main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You're making me angry." - The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    EDIT- Link to alternate original thread from old Ampitheatre in Archives.

so who here enjoyed the first Hulk movie? i did. i thought it was a little over done with the special effects. with making the hulk bigger then he should've been.

we know there's another one coming out in 2008. although Eric Bana might not be coming back in the role as Banner/ Hulk. current rumor is that Dominic Purcell from the tv show Prison Break might take over.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16063]Dominic[/url] Purcell Up for The Incredible Hulk?

A scooper alerted us that "Prison Break" star Dominic Purcell appeared on New York radio station WPLJ this morning and was asked by hosts Scott Shannon and Todd Pettengill whether he is up for the role of Bruce Banner/Hulk in Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk.
    Purcell didn't confirm or deny his involvement but the tone of his voice is pretty much a giveaway that he is at least in talks. But don't take our word for it, you can listen to the clip yourself http://downloads.comingsoon.net/purcell2.mp3]here![/url] If he does get the role, he would be replacing the first film's star, Eric Bana, a favorite of many fans who would like to see him continue the part in the follow-up.
    Louis Leterrier directs for a 2008 release by Universal Pictures.

2. CaptainBinaca

CaptainBinaca Jedi Master star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Isn't Banner supposed to be a brainy, nebishy scientist type who transforms into a muscle-bound beast? Why cast someone in the role who already looks like the hulk, even without makeup? Bad casting IMO

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i always thought Eric Bana did a good job as Banner/ The Hulk. my one gripe with the movie was the dog fight scene [face_plain]

4. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Oh come on! The dog fight was great. The ending was a little out there and I think I would have preferred a more traditional editing style.

5. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i really loved the hulk movie. i think it's because i love ang lee.

6. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Casting isn't that great, i think that bruce banner should not luck like the hulk. Get Steve Buscemi, he'd do the trick.

dkt

7. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Ah, I haven't seen that movie since it came out. What's the dog fight again?

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Neither have I, honestly. From what I remember, there were two huge dogs attacking the girl (can't recall her name) at her place, and the Hulk saved her.

9. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Oh yeah. I vaguely remember something. I think.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The only thing good about this flick was the battle in the desert. Absorbing Man was done terribly, and using him to give the Hulk a fight was terrible, and the whole globule of energy at the end was dumb.
    How about instead a Bill Bixby look-a-like as the dad goes looking for his son after he himself learned to lock the Hulk away. His son of course becomes a Hulk, and dad has to go unlock the Hulk within himself to stop his son, perhaps capture and protect him. You can still have one or both Hulks engage in battles with military weapons, and we could have had a good rompin' stompin' destructive Hulk vs Hulk fight.

But no, we get mutant dogs and Absorbing Man.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. that had to be my favorite scene when he's fighting in the desert. then when he comes up into San Francisco

12. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i agree that it would be daft casting if the actor actually already looked like hulk.
    my favourite scenes in the movie were the more quietly dramatic ones of interpersonal tension (the stuff with the general actually) and the editing totally rocked.

13. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Didnt Bana already confirm that he would be in TIH?

14. cambece

cambece Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    How well box-office wise did the Hulk do? I was under the impression that it did poorly. It's seems strange that they would want to make a sequel, especially since it's been awhile since the last one.

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Domestic Total Gross: $132,177,234

Foreign: $113,107,712

Worldwide: $245,284,946

It's budget was $137 million

16. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i think there was some talk they left the option for a sequel open. i just hope ang lee gets to do it again. i heard he got so much flak for doing the first one, he considered quitting his directing career.

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Dominic Purcell wouldn't work as Banner at all. He's way to big and strong to portray the nerdy Bruce Banner. It lessens the affect of turning into the Hulk if he's already a walking mass of muscle. Frankly, I think he should play Rhino in a Spider-Man movie.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    in regards to the villain in the next movie it looks like it'll be Abomination

Avi Arad Confirms Hulk 2 Villain

Business 2.0 Magazine has published an article on Marvel Entertainment's Marvel Studios in which chief executive Avi Arad confirms the villain for Hulk 2:

For that villain, Arad has chosen one of his favorite baddies: Abomination, a former Yugoslav spy who has mutated into a 980-pound freak of terrifying strength and unpleasant demeanor. "He's capable of amazing feats," Arad says, eyes gleaming. And if Arad is right and the Hulk sequel or some of Marvel's other self-made films break into blockbuster territory, people will be saying the same thing about him someday.

19. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Seems like they're starting too big. Even though Abomination is my favoreite Hulk villain... WE NEED THE LEADER!

20. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    We don't need the leader. We would all love to see him, but it's not that big a deal. Abomination is tons better than absorbing man, in every department. I feel confident that now that Hulk has an actual good villain, the film will be fantastic. I mean really, think about what was wrong with the first one. Aside from the length, of course. Which scenes sucked the most?

The dog fight
    The abosrbing man fight

Two worst parts of the movie. And lets not forget every other scene with the villain that just dragged it down. AM making the dogs, AM lecturing Bruce, etc. When Hulk was fighting the US military, it was solid. Because the US military is one of Hulk's best staple villains.

21. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    According to an article at cinematical.com the next Hulk isnt really a sequel but a re-do. Dont know how accurate that is.

22. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Pardon me if this has been asked and answered already; but, what would happened when Banner turned into the HULK while sporting that beard?

23. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    100% accurate. Avi Arad said it himself in an interview. He pretty much said that he like The Hulk, but it didn't do the property justice.

I still think Abomination is starting too big. But I like the idea of the military as the main villain. Thunderbolt Ross is another one of my favorite Hulk villains. Maybe if they could somehow work Zzzax into it, or just have Ross get changed into a Zzzax like creature...

But the Leader, IMO, is to the Hulk as Lex Luthor is to Superman, The Joker to Batman, Green Goblin to Spider-man, Dr. Doom to the Fantastic Four, and so on... A super genius created by gamma radiation, as opposed to the monster created by the same thing. It would be so easy to put into the movie, though different from the comic. But I could just see both villain and hero coming from the same tragedy. Not to mention it's the ultimate case of brain versus brawn. The Leader is the Hulks arch-nemesis.

Abomination is more like Venom, meaner and scarier than the Leader/Goblin, but it's more like fighting themself rather than the opposite. That's what in my eyes has always made the best arch-nemesis. Not who's scariest or whatever. It's who is the heros opposite, and if their places were switched, it could just as easily be The Joker as hero and Batman as villain. Bruce Banner could easily have become the super genius and The Leader could have become the Hulk.

Wow, I really got off topic. :)

24. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Yeah, but at this point of speculation it's not that big a deal to lead the topic astray. It's too early to seriously discuss because nothing is really confirmed.

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that Hulk would then have a beard. When Banner shaved his head in the comics, Hulk was bald as well. Plus, in Future Imperfect we have the Maestro...

[image=http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/characters/hulk-inc-maestro.jpg]