main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You're making me angry." - The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    What do you guys think of the whole "Return of the Monster" storyline that was going on a couple years ago? I think that would translate into a decent storyline for a film.

2. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow. The demmands of a hectic life has put me out of the loop and long away from my last comic. I dont know whats going on any more. Thank god most movies are based on stories closer to origins and older comic issues. I'm still wondering if hollywood will have the nerve once the existing participants have had a few more successful sequels that SECRET WARS will be laid upon us.

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The main issue with Return of the Monster is the lack of Hulk. Besides the initial attack (which is only seen in TV footage) Bruce doesn't Hulk out until the last 3/4 of the arc. I don't think a movie would be to successful with that. The audience would spend most of the movie wondering "Where's the Hulk?" It's a fantastic story, I just don't picture it working as a movie.

4. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Secret Wars will never ever ever ever X infinity happen.

5. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I dunno, if we look down the road, and Marvel has gotten back all their properties, and it's movie studio is a hit... Not only could I see it happening, I would welcome it with open arms.

Heck, they're making an Avengers movie, I'm willing to believe anything now.

6. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    By the time a Secret Wars film becomes financially feasible, such as in 5-10 years, the comic book film craze will be just about over. Also, it's just never gonna happen. Never ever ever. Not live action. Animated, maybe.

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Adrien Brody for Banner?

Hey, everyone. ?Moriarty? here.

First time source here.

You know what that means. This is a rumor, and nothing more at the moment. Still, it?s a fascinating rumor, and if this does pan out, I think it?s a really cool choice for ?puny Banner.?

Hey Harry ?

I've been a longtime fan and wanted to fill you in on the latest casting news coming out of Hollywood. The movie? HULK 2 - which is one movie I have little desire to see. I'm still not quite sure WHY movie execs feel they need to remake this movie. Anyway, it seems they've signed their leading man and will be unveiling him to the public soon. The name is familiar and an interesting choice.

ADRIEN BRODY.

I'm curious as to what you think of him in the role? I haven't seen the script yet but my sources inside the studio say it's pretty good. If you share this news on your website, please keep my name secret.... you can refer to me as SCRUPLE.

Keep up the great work.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Edward Norton is The Incredible Hulk!

Edward Norton has been set by Marvel Studios to play Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk.

The Louis Leterrier-directed film will be distributed by Universal Pictures on June 13, 2008. The movie will shoot this summer in Toronto.

Norton takes over a role played in the Ang Lee-directed Hulk by Eric Bana. Though that film opened strongly, it didn't fare as well as other Marvel efforts, including Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and, most recently, Ghost Rider.

Marvel Studios, which has a $525 million credit facility obtained through Merrill Lynch, made The Incredible Hulk its second film under that arrangement, and seeks to make a sequel that is less self-serious and more in line with the comic series and TV show. Leterrier directed the action-filled Transporter and its sequel, as well as Unleashed.

The new movie begins with Banner on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a misunderstood green menace.

"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business," Marvel Studios production president Kevin Feige said in a statement. "His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner and the Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the bigscreen in a new and exciting way."

The script for The Incredible Hulk was written by Zak Penn, who had a hand in crafting two "X-Men" films and Fantastic Four for Marvel.

The movie is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Marvel's Feige. Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee are executive producing.

9. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Tragedy they couldn't get Bana to return.

10. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I liked Bana, he was darn near perfect. But I definitely approve Norton. I think he's a terrific actor, and if there was ever an actor that has the look of inner rage on a quiet exterior, it's Norton.

But now it's a sequel again? I was really hoping for a remake like they originally said it would be.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm actually happy that they are apparently continuing the story from the previous movie. The worst part about the Ang Lee version was that it took forever for him to become the Hulk, we don't need to sit through another origin story. And Ed Norton seems perfect to play Bruce Banner.

12. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I just hate it when they change actors...

13. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Is Jennifer Connelly returning?

