main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I love how a friend of mine reacted to the cover.

"So a Ringwraith Darth Vader and Eowyn-Elsa are your protagonists?"

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have asked the library to take in some of them.

Revanfan1 and Ulicus like this.
  3. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Thanks Gamiel!

I mean that.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

That is great. As an aspiring author myself (one who'll be sending a manuscript to a publisher this week), I'm so excited to see another author's success. Congrats, my friend. =D=

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some Hinterland Miniatures figures painted by different people from http://hinterlandminiatures.weebly.com/customer-gallery.html

The comments are from the web page

-----------------------------------

Matt Leahy (aka: Dr. Mathias)
    Matt provided the art work for the Autohusaren (which name he also provided), and got one of the first castings, which he painted with his usual flair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Autohusaren
    I wanted to show some additional images of the Autohusaren, and this seemed the best place to do so. In the picture to the left you can see how tall the automaten is, [....]. Comparing my autohusaren to Matt Leahy's above, you can see that he can be posed in various ways.
    [​IMG]
    Scott Lesche
    I love the sugar sands where these sailors, painted by Scott Lesche, line up to face off against the nearing war canoes of some dreaded cannibal tribe from a nearby island.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tym
    I've always been a fan of Tym's mustard-and-blue paintjobs, as worn by the Hussars, Cavalry Command pack below left. On the right is his recently-acquired Hussars, Gun Crew (with a gun from Tiger Miniatures).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Martin Feller
    Here's another tight group of sailors, painted by Martin Feller.
    [​IMG]

Buck Surdu
    Like many a gamer and painter, I suspect, what really gets my juices flowing is a good conversion. I also like to see Hinterland minis recognized for their greatest VSF potential, which is why I've made the cavalry figures available without horses. Buck shows their potential with these Death Jaws-riding hussars. See more of them here: http://bucksurdu.com/blog/?p=1392

[​IMG]

Tom Hutchinson

[​IMG]

Tom threw his Hinterland cavalry miniatures into a VBCW fracas recently. I don't know where Hinterland would be without the currently very popular Very British Civil War genre.

Ray Rivers

[​IMG]

This great collection of Hinterland sailors was entered in the Lead Adventure Forum's, Lead Painters League VI, and is part of Ray's huge Egyptian Army, pictured below.
    [​IMG]
    Froggy

[​IMG]

Froggy, from the Lead Adventure Forum, is clearly the master of Hinterland conversions. To the left is a unit of Terror Bird-mounted Hussars, while the picture below highlights a tripod.

[​IMG]
    Greg Novak

[​IMG]

Greg sent these beautifully painted sailors, posing in their natural element.
    Parasol Prophet

[​IMG]

I haven't seen too many Command Groups yet (and, alas, haven't painted my own). This one, submitted by Parasol Prophet, is looking great in red and cream.

Dr. Mathias

[​IMG]

Dr. Mathias scratchbuilt a great steam carriage for the ladies, and entered the group in the Lead Adventure Forum's Lead Painter's League. There's some very fine conversion work in there as well.
    Curadh

[​IMG]

This is one of Curadh's entries in the fifth edition of the Lead Painter's League, at the Lead Adventure Forum. I like how the dark green of their uniforms contrasts with the tan grass at their feet.
    Buck Surdu

[​IMG]

This image is from the upcoming The GASLIGHT Compendium, by Christopher Palmer and Buck Surdu. This is the largest force of Hinterland minis I've seen so far.

Captain Blood
    This collection was painted by Captain Blood, who can be found by that name on many a historical miniatures forum.
    [​IMG]

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So, I have gotten my hands on the old AD&D Deities & Demigods, the one with the chapters about the Cthulhu mythos and Melnionéan mythos.

Ulicus likes this.
  7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Woot!

I love Cthulhu punching for SOME reason.

:)

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    So jealous...

Gamiel and Ulicus like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Moist charisma.

Gorefiend, CooperTFN, Kylun and 2 others like this.
  11. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    But which scent is canon? Mango? It's mango.

CooperTFN likes this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I had a Zuckuss one of those, and a couple of Jawas. They smelled different... Zuckuss was black raspberry IIRC. I had them on my bookshelf because they were actually pretty good air fresheners but they started to melt...

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

You of course had me at Zuckuss soap (though if I had it I would almost hate to use it!). :D I just checked out the Etsy shop—they still seem to have that one, as well as the Jawa. Tempting...!

EDIT: I should say that this was a much needed little smile for me, because I just found out that a friend of mine from college died after a long struggle with cancer and was feeling pretty down about it. So thanks, B_C. @};-

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If they make one for a Palpatine it should be a moisturizing lotion.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003

Actually, LAJ_FETT send me a PM about this earlier today. I'm tempted to buy one and leave it in my guest bathroom, just to hear peoples reactions! :p

--Adm. Nick

jSarek likes this.
  16. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Lin-Manuel Miranda joins Kingkiller adaption

Holy moly.... wonderful news
    [face_party][face_dancing][face_party][face_dancing]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Aw I'm sorry about that, Findswoman! :( Cancer is... argh. It's awful. Beyond words.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I bet Jello hates that from the name alone.

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Sad news. He was younger than I thought.

Gamiel likes this.
  21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
  22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I saw that earlier. That setup from almost 30 years ago is FINALLY paying off. :p

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
  24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
  25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    MercenaryAce likes this.