main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Youthful Mistakes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KnightMara, Aug 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    They probably had to sign a waiver or there is a lengthy list of exclusions. More likely, Luke is in the High Risk Category and the premiums are hefty, with a high deductible. Probably not enough people on Tatooine for an HMO. I should ask my sister, she works for Premera Blue Cross.

See now I am literally cracking up. What do I care about medical insurance premiums? My husband's company pays for everything. Now if they would only pay the car, the house, the life...

I'll stop now. Back to our thread sponsor.

2. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    ROTFLMAO--Glad I was able to provide you with some fodder for jokes here, guys. I promise, there is much more to come. Although, it may not always be what you think.. . . . .

3. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    uh oh...

4. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    WOW! This is such a well-written story! This is officially my "find for the month". =) Perfect description, great subject matter (I was wondering when someone would get the bright idea of Luke-torture!) and I've always wondered what Luke's life was like on Tatooine.

Please keep writing; I will be anxiously awaiting new installments!

5. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    Maybe the GFFA has a single-payer system?

6. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    Just found this today (thanks for the link, JMMJ) and I LOVE it! I need more!

Sari

7. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    I'm thrilled that you're enjoying this, Sari! Don't worry, there's plenty more. This is developing into a full length serial here.

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hhehehehe, Insurance makes my head spin. . .

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Wheee, good, you said lots more!

More = good!
    More > No More!

Ahhh, It finnaly happened, I finaly used Star Craft gaming slang in a post here!!! Ahhh, you all probably don't understand! If you do.... wow.

Anyway, I guess what I was trying to say was I am happy that there will be alot more posts to come!

10. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Well, here's hopin' that you're happy, Wedge, 'cause I'm postin' more:

A half-hour later, Luke was gleefully perched atop the dewback with Windy who was trying his hardest not to enjoy himself as they rode across the desert.

"Isn?t this great?" Luke exclaimed.

Trying to appear as unaffected by their trip as possible, Windy shrugged. "I guess it?s all right."

The corners of Luke?s mouth curled upward at Windy?s feigned lack of interest. "How fast can she go?"

That sparked a reaction. Windy quickly turned back to look at Luke who rode behind him, and shook his head vigorously. "No, Luke. I?m not going to tire her out just because you want a little excitement in your life."

"But she wants to run," Luke argued. He reached down and patted the dewback?s scaly hide. "Don?t ya?, girl?"

The dewback seemed to rumble in agreement, but Windy continued to protest. "No way!"

Luke ignored him and kept talking to the dewback. "You want ol? boring Windy here to let you have a little fun, huh? Yes you do. Good girl."

"She?s a dumb, stupid animal! She doesn?t know what she wants!"

Luke began to laugh. "Relax, Windy," he giggled. "I seriously doubt that my telling her to run is going to make her?"

The beast suddenly lurched forward and began the dewback equivalent of a sprint, silencing both boys? arguments and forcing them to cling to her for dear life. As the wind whipped by his ears, Luke was actually impressed by the speed at which the large lizard was able to run. He had never seen a dewback at a gallop before, and he?d only been teasing when he?d pressed for speed, not realizing that she would actually be able to achieve quite a good deal of momentum out here in the open.

"I?m so going to kill you, Luke!" he heard Windy cry over the sound of the wind.

Luke chose to ignore his threat and called back, "Where is she taking us?"

Windy said nothing as he tried to identify their destination. Suddenly, he swore. "We?re heading for the Wastes, Luke!"

"What?"

"Hope you brought a survival pack," was Windy?s reply.

"Get her to turn around!" Luke?s voice rose to a panicky squeak as he surveyed the passing landscape.

"You made her run!" Windy snapped back.

Luke winced. "Not on purpose!"

Just then, the beast seemed to lose steam, and she began to slow down.

"She?s tiring out," observed Windy.

Luke grimaced. Leave it to Windy to state the obvious. "So now what?" he asked as the dewback slowed to a halt.

Windy gave him a clueless stare. "Don?t really know. Guess we let her rest up?"

Luke nodded and slid off the animal?s back. Windy started to follow, but Luke signaled for him to stay. "Just in case she tries to gallop again."

Windy cocked an eyebrow down at him. "Well, what makes you think I?d come back to pick you up if she did? Or if I could, even?"

Shading his eyes from the glare of the sun, Luke replied curtly, "My uncle would kill you if you didn?t."

Windy looked unimpressed. "Sith knows I?m terrified of Owen Lars," he muttered dryly.

Luke chose to ignore his comment and moved to stand by the dewback?s head. Placing a hand on the animal?s "snout," he murmured, "Easy, girl."

The dewback jerked her head and gave a loud, irritated snort, causing Luke to quickly yank his hand away.

From his perch, Windy laughed. "I don?t think she likes you all that much right now."

"Yeah, well I?m not too fond of her myself, either." He quickly moved to her side and climbed back up onto her back. "Let?s see if she?ll take us back home or if she wants to wander around in the Wastes for a while."

