main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You've Just Seen the Teaser - How good do you honestly expect Episode III to be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Nov 4, 2004.

?

You've Just Seen the Teaser - How good do you honestly expect Episode III to be?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. 100% Pure Star Wars

73.2%
  2. 99 - 95%

14.8%
  3. 94 - 90%

7.0%
  4. 89 - 85%

2.1%
  5. 84 - 80%

0.7%
  6. 79 - 75%

0.7%
  7. 74 - 70%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 69 - 65%

0.7%
  9. 64 - 60%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Less than 60%

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spare_Parts

Spare_Parts Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I voted 99-95%. There's just a small doubt in my mind it will go over the top in emotions and non stop action.

lol who voted for <60%? come on, own up and show yourself.

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    90-94% for me! People be realistic! A trailer with 3 lines of dialogue says nothing about this film! Yes it looks like it is good and fun and all but will the acting be good? Will the story be good? We've been disappointed in the past. If you people honostly think this will be better than the OT, fine, but I still see it as being a great film in the prequel trilogy that leads well into the far superior original trilogy.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Why does 100% SW mean it necessarily has to be better than the OT?

I would vote 100% for AOTC and 90% for TPM, so voting 100% for ROTS is not a stretch at all for me.

4. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Amazing trailer....100% PURE SW BABY!

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I would say it looks to be anywhere fom 90-95%. The only thing that I think will drag this film down for me is the use of CGI, which was prominant in the trailer. We shall see, though. Overall, it was a NICE trailer.

6. brooklynJEDI

brooklynJEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    wow when i saw chewie my eyes got watery! it feels like a dream!!!!!!!

7. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Loved the trailer. had some great preview scenes....

ROTS will be the best prequel yet...

8. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    My expectations for this film were that it was going to be stronger than AOTC and TPM before I saw the teaser. This was based on the type of story it had to be, what Lucas has alluded to the tone of the film, and the good things that the cast members have said about it.

After seeing the trailer, I feel very confident in this. People griped about the acting, the directing, and the script in the first two films. We know GL ain't that good at romance (or, "He's no Casanova" to quote NP) or kids' comedy, but AOTC thrived when it took on a more serious tone. HC was brilliant during the flashes of Anakin's dark side and EM embodied Obi-Wan perfectly in AOTC. All of the cast members have said that GL was much more hands on in directing this episode, along with giving them much more room to improvise and explore. In this trailer, we see anger, fear, betrayal, and lots of bad things happening. Because of the extreme situations, we also see much more emotions in each character-especially Padme.

Because of that, I'm going to say 100% Star Wars. Yeah, it's got a ton of CGI, but that's special effects these days-it ain't gonna change. Accept it for what it is, enjoy it for what you see. Where were all of these CG bashers whining when the LOTR warcraft-esque armies were fighting? CG's a tool, if it's used properly, it can integrate seamlessly. If it's leaned on as a crutch, then you can stump the actors who aren't prepared. Fortunately, both EM and HC said they were much more comfortable with the blue screen this time around.

9. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Considering how the cast in the OT have commented over the years about the difficulties of having to act next to guys in rubber masks, or trying to emote when confronted with a piece of white tape representing your home planet, I think things haven't changed so much for SW actors :)

The old films are crammed full of every single special effect possible, at the time. Same with the new ones.

"No! No different! Only in your mind."

10. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    When I first saw the BTH pic of Sidious's lightsaber, I was very worried and dissapointed by the prospect that we may see the Sith Lord weilding it in a fight. However, after seeing that finished shot in the trailer, my fears have been quelled. That shot looks just too darn cool and creepy to think that it will do anything but enhance the character! [/o]

So even though it goes against everything we know about the character it will turn out well because it "looks cool"?

!snap

11. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    How does it go against anything we know of him?

What DO we know of him till this point?

- He's been in the shadows for a very long time
    - He wants revenge on the Jedi
    - He has a impressive influence on the Republic

Insert the RotS fight where he'll probably fight a Jedi

- He becomes the Emperor and disbands the Senate altogether
    - He wants Vader to destroy or turn Luke
    - He wants to turn Luke himself
    - He mocks the Jedi (having beaten them and all)

Where does the fight not fit in with what we know of him ?

12. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    It is the fact that he is a mastermind. He has never revealed himself in action even once. Palpatine is the puppetmaster of the Star Wars movies, that's why the saber sequence does kind of go against his character.

13. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    No, I don't think it has to be out of character. In ROTJ both Yoda and Vader make references to just how dangerous Palpatine is:

"Do not underestimate...the powers of the Emperor..."

"I MUST obey my Master..."

Now, obviously Palpatine wields amazing political power, but those statements to me are an indication that he also has tremendous personal power. I had originally hoped that his personal power would not include a saber, but a half second clip gives me the sense that it might be very good.

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I finally got shivers after rewatching the trailer today signalizing that I love it. Now I want to see it on the big screen!

15. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I'm twice as excitied as I was before. I love the darkness of ESB, so I know I am going to love this movie. :)

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'm going to the Incredibles this afternoon, hoping that the theatre will be carrying "Sand Dogs", I mean ROTS.

I've heard it's even better on the big screen.

17. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Me, too. I'm going to take my little brothers and sisters in about an hour. I also enjoyed reading about the audience reactions on the front page of TFN. I wonder what it will be like? I mentioned to a couple of people at work that a Star Wars trailer was coming out, and they kind of laughed and said "I hope it doesn't suck as much as the last movie." Hopefully this trailer will suck people back in.

18. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Star Wars is always 100% Star Wars. OT, PT, SET, ALL OF IT IS STAR WARS AND those complainers should DEAL with it, grow up, and be adults.

19. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    So where was Grievous in the trailer? I saw nothing that looked like him. Or at least the art of him.

Overall the trailer was horrible. Ep. III will be 0% SW.

20. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Blasphemer.

21. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Star Wars is always 100% Star Wars. OT, PT, SET, ALL OF IT IS STAR WARS AND those complainers should DEAL with it, grow up, and be adults.

Thank you for putting it how it is. I love you :)

Frankly, I'm sick of "fans" complaining about the story and acting. THE PREQUELS HAVE ONE OF THE MOST ELABORATE AND COMPLICATED PLOTS EVER. But nooooooo, people have to pass that off for "shallowness" because they'd rather suck up to Vin Diesel and Will Smith than use their brains.

And the acting... obviously you are not a fan if you complain about the acting in a Star Wars film.

22. Kebis

Kebis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    When I first saw the trailer on my computer, I wasn't that impressed. But then I saw it in the theater before The Incredibles and I had goose-bumps the entire time! Now it been 24 hours and I'm still hyped up just as much. Nothing better than seeing Star Wars on the big screen! When can we start lining up?

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Boo-urns.

No ROTS trailer for the Incredibles - did get to see the trailer for "Son of Mask", which will be the worst movie of all time. [face_sick]

Incredibles was quite incredible though. Not usually a huge fan of animated films, but I quite enjoyed it.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    "Star Wars is always 100% Star Wars. OT, PT, SET, ALL OF IT IS STAR WARS AND those complainers should DEAL with it, grow up, and be adults."

I agree with this on the most part. So far I love all five Episodes equally, as do I love the Clone Wars cartoon. I won't say I'm gonna love ROTS. I really HOPE I will enjoy it as much as I enjoy the previous Episodes.

Also, DON'T grow up and be adults!

I'm really happy I enjoyed the Teaser this time. It finally gave me shivers.

25. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I think that ROTS is going to be the best. :D After seeing this, I literally cannot wait to see the movie in theaters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.