main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You're making me angry." - The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    It worked out for Batman and Wolverine. Granted Cap is a little different, but Barrowman, as its been stated, spent much time living in America and is quite good at playing an American, so honestly I don' see the difference. Mind you this is just a rumour that grew out of someone asking him about the role to which he responded that there had been talks with his agent. But I still think it would be an interesting choice of actor.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, the DVD's out. there's not much to the altermate opening (and I don't quite understand the scene- my only guess in retrospect is maybe he was trying to kill himself? but he was aiming it somewhere else) and the Captain America cameo is more of an easter egg, and you can barely see anything- there's like 2 frames where you can kinda see Cap during the avalanche, but it's easier seeing Jesus on a piece of stained toast.

A good amount of deleted scenes, though. Mostly the subplot with the boyfriend, which has 4 or 5 scenes plus one from the end of the movie when he calls her in New York. There's also a couple scenes fleshing out the General's second in command and an alternate version of the "you will never speak to me as your daughter again" scene (it take place outside the helicopter instead of outside the college lab). Also an extended version of the scene where Betty gives him the saved data stick- we see the discusison preceeding it and following it- more talk about Mr Blue and his anarchy-like beliefs as well as mention of an ethics investigation.

There is a scene with the General that fleshes him out quite that I wish ahd stayed in (where he comapres what he's doing to those who first mastered fire instead of fearing it), as well as another with the black military officer who comments that Blonsky's performance before he got taken down by the Hulk on the campus reminded him of something he'd heard of before- something they'd "like to forget".

Also, I totally didn't get the Stanley/Stan Lee connection until now- I wonder if Stan was origianlly supposed to play that role instead of the soda pop victim? The actor playing Stanley certainly looks kinda like him.

3. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Bruce Banner was trying to kill himself but the Hulk wouldn't let him. It all goes back to the idea that Bruce hates the Hulk and vice versa.

4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I'm sorry that Norton disagrees, but I think the film is better off without just about every one of the deleted scenes. They extended the story without really enhancing it.

The extra scenes with side characters were overkill. Betty's boyfriend is almost exactly the same character with the deleted scenes as without. Keeping those scenes in would just make that section of the film drag on too long.

I thought Ross's philosophizing was pretentious and dull. Nor did I particularly care for the extended dialogue before the campus fight with Bruce doing his best Ian Malcolm impersonation.

The scenes aren't particularly BAD (okay, a few have some clunky delivery), they just seem unnecessary. Part of me wishes the pizza delivery scenes were left in, but the film's fine without them. I'd be interested in seeing a cut of the film with all the deleted scenes edited back in, just to see if it hurts the pace of the film as much as I think it would.

This film was my favorite movie of the entire summer (Yes, I liked it more than Iron Man or The Dark Knight). Leterrier (and/or his editors) did a fantastic job of trimming the fat from a film that could've ended up as a poorly paced and pretentious mess. Nothing substantial was lost in any of the cuts, and the gain in terms of an improved momentum is immense.

Aside from the tag at the end with Tony Stark, The Incredible Hulk is the first comic book movie since Tim Burton's Batman to leave me wanting to rewatch the film more than wanting to see the sequel. It's a complete film, with a beginning, middle, and end. And in this day of super-franchises, that's INCREDIBLE.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the boyfriend subplot enhances Betty's character, though. It builds up to that epilogue conversation which i think gives her more of a character arc, and also gives Betty and Banner more time together before she runs off with him. They don't need to put all of the boyfriend's scenes back in, but they probably should have kept one or two- as it's very noticable and almost distracting how he sort of just dissapears.

I could have done without the pizza stuff- the sorority girls one dragged on too long and the reuse of "you wouldn't like me when i'm angry" was a bit forced and diminishes the superior "nungry" joke earlier in the film. Plus the really weird guy he gives the last pizza to should have been dropped entirely- I'm perplexed why they even kept that one shot of him in the final movie, as that always felt weird to me.

Also, keep in mind we're probably no seeing all of the deleted scenes here- reports were there was much more cut and only some was on this DVD, so perhaps "Norton's cut" isn't fully represented here.

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    HULK BUMP!!!!

7. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    MeTV is adding the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno series to its schedule. It'll be on Saturday nights at 7 starting Feb. 13th.

I don't know if they'll be adding this in the near future:

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

Joe Russo Confirms There's "No Red Hulk" In "Captain America: Civil War"

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Rulk only works if you do a full on Hulk movie and that's apparently tied up with Universal. It'd be real hard to shoehorn in Rulk into a Captain America or Avengers flick.

Anyway, if you're going to go alternate Hulk for movies and working him into Avengers flicks, I think there's enough wiggle room for an Avengers baddie to go Full on Maestro / Future Imperfect. I think that would rock.

[​IMG]

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Beard hulk smash

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    More like breaking necks and cashing checks.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I've always liked this image of Maestro:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ClevverMovies: Hulk Getting Solo Movie...Sort Of (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Transcript of the video for the YouTube impaired:

BigAl6ft6 likes this.