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Zak Penn Talks About Norton as The Hulk

When it comes to bringing Marvel Comics characters into the movies, you can't get much more knowledgeable than Zak Penn, who's written or been involved with the last two "X-Men" movies, both "Hulk" movies, Elektra and a bunch of the Marvel movie-related video games. In two weeks, Penn's second movie as a director, the poker comedy The Grand, will be premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival, and by pure chance, ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! had a chance to talk to the writer less than 24 hours after the casting announcement that Edward Norton would be starring in the upcoming The Incredible Hulk. Of course, we had to ask him for a few words about the news.

"I couldn't be happier about Ed Norton," he told us. "I worked on the first 'Hulk' movie and I remember talking about how awesome it would be if we got Ed Norton to play this part. He really was up for it the first time. I think Ed Norton's one of the best actors working, and even I was pretty shocked that he wanted to do it. It's one of those rare things where it turned out better than I [expected]. Look, there's a lot of really good actors who wanted to do it even before I wrote my script. I'm not just saying this, but I cannot think of a better person to play Bruce Banner. In this case, Ed Norton would have been at the top of my list.

"To me, the thing about Bruce is that he's a physicist, he's a super-smart guy who has a lot of repressed anger. To me, that is the essential thing you need to know about him. He could be tall or short, but you have to believe that he's a physicist, you have to believe that life is frustrating for him physically. Ed went to Yale. He's a really smart guy. He has an intelligence that you can see on-screen, which a lot of people who are great actors don't project that. He projects the guy that is smarter than you, and he also projects anger in a lot of his movies, 'Fight Club' being the most obvious example. If you think about 'Fight Club,' he has a lot of similarities to the Hulk as a character. Tyler Durden is his Hulk."

We also asked Penn to describe his take on the movie in terms of whether it's a sequel, a revamp or something different. "It's not going to be a sequel, but it's hard to describe," he admitted. "The best description I would say is something like 'Batman Begins' where it's not necessarily out of continuity with the other movies, though that was more of an origin story. It's much more of a reboot, the way that 'Aliens' is a sequel to 'Alien,' but the kinds of movie are different. It keeps the mythology of the worlds, but it's a totally different structure. It's more of an action movie than the first one was. This one is much more of a thriller, I would say. I don't think it's unfair to say like a 'Bourne Identity' type feeling to it. Certainly I've mentioned that the Bruce Jones comic book run were very influential or the TV series. It definitely harkens back much more to that, emphasizing a guy on the run with a secret, who cannot feel emotion and cannot risk having any close relationships with people for fear what it's going to do to them."

"The first movie is not about Bruce Banner dealing with the repercussions of being the Hulk, it's much more about him becoming the Hulk," he continued. "He gets taken to a base and put under observation pretty quickly. This movie is about Bruce Banner on the run and what life is like. There's stuff that I didn't want to deal with that was in the first movie. You're not going to see anything about his father or his experiments or anything, because to me, as a fan, that was the part that I found most frustrating and nooooooo dogs. I liked the fight, but I didn't like the poodle."

"There's a lot of skepticism towards this project, particularly online, despite the first movie, it's not just that," Penn opined to us, realizing the hurdles the second movie has to face. "Every time I go online and I read these people talking about 'X-Men 3.' I me

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Liv Tyler is Hulk's Betty Ross!

Marvel Studios announced today that Hollywood starlet Liv Tyler will join the cast of the highly-anticipated, new big screen adaptation of The Incredible Hulk. Tyler has signed on to play Betty Ross, the longtime love interest of Dr. Bruce Banner aka The Hulk. She joins two-time Academy Award® nominee Edward Norton who has already been cast in the title role. The film, which is being directed by Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), and distributed by Universal Pictures, is scheduled to smash into theaters on June 13, 2008.

As Betty Ross, Tyler will take on the lead female role. Ross is a scientist and has been Bruce Banner's key ally in the quest to rid him of the Hulk. Bruce's condition has immensely complicated their longtime romance, and has finally forced Betty to try to put the past behind her. The new movie's story unfolds when the pursuit for The Hulk - the world's most misunderstood, primal force of fury - heats up, finding Bruce Banner on the run attempting to cure his condition before his pursuers capture him. This chase is something that Betty cannot ignore - sweeping her right back into Bruce's life and the heart-pounding action that follows.

