main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You're making me angry." - The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
  2. Darth_Jericho

Darth_Jericho Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2003
    He also said the CGI shots are not yet finished, so what we've seen is NOT the final product, for those who had issue with how Abomination and Hulk looked.

3. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I can't say I'm all that impressed with this trailer. It's not BAD, but it's not really good either. Nothing fresh, nothing to raise the bar on superhero flicks.

I'd still like to see it though, because I love Edward Norton and Tim Roth.

4. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I thought it looked great. Way better than that Ang Lee POS.

D_M_S_L

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I posted this in JCC, but I'll repost it here:

New Hulk Trailer, my thoughts:

Talky bits rehashing previous movie ? no longer interesting

Roth doesn?t talk? Why show a great actor like Roth and then not let him get any lines out?

No good dialogue, no intriguing scenes. How do you make a trailer using Norton and Roth so bland?

The Abomination looks like a generic monster from a video game; what was wrong with the original design from the comics? Is this another crappy Ultimate influence?

It just feels too much like the previous movie. I thought they would be hitting the ground running with this one. I would have set up the threat at the start of the trailer, showing the Abomination?s origins and him destroying the city, then introduce Banner/The Hulk as the saviour in the latter half of the trailer. I think that would have played better.

Really, I've been quite enthusiastic about this since news of Norton and Roth's involvement, but this trailer is just underwhelming. Not bad, just kind of meh.

6. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    How can "Ultimates" and "crappy" be used together? I realize that technically, you just said "Ultimate", but still... I fear for your inner comic loving child.

Anyhow, the Abomination does appear in Ultimates 2. Had a bit of a reptilian look to him IMO, doesn't look much like the thing in the trailer. Also, the Hulk killing the Abomination in Ultimates 2 is one of my favorite scenes ever in comics. Ultimates is how I learned to stop worrying and love the Hulk.

HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS.

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    The scene towards the end of the trailer also reminded me of that issue from Ultimates 1 where Banner is thrown out of the helicopter and forced to turn into the Hulk to defeat Klaiser or whatever the alien guy is. Although here in the movie, at least from the trailer, it looks like he does it willingly.

8. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    "t just feels too much like the previous movie. I thought they would be hitting the ground running with this one. I would have set up the threat at the start of the trailer, showing the Abomination?s origins and him destroying the city, then introduce Banner/The Hulk as the saviour in the latter half of the trailer. I think that would have played better."

Chill, buddy, chill... :D I love Roth too, but this is a TEASER, it's not meant to show you much of anything. Be happy with what they did show. I, for one, am glad they didn't try to give me the whole movie within the first teaser. I hate when they show you everything right up front, a tactic used far too often these days. It's no wonder no one goes to the theater anymore, why bother when you can see the whole flick in the trailer.

D_M_S_L

9. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Actually I am a little concerned that they have shown as much as they have in the teaser. If they show off what the hulk looks like, what Abomination looks like and what is supposed to be the beginnings of the big final fight, its seems to me they are desperately trying too hard from the get-go to make it look really cool. That rarely bodes well. I would have hoped for a little more discretion especially since they have been so quiet about the look and design of the characters so far.

10. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm not overly impressed by the teaser. The Abombination(sp?) looks like some sort of rotting corpse. As for action, we've seen too little of the final fight to make much of a judgment and nothing really of the other action scenes. I'll go see this but I'm not hopeful at this point.

11. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I finally got around to watching the trailer and I am less than impressed by it. I'll wait to see how further trailers look, but as of right now, I think I'm skipping this one.

12. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    It looks like the thing from the 2nd Resident Evil movie.

Honestly, I don't see how marketing this movie in any way would be "good".

People aren't happy they've shown so much in a trailer.

I'm sure if they did the reverse, people would complain that they are scared to reveal it to us for fear of a let down.

truthfully...what let me down was seeing Liv Tyler and me actually thinking *I'm gonna miss Jennifer Connelly*

same thing with Hurt as Ross. He's a tremendous actor...loved him in many rolls...but Sam Elliot was SPOT on...and I think they all knew it, but they couldn't pick and choose who would come back and who wouldn't and still have "a brave new beginning".

Honestly...the more I hear...the more I'm convinced they should call it "The Ed Norton Hulk"...sounds like writers and directors and studios be ****ed...he's making this thing for him.

I swear...if they hadn't brought in the Nick Nolte role, "Hulk" would be considered a triumph of the genre and we'd still have Bana and Connelly and Elliot.

Instead, they handed the keys over to a psycho.

*and all you gushers out there for Ed Norton...for every Fight Club or American History X, he's got a Keeping the Faith or Death to Smoochy...he's hardly a champ of high integrity acting.*

I hope for good things because I like the Hulk...and as we start having films with heroe team ups...I expect Hulk to be among them...

But those expecting some kind of salvation from Ed Norton...don't hold your breath.

13. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    3 New TV Spots!

All of them look very good. I like "The Good" and "Green" spots the best. Looks like we'll have some dialogue with Abomination and hopefully Hulk.

14. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    They look great! I'd still like to know how Tim Roth avoids having his body shattered when the Hulk kicks him across the park. Other than that I'm growing increasingly impressed.

15. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    First Showing - The Hulk's CGI Finally Gets Upgraded!

[image=http://www.firstshowing.net/img/hulk-CGI-comparison.jpg]

The first image (on the top) is a screen capture from the very first teaser trailer released on March 12th. This exact image was also released individually as a promo photo. The second image (on the bottom) is a screen capture from the latest TV spot released today, which can be viewed in its entirely further below. Notice that Hulk's hair is a lot more detailed and he has pieces of ripped clothing left on (which can be clearly scene when you watch the new TV spot).

16. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    Cool. The second one looks more realistic.

17. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I had dream last night. Me Hulk in dream. Me smash buildings and cars as Hulk. Hulk dream entertaining. Me want see Hulk film soon.

18. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    You off your rocker. :D

19. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Hulk smash you for saying off rocker!

:p

20. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    I wonder if Hulk is going to speak in this one? Any rumors about this yet? Or are they going to avoid his 1930s-Tarzan-Frankenstein-Tonto speech (captured so charmingly by -polymath-, above), like the first one did?

21. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Why thank you. I have wondered about whether Hulk will speak in this one too. It could be way too campy if he does speak in Hulk-ese and might destroy the tone that the film seems to be going for. I guess only time will tell.

22. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    I feel certain that's why Ang Lee's version avoided it (except for that one dream-scene): camp, or the perception of camp, or unintentional giggling. But I think if the words are carefully chosen, Hulk-speak could be done right. Perhaps in the third Hulk film (if there is one), we'll have the gray Hulk from the late 80s who said things like: "Inevitably, gentlemen, Hulk WILL smash." [face_laugh]

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Well in one of the TV Spots we hear Hulk or Abomination speak. Not sure who it is. I think it might be Abomination.

24. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    ^ ^ It's Abomination.

25. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I like the updated CGI on the Hulk, it looks a little bit more realistic. I can only hope they did the same for Abomination.