Ysanne Isard

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by gaiatha, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi :)

I couldn't find a thread about the red imperial lady so... ;)

I started to think about that costume for Celebration 3. The "imperial officer FAQ"-thread was absolutly inspiring. Thanks :)

But a problem came to my mind:
    In all the comics her uniform has no pockets on the jacket for the code cylinders. Did anyone of you make the costume and added the pockets?

I want to use this pattern. What do you think about it? :)

Thanks so far :)
  2. surlygirlie Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That pattern looks like a good start -- it will need a little changing here and there, but is a really solid jumping off point. :)

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have an Isard costume :D We should meet up at CIII :D

That pattern looks like an excellent start. In all the pictures I've seen her, her uniform is always different. I would make the typical imerial tunic, with the pockets, but no rank cylinders or bar. I don't think she wore one.

Also the pants should be straight trousers, I think that Ysanne is vain enough she wouldn't wear those unflattering jodpurs.

And knee high boots or dress shoes would be the way to go. I've seen her in both.
  4. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That would be cool! Maybe we can group a few Ysards that would look scary :D :p

I thought about no pocket+no bar or pocket+bar lol :p
    But I think I will stay with version one... so I don't have to worry about the rank bar ;)

But I totally agree about the trousers.

I will post pics of my fabric in a few days. Do you have pics of your costume online? :)
  5. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Not online, and I'm actually working a bit on it. My body shape has changed since then and I'm needing to readjust the fit. And since it's so tailored it's a bit pain in the petuty. But I'll let you know when its done and I've got pictures up!

And out of curiosity, how do you plan on doing the hair. I've got a wig, but I hate it. :( I've been thinking about just dying my hair black anyways.
  6. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Have either of you thought of doing the version in the "Guide to Characters" book? I really like that one the best. It's got a seperate looking panel down the front of the jacket. I made a black imp officer costume and used that pic as a model. I also can either wear mine with pants or a knee length business suit-looking black skirt that I made. I thought it might be fun to be able to switch the parts up once in a while. I may just make the red version of this costume eventually. My problem with the hair is kind of the opposite. Mine is black, but I am hesitant to bleach out some of the front to get the look.
  7. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I was thinking of using white hair mascara. It might look a little clumpy, but with careful aplication it may be something to think about.

I've also thought about doing a skirt. Since you don't see any female officers in the actual movie, it's possible that they do wear skirts.
  8. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Finally I have a fabric I like. I had trouble to find the right fabric with the right color. In the end I bought fabric and dyed it. I will start sewing this evening :D

I'm also not sure about what to do with my hair. I don't want to dye it and I don't want to cut it... but a wig always looks to much like a wig LOL :p
    I bought colored hair lacquer but haven't tried it yet.

Since you don't see any female officers in the actual movie, it's possible that they do wear skirts
    I agree with that. Nice idea :)

Do you wear lenses with the costume? :)
  9. Benae_Quee Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been wanting to do am Imp costume for a while and I think I may do this one. It's not the basic Olive or Black that I always see. I don't know what I'll do with my hair, I don't want to dye it because of what the chemicals can do to my already dry hair. I hate wigs, but I think I may have to go that route. Maybe I'll just keep my color and go as regular Imperial Intelligence instead ;)
  10. Marianne_Solav Jedi Master

star 2
    Mine:
    Ysanne Isard

I used a business suit pattern and added a panel on the front that hides the zipper I used to close the jacket. I didn't do the pockets for the cylinders and the pants are straight.
    A friend made the rank bar for me so I'm thinking of using velcro to fix it to the jacket next time I wear it.

I used hair dye in spray (black and white), but my hair felt like those SOS pads to scrub pots and pans and it made a mess when I showered it off! And the 'white' was more gray than white as you can see on that picture:
    See, bad!

I had a black belt with a silver belt buckle, but I will probably order a bigger one and add the round pin thingie in the middle of the buckle like the other Imperial officers.
  11. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, when I dyed my hair like that it turned pretty gray instead of white. I've been looking into wigs, and I think I'm going to go with a black styled one and just sew a little bit of white hair into it. Then style that.

