"You're making me angry." - The Incredible Hulk Movies Thread ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Tim Blake Nelson to be Samuel Sterns (a.k.a. The Leader)

Tim Blake Nelson has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie, which Louis Leterrier is directing, sees Bruce Banner/Hulk on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a monster.

Nelson will play a scientist named Samuel Sterns. In Hulk lore, Sterns, aka "The Leader," is one of the Hulk's major antagonists, a menial worker in a chemical research plant who is bombarded with gamma radiation. He emerges from his accident not only green-skinned but also superintelligent, with an oversized brain.

Nelson joins a strong comic book movie cast that includes two-time Oscar nominee Edward Norton (Banner), Liv Tyler (Betty Ross), Tim Roth (villain Emil Blonsky/the Abomination) and William Hurt (General Ross, Betty's father).

Zak Penn wrote the latest big-screen adventure of the green goliath, which Universal Pictures is distributing domestically June 13, 2008.
  2. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Here's a youtube from part of the TIH presentation where they reveal what he'll look like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=15YeV8QNPFM
  3. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Interview with Norton

Big addition to the Hulk from Norton's rewrite....He says character Leonard "Doc" Samson would be in the movie, and that they were actually going to mention other Marvel superheroes (by name) in the movie. It looks like Norton wants the different franchises to be linked better than they have been in recent years.

Can anyone say Avengers!?! :D That is awesome though. Finally they decide to start linking the movies together and throwing in other superheroes.
  4. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    What I need to know is, is the roller coaster going to be in the movie?;
  5. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    :confused:
  6. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Spoilers Galore:

Latino Review

* The Arctic. A MAN wearing disembarks from a tug boat and heads off into the remote wilderness. As he wanders through the ice, memories flash: a woman on the ground, flames ? fuzzy and fleeting. At last he stops and removes his parka revealing a gun at his waist. His heart races as takes it in his hands and pulls the hammer back. A slight GREEN envelopes him.
    * A gunshot. The man falls forward, but his arms rush out to catch him: huge, muscled, green arms. The hands reach up the man?s head and come down, holding a bullet, totally flattened. We pull back and a roar echoes through the arctic wilderness.
    * Five years later. Brazil. BRUCE BANNER runs through the slums of Porto Verde, a pulse monitor keeping careful track of his heart rate, making sure he doesn?t get too excited. He drops by a shop to pick up a package ? inside is a book on rare South American flowers. At a computer terminal, he sends a message to MR. BLUE thanking him for the book and explaining that he still has to find the flower ? Bruce signs it MR. GREEN.
    * A few days later, Bruce enters a primitive bottling plant, putting on gloves and glasses like the rest of the Brazilian laborers around him. During beak time, Bruce talks to a supply driver who hands him a package with a leaf in it. Excited, Bruce checks his now-worn flower book and smiles.
    * Later, Bruce helps the factory owner repair a machine. He cuts himself, a few drops of blood landing on the bottle conveyer belt. Bruce quickly cleans it up, but misses a drop that landed in a bottle?
    * At his no-frills apartment, Bruce chats online with Mr. Blue. Blue asks Bruce if he has the notes on how to make the inhibitor and he replies that he does. Bruce then gets to work, using the few scientific implements he has. Hopeful, Bruce tests the purple liquid he got from the flowers on his own blood ? but no change. He tells Blue it didn?t work; Blue suggests a stronger but potentially lethal dose, but Bruce replies that he doesn?t have any more. Blue then tells Bruce send him a sample of his blood. Bruce is hesitant? but decides it is his only option. He stares sadly at a picture of a beautiful woman, his wife, BETTY ROSS.
    * A few weeks later, in America, a woman prepares lunch for a group of children. The mother sips from a bottle ? a moment later she spasms and falls to the ground, eyes rolling into the back of her head.
    * Later, at the office of GENERAL THUNDERBOLT ROSS, MAJOR CABOT reports that a woman got gamma sickness from a South American soda. Ross is intrigued by this. Cabot reports that it was bottled in Porto Verde, Brazil. Ross tells Cabot to get things ready ? they?ve found him.
    * Ross watches his team prepare. They have photos of the area: the factory, Bruce?s apartment, etc. Cabot briefs the soldiers, a man named BLONKSKY leading point. She tells them that that Banner is a U.S. fugitive who stole military secrets and that they shouldn?t engage him.
    * Back at the bottling plant, some young RUFFIANS bother a pretty girl. Bruce does his best to ignore it, but at last steps up to defend her. The LEADER takes swings at Bruce, but he artfully dodges them. They leave, telling Bruce they?ll get him later.
    * At his apartment, Blue tells Bruce that there was success with a higher concentration. Bruce?s face shows hope, something he?s been waiting to hear for a long time. Bruce warns that his situation may be more complicated, but Blue seems confident that there?s a good chance it could cure him. He writes on a pad of paper: DATA FROM MAYNARD and sticks it in his pocket. Bruce packs up everything and sticks it in his pack for a quick escape, his nightly routine - just in case.
    * Ross? team sneaks into area and breaks into the apartment. They attack Bruce in bed ? but it?s a decoy. Bruce escapes and a chase ensues through the winding slums. Bruce makes his way to a bar near the factor
  7. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm hoping we get at least a teaser trailer by the end of the year or January
  9. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
  10. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    2 New The Incredible Hulk Images

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/IronMan/hulk1.jpg]

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/IronMan/hulk2.jpg]
  11. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    Even though the movies (and I liked the first one) draw more from being faithful to the comics, that first image is obviously a tribute to the TV series with Bill Bixby.