"Ugh," the other groaned. "Let?s just hope she doesn?t have a fondness for this place."

An hour later, the two sun-baked boys were still wandering about the Wastes on the back of a very independent dewback who appeared, in fact, to have a very distinct fondness for the place.

"Do you think she?ll ever turn around?" Luke grumbled.

"I don?t want to hear another word out of you, Skywalker,"

11. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    oh that was just as great as the others! MORE

and Wedge:

More = good! (more is good)
    More > No More! (more is greater than no more)

--all you need is some math skills...and i deserve a wow from you! :)

12. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Yay! Thank you, Vergere, for posting. I was getting nervous. And I'm already a wreck about getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow morning!
    Talk about your torture!

I don't know how soon I'll be able to post again (it all depends on how much pain I'm in), so wish me luck!

13. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    aww, good luck knightmara, ill keep you in my thoughts! maybe you can talk pain withh maramijade...she got her appendix out!

bye for now! ill be waiting for you!

14. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Hmm, are they going to knock you out when they do it or will you just be under that numbing thing thats takes the pain away (forgot the name...)? When I had mine takin out I was knocked out or whatever and it was cool cause they let me listen to a CD when i was going under.... I lisented to the ANH CD 2! :D When I woke up I was grogy and stuff but I didn't feal any pain (because they used that numbing stuff...) and I went in and out of sleep for the next 2 hours. If you are being knocked out (sorry, can't think of a better way of saying it... put to sleep sounds like death..) better have someone drive you home... but you probably already know that. I didn't ever really have any pain after but my teeth wern't as devoloped as your are.

Anyway, I guess I am just saying, don't worry... I've had like 5 filling operations this year, 10 fillings in all and my wisdom teeth were takin out... its wasn't that bad... just a weird feeling but you probably know about that.

Anyway, I hope all goes well. Nice addition to the story too. Wonder how they will get back...

15. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    hey wedge, where's my "wow", huh?

16. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    I'm supposed to get knocked out. All four are impacted, so it isn't going to be fun when I wake up. But that's what ibuprofen was invented for. Of course, it would be nice if I could stomach some Codeine or Lortrim or Darvoset. . .but alas, I can't. So Advil it is.

I'm not looking forward to living off of slimfast shakes for a few days, though.

But anyway, thanks Wedge and Vergere. I'll be sure to cook up a good post for you guys when I'm back in form.

17. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Knight Mara, I'm on. . . Vicodin, ehehehe I've got Codine. . . and boy do I need it.

didn't you just have teeth pulled?

Hey now you'll be able to sypahsize(sp? remember I'm on pain pills) with your students. Us teens seem to be having our wisdom teeth pulled a lot.

my sis had them out and she ate baby food, Jello(yuck), pudding and tapioca (uck). wait that was the stuff she had with Jaw surgery, but she had the same stuff with wisdom teeth.

Oh yeah I like that post, Poor Luke, the peeps don't like you huh? Well you'll show them. (How many were posted on the death star?)

18. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    LOL And I thought Obi-Wan attracted bad Luck. It seems that Luke has that tendency as well. Hehehe
    Great post, let's see some more!

19. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    I was going to have them pulled earlier, but there was a problem with my insurance. Now that it's been straightened out (finally) I can get them out. It's about time, too. They're starting to bother me.

Hopefully my lack of strong painkillers won't keep me out of commission for too long.

20. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    Ick... wisdom teeth... ick. I still have a few more years before I have to get mine done... I think. Goes to show why I feel like such a kid on this forum most of the time.

Serial eh? To quote a big, evil Sith: YIPPEE!

Sari

21. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Wow, Vergere. There you go!

22. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    thank you :)

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I somehow missed a whole day. *sigh* Well, here's a late 'Great Fun Post'.
    I will commiserate while you are at the dentist. See you later!

24. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    "I still have a few more years before I have to get mine done"

Wha? Its better to get them out before they have grown roots up into your sinuses or down into your jaw. I got mine out before they even broke through the gums and the problem with them wounldn't even exist untill I was 20. Unless you are like younger than 13 or something you should do it as soon as you can.

On the food note: I only had to eat Jello for 2 days, the 3rd day I had pizza! My mouth was still a little stiff but I ate solid food without alot of pain, Only problem, it would get up in the hole were the teeth were.

Anyway, sorry we(err, I) turned your story into wisdom tooth talk, KnightMara.

25. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Hehe, so did I, Wedge.

Actually, I am doing quite well, even without the painkillers. I was actually in and out in 45 minutes (to everyone's utter surprise), and I only have a very slight amount of swelling. One side of my jaw is really sore and stiff, but that's it. Plus the sympathetic pain coming from the other teeth. Of course, I've still been sleeping on and off for most of the day on account of the low grade fever I've been running (which they say is absolutely normal), but other than that, I'm doing really, really, really well. Superbly, actually! Not nearly as bad as anyone thought it would be.

So start expecting another post soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.