Tyler first came to the attention of Hollywood in Bernardo Bertolucci's Stealing Beauty. Shortly thereafter, Tyler earned starring roles in several successful movies, including That Thing You Do!, and Inventing the Abbotts. Her featured performances in the blockbuster sensations Armageddon and more recently "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy further solidified her status as one of Hollywood's hottest actresses. Tyler will next appear on the big screen in the upcoming comedy Smother and the horror thriller The Strangers.

"Liv is not only a classic Hollywood beauty, but an undeniable talent. Her roles in such blockbusters as 'The Lord of the Rings' and indie favorites like 'Stealing Beauty' have helped her develop a unique blend of dramatic and action-adventure experience that are perfectly suited for taking on Betty Ross," said Kevin Feige, President of Production, Marvel Studios. "We believe the chemistry between her and Edward Norton will explode on screen, adding another compelling dimension to the film."

Filming on The Incredible Hulk is slated to begin in Toronto this summer.

The Incredible Hulk film is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Kevin Feige and will be executive produced by Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee. Tyler is represented by David Guillod of United Talent Agency and managed by David Schiff of The Schiff Company.

Universal Pictures will distribute The Incredible Hulk film both domestically and in various international territories.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Tim Roth Cast as Hulk Villain

The Incredible Hulk will be matched against the oversized adversary Abomination, and Tim Roth will play the villain's alter ego, Emil Blonsky.

Variety says Roth is joining Edward Norton and Liv Tyler in the Louis Leterrier-directed film, which is being financed by Marvel Studios and distributed by Universal Pictures on June 13, 2008.

Blonsky is a KGB agent who deliberately exposes himself to the gamma rays that caused Bruce Banner to morph into the Hulk. Blonsky has upped the dosage, making him larger and stronger than the Hulk, but unable to change back to human form. He blames Banner for his problem, and makes his best efforts to destroy the Hulk.

The Incredible Hulk is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Marvel's Feige. Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee are executive producing. Zak Penn wrote the script.

17. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I think this movie might be an ABOMINATION

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Well if anything at least the cast is great. I'm looking forward to it.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm not that big on Liv Tyler being cast. she's the only one i'm not sure of. other than that I like what I'm seeing. we just need Sam Elliot back as "Thunderbolt" Ross

20. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I think she'll be alright. I don't think Jennifer Connelly was anything special in the last one, so as long as Liv Tyler does better I'll be happy.

I'm more worried about the writer and the director. But I'm a sucker for comic movies so I'm still excited for it.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    After seeing Unleashed, I have the utmost faith in Leterrier.

And Norton wouldn't accept a superhero role unless the script was amazing.

This movie will be great.

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. it's going to be Norton that makes or breaks this film

23. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Then I'd consider this film made.

24. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    William Hurt is Gen. Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

Oscar winner William Hurt has joined the all-star cast of Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk.

The movie, which Louis Leterrier is directing, sees Bruce Banner/Hulk on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a monster. Hurt will play Gen. Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, the man who has dedicated his life to capturing the Hulk -- and who also is the father of Banner's love interest, Betty Ross.

"Hulk" is shaping up to having one of the stronger comic book movie casts in quite a while as Hurt joins two-time Oscar nominee Edward Norton, who is playing Banner, Liv Tyler as Betty and Tim Roth as villain Emil Blonsky/the Abomination.

Zak Penn wrote the latest big-screen adventure of the green goliath, which Universal Pictures is distributing.

The film is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Kevin Feige, while Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee executive produce. Shooting is slated to begin this summer in Toronto.

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    New Hulk Shooting Location and Synopsis

In addition to Toronto, it looks like The Incredible Hulk will also film in New York City, according to the City of New York Mayor's Office of Film Theatre & Broadcasting's website. The production set up an office there from June 23 until October 5.

Synopsis:

The explosive, action-packed adventure in one of the all-time most popular superhero sagas unfolds with a cure in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: "The Incredible Hulk." We find scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).

Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination (Tim Roth)--a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New York City from total destruction. And on June 13, 2008...one scientist must make an agonizing final choice--accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk.