main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

you're unwise to low you're defense

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by al-mag-deon, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al-mag-deon

al-mag-deon Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    a jedi only use the force por defense

2. Darth_Ares-Lido

Darth_Ares-Lido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Another winner.

Anyways thats untrue. The best defense is of course a good offense and you cannot win a battle by defending. The Jedi do not engaged in needless combat, but if they must, such as the case of Darth Maul(among others), the QGJ and OB1 saw the need to destroy their enemy.

3. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    It is very true. No Jedi in the PT or OT agressively moves against any bad dude. They act only in defense of themselves or others. Obi Wan and Qui Gon duel Maul in order to defend the Queen and people of Naboo and i'm sure they'd much rather capture and question him rather than kill him. Though that's PT discussion.

Luke lowers his defenses in an effort to show Vader he doesn't want to fight him. Unfotunately Vader didn't follow this ideal at the time and Luke was quick enough to defend himself. Pretty self-explanitory i think.

4. al-mag-deon

Jun 8, 2005
    it is alsaw one of is flaws for to be a good jedi, he destroyd mace, or are we talking about the ways of the "dogma" jedi's

5. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm not too sure mate. You started the topic and it seems a little convoluted. Care to explain :confused:

6. al-mag-deon

Jun 8, 2005
    jedi were to be destroyed by the profecy as the sith lords...
    As an exemple are the words ofe yoda misandertandig the profecy we may have.
    The jedi's have become a too dogmatic religion while qui-gon-gin may have think a diferent think

7. al-mag-deon

Jun 8, 2005
    most of the jedi become arrogant

8. al-mag-deon

Jun 8, 2005
    are u afraid to said that jedi's are arrogant??

9. Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn

Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    First, Luke didnt feel 100% threatened by Vader. He knew that Vader didnt want to kill him, but to turn him. He was only defending himself after his little slip (trying to kill the Emperor).

What you have to remember is that everyone has a different style of fighting. Luke swung at Vader first in ESB without being provoked. In fact, Vader had no intention of fighting him, just freezing him in carbonite. Luke was young and jittery, he hadnt been in combat like that before. It doesnt mean he's evil because he attacked. In ANH, Obi-Wan turned on his lightsaber before Vader did also.

Also, yes, Anakin did kill Mace. But that was his turning point. That was not a showcase Jedi trait. Anakin isnt really a good example of a perfect jedi, he killed those Tuskens remember, and beheaded an unarmed (and unhanded) Dooku. Dont forget that Anakin turned evil.

---Yoda never says whether or not he buys the prophesy deal. he never says either way. its apparent he is familiar with it. In Menace he says to Obi-Wan: "The chosen one the boy may be, but grave danger i sense in his training. Disagree with me the counsel does on this matter. Your apprentence, the boy will be"
    So yoda doesnt care if this kid is chosen or not, hes against the training.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Since Luke turned out to be right about Vader, I think that particular line was Vader's way of telegraphing his move so he did not kill him right out. He was still trying to turn him to the darkside right up to the moment he learns that Leia is his daughter.

11. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    It is very true. No Jedi in the PT or OT agressively moves against any bad dude.

False.
    It's Luke that initates and openly attacks Darth Vader on Bespin. He doesn't even have any dialoge, just ignite, and attack.

12. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    Luke was walking on the Dark Side... well, just a little. "Watch that temper, mister!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.