?s. ?My mother.?

*Snicker* No, I still think Wedge is worse. Oh dear, they just can't get a moment together, can they!

=D= [face_laugh] =D= Absolutly hilarious story you three! Well done all of you!

8. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    I just loved it. Great banter=D= I'm still laughing[face_laugh]

9. RedBirdie

RedBirdie Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    oh my god, how did a miss this?! My sides hurt from laughing so hard!

10. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    There needs to be a part 4 -- where Wedge catches up and all hell breaks loose.:p

Excellent job! i was laughing the whole way through.[face_laugh]

11. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Very nice CarrKicksDoor and I agree with Kissa. There absolutely needs to be a part 4 where Wedge can finally give the speech he has been working his way towards.

12. The_Face

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey it?s up!

?Much.? :D

Nice finish, Carr. This was a fun little fic, if not the kind of story I usually read. Great job, team!

13. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    "Doran Tainer," Wedge said, his voice suddenly at the 'Spewing Blaster Bolts' tone. "What are your intentions towards my daughter?"

I wouldn't expect anything less of Wedge.

[face_laugh] Great post. It was all very funny. I especially liked how Syal was unnerved by the looks on Tycho and Hobbie's faces. Well done. =D=

14. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    princess, Thank you, thank you. :)

Astronut, Oh, you never know what Tyria might do to the hussy dating her little boy. I'll just say that my mom is way worse about my brother's girlfriend than my dad has EVER been about one of my boyfriends.

Cambria, we live to crack others up.

RedBirdie, we also live to cause cramps and possible acute appendicitis in others.

Kissa, I bet Iella is keeping Wedge from doing anything too silly, like attempting to get permission from the Jedi order to kill Doran.

padawan3, That speech might be pretty funny, but I bet he ends up reciting it to Iella...who just looks amused.

Face, Thank you, thank you!

alhana, hey, I get more freaked out when my aunt and uncle yell at me than when my parents do...I mean, I'm supposed to be the apple of their eye, right?

15. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    lol that was great - i had a crazy smirk on my face the whole time I was reading that!!!

TnTornado

16. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    *gasps* *falls over laughing*

Too funny. Now my roommates think I'm totaly nutters, cause I was laughing out loud, but it still was darn funny.

*loves overprotective pilots*

Fia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.