main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ysanne Isard

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by gaiatha, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Have fun! I just love going to weddings, although I get all sobby and stuff and go home and watch Meg Ryan movies over and over.

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    We just got the invitations today, and I hustled my butt off working out. LOL.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Got most of my tunic pattern done. I also found a trouser pattern laying around. Now I just have to decide if I want to wear shoes or boots. Hmmm...

4. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Hey! I know I hardly ever post here but that's because I am not much of a sewer so I can contribute very little. On the topic of hair, I also did a Rogue costume and I found that little hair clips worked really well. I found blonde hair on wefts at Sally's Beauty supply and these great little clips that stayed super well. I sprayed the blonde hair white but you can order real white online, I just was pressed for time. Sewed the hair weft right to the clip and it worked out really well for me.

This is an awful pic of me and bear in mind, it was just a very simple costume, nothing fancy, but here is what it sort of looked like: Link

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I've seen pictures of your costume before, great getup :) And thanks for the tip on the hair clips. What I am going to do, is get a monofilament wig and clip those hair things in and hope it works. I'm going to be spending a bit on the wig, but monofilament is the best you can get, it doesn't even look 'wiggy'.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Found a monofilament human hair wig for $60. It should be here in a few days. I'm going to bleach the front parts white and that should be it! :)

7. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm the only one doing the hair for real?

Is anyone doing the contacts as well?

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, I'm doing contacts too. Well at least one colored one.

The reason I don't want to dye my hair black is because my complexion is so pale I don't want to look gothic the entire time I'm at the con. I love my red hair!!!

When I get my wig I'll post pictures of it so you can see what it looks like. :)

9. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm pretty pale too, but my natural color is dark brown, not black. But, I plan on doing the front white. I just have to find something that won't irritate my scalp, as mine is very sensitive. I might have to wig it after all :(

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I really like clarol. They tend to have pretty gentle stuff. You could also try those natrual type dyes. They may be less harsh too.

My sister is pasty too, and she had natural platnum blond hair, you couldn't really tell where her hair started. She ended up going gothic and dying her hair a blue black, beautiful color, it worked really well on her. However I just spend two hours with her at the hair dressers as they were stripping the color out of her hair. Now its just one big orange fuzz ball.

11. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I'm doing contacs as well :)
    And I need two colors because my eyes are green... ;)

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    My eyes are green as well. So I definitely need two contacts.

I bought my pattern last night, and unfortunately, the material that my boyfriend had was the wrong color....but the correct material. So, I thought I'd have everything cut out and ready to sew by the end of the week, but it looks like I need to make a fabric run.

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    So I'm the only one with natural blue eyes? I like green eyes though, wish I had that color.

I'm still waiting for my fabric to get here. Got a steal off the trimfabric website so I can only hope that it was well worth my money.

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    The fabric my boyfriend had five yards of was more of a plum than a red. :(

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    That's ok. My first Isard costume was a really dark red. I think it is more important that the color look good on the person wearing it than just getting the colors right. So if the color works, go with it :)

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I lost 8 pounds!!!! I wanted to share that with my fellow Isard clones :)

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Way to go girl! I know how hard it can be. I've lost some recently, but not as much as I would like as I hurt my knee and need to take it easy :(

Got my wig today though. It is PERFECT! Best $60 I ever spent.

18. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I might have to purchase the wig for Dragon*Con, if I go. I have another costume I'm doing that I am cutting my hair for, so the wig might have to be bought after all.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    This is the wig I got. It's an excellent deal. Human hair (so it's really easy to style) and a monofilament part, so it looks natural. I really like mine, best wig I've ever bought. And I was worried the hair would be a bit coarse, but it's really fine and silky.

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    What color did you get? I see there's a bunch of color combos but no description.

21. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I got color 1. It's pure black.

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Sarah, how much did you spend on your material? Did you use wool gabardine? I found the perfect red, but it's $9 a yard.

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I found mine at Trim Fabric. It was 5 1/2 yds pre cut washable wool gaberdine. I think it was around $30.

The only problem with Trim Fabric is you really have to hunt for it. But they've got a $5 discount for your first order. Paid for my shipping :D

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm having problems finding the material for this. I went to many places today and had NO luck. I only found one place online and it was $9/yard.

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    You can try this you would have to interface it because it's stretchy, but it may work...

This is linen, but it may work.

I hope that helps you. I'm feeling really lucky at the deal I got now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.