main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Maybe with a bit of conversion these would work:
    Depending on budget and numbers, could mix in these parts to make them more high tech

Gamiel likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There's not any real EU lore in it, so I dunno if it warrants a thread -- but the SW Force Arena game came out today. It's.... not very exciting, a pretty standard moba type game. I hate games that make you do multiplayer, and tedious pew pew even more so.

But there's fun characters from all over the NEU -- Marvel, Rebels, Rogue One, etc. I posted art of the Rebels characters in the Rebels thread. There's also Aphra and Evaan. Plus your classics like the Galactic Emperor, Tarkin, Vader, Luke, Leia, etc.

I want to try to unlock some of the non-movie characters to see their 3d art, so I'll play the game long enough to do that. But the game gave me Leia and Krennic as starting heroes, so I am at least happy to start with characters I like instead of being forced to play just to get a single character I want. I'm currently playing more as the Rebels because Leia's abilities really suit me, while Krennic seems almost entirely useless. So I guess he's perfectly in-character. :p

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I saw promotional art of Evaan Verlaine, which...awesome.

Kylun and MercenaryAce like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yup, Evaan and Aphra have featured prominently on the advertising. Pretty great. And their character portraits are super, too.

It's pretty wild that this is a thing.

[​IMG]

Kylun, Revanfan1, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  5. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    Either everyone I fight is really bad, or I'm inexplicably good at this game. My strategy of sending myself to my death over and over while the cards I employ do the real damage is surprisingly effective.

PvP is the Worst, but I didn't really find many issues so far. Kinda reminds me of the first couple weeks of Galaxy of Heroes before it got impossible to get a good daily ranking while being FTP.

I was hoping there would be more comic characters that hadn't been seen yet, but just Aphra and Evaan is already awesome.

Senpezeco and BobaMatt like this.
  6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In addition to characters, I like their choice for the tank mobs:
    [​IMG]

7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Is it possible to know the names of the artists working on the game's portraits?

8. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Also (and sorry about the double post), could we start a Force Arena Lit forum guild?

Taalcon likes this.
  9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Yes, this. Why have player characters at all?

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sure. I'll set one up.

Because they look rad and have awesome art.

I unlocked Thrawn so I can stop playing Rebels now. Thrawn is so very elegant -- striding through battlefields with one hand behind his back.

And I love seeing a grand admiral uniform and insignia in a glorious 3D model.

[​IMG]

Spoiler tagged for size.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Taalcon, jSarek, Ghost and 6 others like this.
  11. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    You already unlocked Thrawn? :eek:

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not very hard, you can trade Legendary cards every 6 hours. I traded Han and got Ezra and I traded Luke and got Thrawn.

I'm very lucky. I was hoping for Thrawn but it could've just been anybody.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Have any Kingdom Hearts fans in the social thread? I made a retrospective video on the second game with a friend. Watch, like and subscribe.

14. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Finally! New Stellaris Dev Diary:

Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris development diary. Today we'll be talking about a feature that was hinted at in last dev diary, Ascension Perks. Ascension Perks are related to the Traditions and Unity system, but is a paid feature in the (unannounced) expansion accompanying the 1.5 'Banks' update, rather than a part of the update itself. Those without the expansion will get full access to the Traditions and Unity features, but not to the Ascension Perks themselves.

Ascension Perks
    The idea behind the Ascension Perks is to provide more unique unlockable features for Empires, and to provide the player with the ability to determine an 'endgame' for their species: What their empire is striving towards. Perhaps your goal is to go all-in on AI, replacing the frail biological bodies of your pops with immortal machines, or to harness the psionic potential of your species and reach a higher form of existence, allowing your empire to tap into other planes of being? All these and more are covered by the Ascension Perk system.
    [​IMG]

Each time you complete a Tradition tree, you will unlock one Ascension Perk slot, of which there are 8 in total. There may also be other ways to unlock slots, such as from certain rare technologies or as a reward for a particular event chain. This slot can then be filled with any of the Ascension Perks available to you. The final number of perks is not yet set down, but there are currently more than 20 and there will likely be more added. Ascension Perks have pre-requisites, which can for example be a particular technology or tradition, a certain number of Ascension Perk slots to be unlocked, or a specific ethos or government type. Some Ascension Perks are one-offs that simply provide a bonus to a particular area of your empire: For example, a bonus to border range, or cheaper terraforming. Others unlock new features, such as the ability to construct new types of space structures (more on in later dev diaries).

Finally there are the three 'Species Endgame' paths: The biological path, the spiritual path and the synthetic path. These three paths each consist of two perks, the first of which unlocks access to the second once a number of other pre-requisites have been met. The paths are mutually exclusive, and once you start heading down one of them, the other two are locked off.
    • The Biological Path focuses on mastery over biological evolution. The first level of it gives access to more gene points and significantly cuts the cost of genemodding projects, while the second level expands the options available during genemodding in addition to further providing more points and less cost.
    • The Psionic Path focuses on developing the psionic potential of your population. The first level unlocks new psionic technologies and benefits, while the second level allows your empire to reach a higher level of existance and communicate with the beings present there.
    • The Synthetic Path focuses on the replacement of biology with machinery. The first level allows you to turn your population partly synthetic through the use of cybernetics, while the second level replaces your biological pops with robots, turning your empire entirely synthetic.
    [​IMG]

That's all for today! Next week we'll be talking about the concept of species rights and obligations.

Also about eating pops.

Gorefiend, Kylun and Vthuil like this.
  15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's been so long since I played stellaris that by the time I go back I'm going to have to learn a whole new game.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    There's a reason I've avoided full playthroughs until I feel like it's patched enough -- if I am going to start all over again anyway, might as well have a lot of new stuff.

Ulicus likes this.
  17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Is Ackbar & Raddus in the game?

--Adm. Nick

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No fishies in the game yet, though I bet they'll add characters.

Between Rebels, the OT, and R1, there are a lot of heroes already. I don't know how they'll do it -- possibly we'll see more support characters or regular troops first.

The Rebels have a lot of alien support troops -- Twi'lek resistance fighters, Gigorans, and... Talz berserker things (???).

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    This is an outrage, as Lott Dod would say. Mon Cals or bust.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody know why His Dark Materials count as New Weird? Because what I have read of HDM did it not really feel that new New Weird to me.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I wouldn't tag it as such. Counts as steampunkish science fantasy if anything, but it lacks the horror element to include it in New Weird.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That is part of the reason why I found it strange that it count as NW

Also, it always felt more dieselpunk then steampunk to me.:-B

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I have Sabine and Lando now, too. Sabine is awesome -- she pew pews and then leaps over everyone and shivs people. Also paint grenades.

So I'll use her when I have to play as Rebels. Otherwise, standing orders are to play as Thrawn.

Both very artistically-inclined characters I guess.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    GrandAdmiralJello What's our new guild's name (if it's already been created)? My handle is Culoph.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I didn't end up making the guild bc it costs 5k, and I'm using my credits on unlocks.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.