Gaiatha, I wear one colored contact lense that has seen better days (probably should buy a new one anyways now). I don't need to wear a contact for the other eye (other than to correct my vision) as I've got freakishly blue eyes already. :)
  12. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Marianne_Solav
    Even with grey hair it still looks great! Pretty good work :)

wear one colored contact lense that has seen better days
    Defenitly sounds like you should get a new one. You don't have to ruin your eyes for a costume ;)

13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    For those of you with dark hair, how about using white hair extensions?
  14. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That might work... I also found the ben nye make theatrical hair coloring. They have a white highlite one that would probably work very well. I'm thinking about ordering small bottles of it :)

Ah, and the contact lense hasn't been worn in a while. It says it has a life of four years, its three now, but since my perscription has changed I may just get a new one now :)
  15. StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've used the Ben Nye hair color before, and didn't have very good results. (Of course, having some theatrical make-up experience would probably have had better results...) What I found worked much better for me (and takes less time to put in) are Glam Strips from Manic Panic. They have a pure white isn't available in the online shopping area, but you can order over the phone.

Examples of the two: http://www26.brinkster.com/leiacost/gallery/rogue.html

Middle row (X2 fundraiser) is with the Ben Nye, bottom picture (DragonCon) is with the Glam Strips ("bombshell" color).
  16. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks for the review :) You can see a big difference between the two.

BTW, great costume :D
  17. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I don't have any costumes on the horizon that are Star Wars related, I realized I needed something for CIII other than my Biker Scout. I'm sick of being Padme when not in my Scout costume, so I retired those.

My boyfriend thought this would be a great costume for me, so I'm going to start working on it. My hair will be grown out past my shoulders by CIII, and I'm going to do the streaks myself and dye them back when I get home from CIII.

As for the pattern, I'm going to use the Officer FAQ and start from there.
  18. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Group picture!!! :D

I have to finish my costume for saturday because I want to walk in a parade with it.

I'm going to use white hair spray. I'll tell you how it worked ;)
  19. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to start putting it together sometime this week, and I'm shooting to have it done by the end of March. As I do everything, I'll post pictures :)

We should have a group picture, for sure. There was a girl at Dragon Con this past year with this costume, and she looked great!
  20. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    BellaSabrina, fabulous icon btw... you've got excellent taste ;)

I haven't started on mine yet. For two reasons. One, I'm droping weight like crazy, so I'm going to wait until closer to CIII to make this. And two, I've got no time!!! I've got so many sewing projects going at once it's insane.

However I think a group picture would be great. Any Admiral Thrawns that we could get to come too?
  21. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Jedi Girl ;) You have excellent taste too!

I'm in the process of losing weight for a wedding I have on April 15th, so if I need to make alterations, I'll have to do that. But, I have to actually dye my hair back to it's original color so I can do the grey for CIII and not have to worry about ruining my strands. I like to wait about two to three months in between hair color projects.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I don't really want to go for the dye as I've already color treated my hair to the point where people think it's my original color (I love being a redhead :D ). So I'm going to stick with the less damaging method.

I can't wait to see everyone else's Isard costumes though :D It'll really cool.

BTW, is that YOUR wedding you're losing weight for??
  23. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi girls :)

I haven't seen a Admiral Thrawn costume yet but maybe we are lucky. That would be soooo cool :D

It was a little stressy but I made it to finish the costume for saturday. And it was a great day besides "cold" has a new definition now :p
    Here is a picture of our group . Where is Ysanne? ;) I will post better pictures when I have them. :)
    Well, my hair turned out a little greyish as mentioned before but well. Maybe I will give false hair a try...

:)
  24. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I see you!

Little small to see any details :p But I've used what you've used in your hair before and mine turned grey too.
  25. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Gaiatha, you look great!!

Jedi Girl, it's not my wedding. LOL. It's actually my boyfriend's brother's wedding. He's the best man, so I have to get a really nice dress so I don't look like a bum while he's in a tux. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.