main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Youre my only hope! Clone Wars at Walmart!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Well I went to a Wal-Mart today not the one I was planning on going to but I looked anyway. No Clone Wars two packs. They did have a Lama Su with a clone and a red battle droid but I passed on those figures.

2. Darth-Clossinius

Darth-Clossinius Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Actually, I was at WM today and the CW packs were ENTIRELY GONE.

But I did happen accross Lama Su, Red Droid, which I purchased and the Imp. Officer/Trooper Variants, and Lollipop mace which stayed on the pegs.

I forsee WM doing more packs like these since they are selling hella good.

3. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I've seen alot of 2003 figs at walmart lately, I wish I hadnt passed up the red battle droids and red clone, they would of been great to get... but theres that whole I'm broke issue :p

4. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I deal with that issue quite frequently myself.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The 2 Wal-Marts (along with KB, Toys R Us) near me have NOTHING...hardly even any jedi lightsabers (aka "minisabers")

There have been a few scattered Action Fleets...I wish I'd had a job when there were gunships and Republic cruisers (Feb)

6. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    I work at a KB Toys in Vegas and my manager bought three new Clone Wars action figures. One of them is an ARC trooper, described on the back as an elite force trained especially by Jango. The second was Anakin in his Clone Wars gear complete with lightsaber, he comes with a headband like ObiWan wore in his Starfighter and some armor. The third was Yoda with his lightsaber, he comes with his hover chair which was described on the back as being "modified for combat situations."

My manager has all but two of the Clone Wars figures, he'll be showing them to me soon and I'll try to take pics.

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I dropped by Wal-Mart on my way home last night and had the foolish idea to actually ask one of them for help. I asked if they had gotten in the SW Clone Wars two-packs, and the guy takes me back over to the empty SW hangers. Then he brings over his manager who was kind enough to tell me that they had put those out this morning, but it looks like they were all snatched up.

For all you SW scalpers out there, let me just say thank you. I appreciate your buying everything so that you can charge me triple. Your a wonderful human being. [face_plain]

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Your manager has all but two of the CW figures? I knew the shops wouldve got them early, but not that early, I think he's mistkaken.

9. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I managed to grab the last two clone war two packs at my local Wal-Mart last week.

I found a Lt. Skywalker, and a Yoda. Nice. I'm gonna pass on the Arc-Trooper. I am currently on the hunt for the Durge figure.

10. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I really doubt I'll ever see these. My WM's suck.

11. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    New lightsabers are in big supply here...

Durge isnt out yet...

One of them is an ARC trooper, described on the back as an elite force trained especially by Jango. The second was Anakin in his Clone Wars gear complete with lightsaber, he comes with a headband like ObiWan wore in his Starfighter and some armor. The third was Yoda with his lightsaber, he comes with his hover chair which was described on the back as being "modified for combat situations."

Thank you for explaining, weve never heard of those before! :p :p :p

12. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I was back at the Walmart where I found the value packs over the weekend and the display box was still there, but all the Clone Wars figure were gone and the box was filled with packs of UNO cards instead! :p

Man, I sure am glad I picked up all three sets when I saw them,because it doesn't seem like they'll be getting more in anytime soon...

13. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    OK, I foolishly tried another Wal-Mart on my way into work this morning, and stupidly asked again for the Clone Wars Two-packs. The response I got was that they did come in, but were still on the truck :confused: and would not be out for another couple days.

I don't know if I should bother to check in on Friday.

14. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Happier days have arrived!

I dropped by yet another Wal-Mart, ignored the hired help this time and found success. I found the Anakin & Clone Lt. and the Yoda & Clone Commander sets on an endcap in the darned stuffed animals section. There was another yoda set, but I decided to be kind and leave that for the next lucky toy hunter.

:D

15. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    The other Walmart finally got these in, they were way over on an end cap in the clearance area, and either no one knows to look there or they were just put out today because only one of each set was gone.

16. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Hopefully I'll go to Wal-Mart tomorrow to see if they have the two packs.

17. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I still haven't seen any Clone Wars figures. I've been looking for the value packs at Wal*Mart, but the SW section doesn't look like it has room for any CW stuff. There are way to many Acklay Obi-Wans, SC Anakins, and HR Han Solos. Maybe they are in a weird place somewhere in the toys....but who knows where. I'll look around more next time.

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Well I looked again today and they still have...NOTHING!!! [face_plain]

I'm seriously considering hanging up a picture of the figures that says "MISSING: WHERE ARE THESE TOYS AT? on an empty peg in the toy department.

19. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    LOL that would be so funny. I might do the same thing at K*Mart or Target. [face_laugh]

20. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I just found the Clone army 3 pack with the yelow clone at k-mart. I left the 3 pack droid army for the next guy. I dont need to be greedy.
    :)

21. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Is it because you don't need to be greedy or because that 3-pack absolutely sucks?

:p

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Apart from the fact that the Destroyers guns are on the wrong way, what's so crappy about it?

23. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Are there only the three Bonus Packs?

*Anakin - Blue Clone LT.
    *Yoad - Yellow Clone Commander
    *ARC Trooper - White Clonetrooper

Is there a bonus pack with a Green Clone Sgt? Does Durge, Obi-wan, Mace Windu, or any of the others come with clones too?

As for the two I picked up (Anakin & Yoda) I think they're great! Yoda's wearing a poncho and bandolier that looks like he just stepped out of a spaghetti western, and Anakin is looking more and more like Vader. :D

24. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I've said it several times before and will say it again:

Clone Wars Yoda = Mexican Bandito

:D 8-} [face_laugh]

And to my knowledge, the rest of the Clone Wars line is not out yet. So, it's hard to say whether Mace, Durge and Obi-Wan will come with clone pack-ins.

And no, there is no pack with a green clone, yet. :D

25. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    "Is it because you don't need to be greedy or because that 3-pack absolutely sucks?"

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.