main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You're Doing it Again - Han, Leia, Luke - vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: You?re Doing it Again
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Han, Leia, Luke
    Genre: Slightly AU-ish in timing.

You?re Doing it Again

?You?re doing it again.? Her voice was flat and annoyed. It was a tone that Han had gotten used to over the months. He had heard it a lot. And almost always directed at him.

Han looked at her in surprise. ?Doing what??

She heaved an exasperated sigh. ?You know,? she accused, glaring at him.

Puzzled, Han could only shake his head. ?Uh?no?sorry?I don?t.?

Leia blew a breath out, making her hair fly up from her eyes and she brushed it away impatiently. Han was left with the distinct feeling that she would have rather brushed him away and tried to stifle his hurt feelings.

He almost succeeded.

?Well, if you?re going to play dumb then I guess there?s nothing left to say,? Leia huffed and got to her feet and stomped out of the room. She was moving with a little less grace than usual, being six months pregnant with twins.

Han watched her go in bewilderment. Just then his comm signaled and he turned to it gratefully, relieved not to have to make the decision whether or not he should go after her. All he knew was that the way things were going, he would make the wrong choice.

Guaranteed.

?Hey, Han!? Luke?s smile faded a bit when he saw Han?s expression. ?What?s up? Is Leia all right? The babies??

?Oh, they?re fine,? Han assured him quickly. ?Leia?s doing just great, getting bigger every day.? He couldn?t completely repress the smirk when he said this and Luke laughed.

?She must not be in the room or you?d be more careful,? Luke guessed shrewdly.

?Are you kidding?? Han asked. ?I wouldn?t dare to speak if she was in the room.?

?That bad, huh?? Luke asked, obviously amused. Han thought his brother-in-law was taking a little too much joy in his predicament. He could only hope and pray that one day Luke would find himself in a similar situation, preferably six times over. That would be almost enough to make them even.

?She did say something earlier about having you over for dinner and then watching some birth holos in case you?re around when the twins decide to make an appearance,? Han told the lie with a completely straight face and watched with satisfaction as Luke blanched.

?She did not!? There was a hint of desperation in the kid?s voice that Han relished. ?That doesn?t even make any sense.?

?Let me tell you one thing I?ve learned, Luke,? Han said. ?It doesn?t have to make sense to anyone else if it makes sense to a pregnant woman.?

?But why?? Luke whined the question and Han had to hide his grin with his hand.

Han shrugged. ?Who knows? Pregnant women get these weird ideas, and the medics say to just go along with them as long as it doesn?t hurt anyone.?

?I?m safe then,? Luke declared. ?Because that would hurt?a lot.? He nodded his head emphatically.

?You?re not getting out of this one,? Han said firmly. ?Not happening.? He shook his head. ?If I have to put up with the insanity that is pregnancy then so do you.?

?But I?m not responsible,? Luke said smugly. ?So I have a get out of holos free card.?

?But you happen to be holding that pesky only brother card, which negates the holo card,? Han informed him, shaking his head. ?Too bad.? He was proud of himself. He almost sounded sympathetic. He was getting better at this stuff with practice.

And he had had lots and lots of practice lately.

Luke appeared so morose that Han felt pity stir inside of him. Not much, but a little bit. ?Come on, Luke, it won?t be so bad.? Another gigantic a lie, but this time his expression was not quite so sincere.

?You?re enjoying this,? Luke muttered. ?I know you are, don?t bother trying to deny it.?

?Would I do that?? Han asked, looking as innocent as he could manage. Which wasn?t much.

Luke rolled his eyes. ?Don?t bother to try and deny it,? he said. ?It?s all over you, the stench of smug satisfaction.?

?Being a little melodramatic, aren?t we??

?I?m a Jedi, we?

2. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Awwww, Han and Luke were hilarious! Cute viggie, Vadey!=D=

3. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    [face_laugh] Too funny!
    I loved it, I can definitely see a pregnant Leia being that irritated by the small things! But then, aren't pregnant women allowed to be unreasonable..? Lol.

