main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You're favorite piece of battle droid slaying?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Obi-Wan2001, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    One thing that Episode 1 has more of than Episode 2, surprisingly enough, is the slaying of battle droids. I can't get enough of that stuff, and I thought Episode 2 would have a lot more. But we see Anakin take out, what, one? Obi-Wan, a few, but that's it. The rest is just deflecting blaster bolts. The first half of TPM has quite a bit of slicing and dicing of battle droids. Which is your favorite?

1) Short negotiations

2) Rescuing the Queen and Co.

3) Escaping from Naboo

It's hard for me to pick, but for now, I'll go with the escape from Naboo. How about you?

"The Jedi cut em down like they're butter."

2. Avid_Prequels_Fan

Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    I have to say I loved it when Anakin finally figures out which switch it is to engage the blasters on the starfighter he is in and blows away the Droidekas that were preventing Queen Amidala and attack party from entering into the rest of the palace.
    If Anakin had never blown em away I seriously doubt the Queens party could have moved without getting themselves all killed.

3. Cometgreen

Cometgreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure it was in the short negotiations scene in the opening of the film: Qui-gon is looking straight ahead and, without really reacting, he simply swings his saber back and chops a droid in half. It just looks so cool.

And the Jedi force pushing the droids never gets old.

Cometgreen

4. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    My fav. part is more of a question. And forgive me for not searching the site fully to clarify it was cleared. And I don't read SW novels, just watch the movies)

Now, it really appears that QG and Obiwan, just after the droids open the conference room door, fall from the top grab their sabers and chop up the droids. I am under the impression that the sabers were made to float to give the illusion that the Jedi were holding them and blocking the lazer shots.

If this is true, then that's my all time fav. scene so far in the prequels.

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I'm gonna pick a very specific moment --

There's this one droid who gets his head knocked off by a Trade Federation tank. It's hilarious. [face_laugh]

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I like the whole "Master Destroyers!" scene and when they escape the hangar that one battle droid is half a body walking.

The battle of Naboo is cool when the troops unload then all come up at once.

7. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I like Qui-Gon's negotiations and slaying of a Battle Droid commander. I also like in that scene when Obi-Wan kicks a droid in the face.

-Jedi Master Zax Starwalker

8. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I love it when the fire engulfs the droid after Anakin blows up the control ship's reactor. (For some reason, seeing the Neimodians on the ship get charred makes me laugh.)

9. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Short Negotiations! We get to see the Jedi use Force Speed for the first time.

10. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    And the last.

11. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    When Qui-Gon Force pushes a battle droid and he yells "D'oh!" :D

12. Ko-jah

Ko-jah Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    yes quigon kim that is also my fav. just before he does the force push, QG does a slice and quickly sheaths his lightsaber - it looks really cool.

something totally off topic...does it look like qui gonn rests his lightsaber blade in his other hand as he walks up the ship ramp just after facing maul in the desert? OUCH!

13. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    "D'oh!"
    you know.. I always thought when it was about to fall it sweared in robot tongue and it bleeped itself out. [face_laugh] "****!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.