main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Youtube Compression

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Black_Chameleon, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Chameleon

Black_Chameleon Jedi Master star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Recently I've been trying to upload a video to youtube, when I render the video out it's crisp clear perfect quality, when I upload it to youtube it's all artifact looking, and generally unappealing, really seems like an injustice to the work put into the video. Anyhow, I've been watching videos on Youtube and noticing some that are really clear and it got me thinking that maybe there is a better way of compressing a video so that it translates onto youtube better. Has anyone had any success with this, and if so can you offer any suggestions as to a compression methid that would be best for uploading to youtube?

2. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Funnily enough, my best results on youtube, just in my limited experience, have been when I put it in Windows Movie Maker and export it as "best fit to (blank) MB" and then enter in 100 MB. Have you tried that?

3. bgii_2000

bgii_2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Do the compression with quicktime pro or SUPER, but save to a .flv file. YouTube doesn't list it as an accepted file type, but they'll take it. And they won't recompress it.

4. Black_Chameleon

Jan 9, 2004
    Both really good ideas, thanks alot guys, I'll try that when I get home :)

5. Black_Chameleon

Jan 9, 2004
    Hmmm when I try to do this the most it will let me make the file is 7MB =/

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/Black_Chameleon/compress.jpg]

Hmmmm tried this one out and came up with the same results. Youtube does accept the .flv files, but they compressed it to just as crappy as my first version.

6. Buzzdee

Buzzdee Jedi Master

Feb 1, 2003
  7. Black_Chameleon

Jan 9, 2004
    Thanks for all the help guys, but I think I've tried every compression setting possible and I still come out with a steaming pile of "YouCrap". I must be missing some key factor that is making my videos look like junk. Hmmm but what I wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.