main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You've heard of Han & Leia on wedding cakes, but what about Anakin & Padme?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by GR3, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GR3

GR3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    I've read in a few Star Wars Insiders and on TheForce.net several occasions where Star Wars fan-couples decided to put Han Solo and Princess Leia action figures atop their wedding cake, rather than the traditional bride and groom figurines. Have you heard of any, or do you think people will start putting Anakin and Padme atop their wedding cakeS?

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think that will happen, especially now since they have released the wedding action figures.

3. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Where can I find the wedding action figures?

4. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    If they were fans of the A/P love story.

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm not sure. It just doesn't seem to have the "Happily Ever After" feel to it. :p

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    It already has happened. Watch the "Triumph makes fun of SW fans in line" video.

Although if I were having an SW wedding, I would prefer Han and Leia to Anakin and Padme on my wedding cake; YodaJeff tells us why.

What WOULD be neat would be Vader and Padme. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    If I were to have a Star Wars wedding I would have Luke and Leia on mine. :)

What? There's nothing strange about that... ;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

8. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Luke and Leia? ?[face_plain]

You're a funny little boy... :p

9. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    What WOULD be neat would be Vader and Padme.

Now that would definetly funny; however, I would place bets on the longevity of the marrage :p

10. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Yeah Anakin and Padme would be dooming your marriage... :p

Luke and Leia on the wedding cake...I find your Wedding Cake disturbing. ;)

11. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Actually, Vader and Amidala on the wedding cake would probably say more than Anakin and Padme on the wedding cake. As YJ mentioned, Anakin and Padme do say something about the longivity of the marriage, but if you're one of the people who can imagine Vader still loving Amidala after all those years, and Amidala loving, and forgiving Vader, for becoming a Sith Lord and doing all those evil deeds, then it says something totally different altogether. That would be a wonderful marriage, one that could last all kinds of storms, and still survive eventually.

And I'd be envious! [face_love]

Luke and Leia...oh dear me, that's rather peculiar! :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    I actually think Anakin and Padme on the wedding cake would say plenty, and it would be entirely appropriate. :) It speaks of the enduring nature of their love....the fact that it transcends time and space, distance and whole galaxies, turmoil and tragedy....it's theirs, it's whole and it's pure, and no one can extinguish that brightly-burning, suffusing fire. It's all about the love that buoys you up when you think you might otherwise fall, without it....it's the boundless love, infinite compassion, sympathy and forgiveness that can salve a wounded soul, and mend a broken heart....and, moreover....it can bring a lonely, suffering, tormented soul back from the Dark. That's what their love is all about....it overcomes all obstacles....and in the end, it *does* bring them together, and they *are* as one again, at long last - no matter what else has transpired in the intervening time.

Anakin's overwhelming, empowering, transcending love allowed Padme to really live, to be free and have her *own* life at long last, everything she always wanted but never thought she could have....his love set her free, and made her truly happy at last. And Padme's sustaining, nurturing devotion and unwavering, flame-bright love for Anakin....it *saved* him, in the end - for it was Padme, working through Luke, who brought Anakin back to the Light. *Her* love called him back, brought him back to her arms....just as it always had, and always would. Over all those seemingly insurmountable, overwhelming odds, their love triumphed and they were borne together again at last....true love won out, just as it *always* does - and *that* is all that matters. Come what may, it's always about love....

Dawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.