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] - Poor Han! He might be better off to live on the Falcon for the next several months. ;)

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I don't think Leia would like that... no one to yell at!

This was so cute; I love how Han was teasing (or not) Luke.

Hmmm... I don't recall getting this crazy during pregnancy. Don't ask my husband though![face_laugh]

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] Me neither... Though I remember a couple of temper tantrums [face_blush]... Vaguely...:rolleyes:

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_love]
    I loved that!! Too funny and cute! Poor Han though.:p
    Thanks for such a wonderful, fun read! :D Perfection!! [:D]
    =D==D= =D= =D=

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL!! This reminds me of my poor husband... if he's snoring and I mention it he says "I'm sorry I have to breathe!"

I love your H/L and poor Luke. [face_laugh] Fun vig!!

9. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    That was very cute and funny....thanks. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Now that was too fun!!! :) :) :) Han's the one who should be grumpy... erm... he really is trying poor dear. :D [face_laugh] Enjoyed the ribbing he gave Luke too... very much in character. I do so enjoy "normal?" [face_laugh] family scenes.

11. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    LOL. Very cute.

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    ?Let me tell you one thing I?ve learned, Luke,? Han said. ?It doesn?t have to make sense to anyone else if it makes sense to a pregnant woman.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

And it's TRUE, stangit! ;)

Fun story! :D

13. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Then she looked at him and frowned. ?You?re doing it again.?

?What?? His hands stilled and she tapped one to remind him to keep moving.

?You?re breathing again, and don?t act like you don?t know it.?

Ahahahaha!! This story literally made me laugh and smile :D. My roomie/cousin was blowdrying her hair from across the room, and she gave me a funny look.. :p

:D This story is so cute, displaying all the unique characteristics of Han, Luke and Leia in every sense, despite it's short-ish length. Few authors can master that the way you have; well done! =D= =D= =D=

-Miks

14. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Funny one! I don't think I was that bad, but it was a long time ago. And I didn't have to endure twins. I bet Han has fun fetching her all kinds of weird food, too.

15. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    This was hilarious! I loved it!

The only thing I remember from my pregnancy is the tendency to get very emotional at Johnson's Baby commercials. And a craving for chinese food, LOL.

Great story!

:D

16. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    That's right! Absolutely no breathing allowed. :p

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Han!

At least Leia putting him through the wringer will be over in a few months...then it'll be the twins turn :p

Loved the conversation between Han and Luke.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    ?You?re not getting out of this one,? Han said firmly. ?Not happening.? He shook his head. ?If I have to put up with the insanity that is pregnancy then so do you.?

A hahaha! Priceless! [face_laugh]

19. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Poor Han. And lucky Luke....for now. Just wait, Luke, you'll get your turn at caring for a pregnant wife.

Wonderful chemistry between Luke and Han.

Bad vibes from a pregnant Leia.

Good luck, Han!

20. Soulman1

Soulman1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2008
    Hilarious! [face_laugh] It fits too. Han got on her nerves all the time before she was pregnant. It stands to reason that with her horomones raging out of control, Just the sight of him would have her on edge. Well done!

21. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I just found this through the index on Bespin Cafe. I LOVED it!!! =D==D==D==D=

Poor Han, he can't seem to do anything right *as far as Leia is conserned* LOved the part where Han is torchering Luke. [face_laugh] On the other hand, Luke would be better off watching the holos and helping out, it would give him practice with Mara. *Thinks about how Mara would act if she were preggers with twins* [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Faboo, It was a nice little distraction from my screaming Neices. =D=

22. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    This was great! Loved it!

23. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was hilarious!!

Wouldn't know what being pregnant is like.. not yet at least.. but I really hope I don't get cranky like that.

Poor Han, and Luke, that was hilarious

24. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Oh, how wonderful! I recall my aunt being like this when she was pregnant. And the Han and Luke conversation is wonderful. Great story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.