They are probably hoping for fans of the TV series to get a look at images like this so they will be drawn to a new cast and a new film; even though, people like us on this board know that this is still, for the most part, a direct sequel of the first film.

I do like their "all or nothing" approach to the cast of this film (whether it was by choice or not). I don't mind the replacement of Holmes in The Dark Knight because Maggie Gyllenhall (spelling?) has some similar facial features, but, in most cases, when a film is going to change one or two cast members, I would rather have the creators just replace everyone.
  12. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    A little more on the Iron Man/Hulk Crossover Scene(s):

How is Tony Stark in The Incredible Hulk?

Ain't It Cool News has posted a rumor about how the Iron Man/The Incredible Hulk cross-over might work (Possible Spoiler Ahead!):

So the scene that was shot was for the Hulk with General Thunderbolt who is very important to the Hulk. Anyway, Tony Stark meets with him - which of course is a straight prelude to the Avengers Movie.

Iron Man director Jon Favreau stayed mum on the subject in yesterday's interview with MTV.
  13. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5

Gotta say...I liked Ang Lee's Hulk design better. He does look more like the tv show Lou Ferrigno version...in which case they have taken this out of the pumped up comic universe to "real" it up.

That movie was not as bad as many fanboys decry it to be...it got dumped on because it wasn't Spiderman...well you know what...the first Spiderman STUNK.

Eric Bana did a great job as Banner. Eliott was good as Gen Ross...and Connelly wasn't a bad Betty...the decision to blow up everything they did in the first film is only proof that hollywood has no integrity when it comes to this stuff.

They say they are being more honest to the original story in this one...if it doesn't measure up, in the next one, it'll be "an exciting new direction for our heroes".

I hope this movie succeeds...but let's not dismiss "Hulk" as an "also run"...The signature image of that film, when Hulk is smashing the tanks in the desert, should be every comic reader's dream.

15. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What's up with the color on Hulk in the pictures that I posted?

Some words about the trailer.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    TIH Trailer This Wednesday!!!

It's official, you'll be seeing The Incredible Hulk teaser trailer next week! The announcement:

The first teaser trailer for hotly anticipated summer superhero epic "The Incredible Hulk" will have its exclusive broadcast debut in a simultaneous "roadblock" on seven networks on Wednesday, March 12. This first opportunity to see material from the motion picture will be aired at approximately 9:56 p.m. EDT/6:56 p.m. PDT on MTV, MTVU, MTV2, VH1, Spike TV, Nick at Nite and CMT.

Following the on-air premiere, the trailer will be immediately posted on MTV.com for an exclusive period. The trailer will begin showing in theaters across the country on Friday, March 14, with prints of Rogue Pictures' "Doomsday."

"The Incredible Hulk" hits theaters worldwide on June 13, 2008.

About "The Incredible Hulk"

"The Incredible Hulk" kicks off an all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular superheroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk.

Living in the shadows -- cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler) -- Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt), and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power.

As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk's creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination (Tim Roth), whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk's own. And on June 13, 2008, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice: accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or find heroism in the creature he holds inside -- The Incredible Hulk.

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/TIH/hulk.jpg]
    [image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/TIH/ross.jpg]

TIH Trailer Preview

This is going to be great! :D

BTW, I picked up an Incredible Hulk shirt at Steve & Barry's yesterday :-B />

17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    *psst* Conor , put on some colors so people don't see your name in red and panic.;)
  18. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great teaser for the real trailer... [face_laugh]

It will be really interesting to se some moving pictures from this film.
  19. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    The full trailer.

I hope they fix the CGI, but it's more along the lines of what a Hulk movie should be. Total destruction. This will either be better than it deserves be (à la Transformers), or completely forgettable.

Kudos for pulling a scene out The Ultimates where Bruce Banner is tossed out of a helicopter. I'm sure Edward Norton will claim he wrote that himself.
  20. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, that's because Edward Norton wrote The Ultimates, didn't you hear? ;)
  21. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Right now, Ed Norton's in a smackdown-fight with the head of Marvel over the editing of the film. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel's terrified at the possibility that Norton will pull an Ang Lee, and make the film smarter than it needs to be...i.e., inaccessible to the dumb kids who just want to see Hulk smash.

At least Lee's movie gave us the best Nick Nolte "WT* was THAT?!?" performance in years.
  22. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I like the new trailer; I like the feel of the film and the look of the new/old Hulk. I like the homages to the Bixby TV series, and yet it also feels true to the comics of the 80s era. I'm a little leery of the Abomination; he looks fakey and cartoonish. But I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, since the rest of the movie looks spectacular.
  23. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like it could be a good film as well, and I like Norton in just about everything he has done.

However, I still have yet to figure out what was so wrong with the Ang Lee film. I liked it a lot. I thought the cast was solid, and that they could not have picked a better actor for General Ross.

My understanding is that Ang Lee's film and take on the character was pretty darn close to the comic book version.

I am sure I am about to be called and idiot and/or moron for liking it, but I thought is was one of the better superhero films I have seen. I liked all of the father-son stuff, and the battle in the desert with the choppers and the tanks was awesome.
  24. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hulk watch trailer. HULK DISAPPOINTED!
  25. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm still optimistic that the film overall will be a great experience but I must say that I'm a bit disappointed by the trailer.

/Film also has the trailer in good quality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.