Ysanne Isard

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by gaiatha, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin
  1. DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling

star 3
    [color=660099][link=http://www.destinyfroste.addr.com/jedi/cimage/yieyes.jpg]My mom cannot even look at me without cringing :D[/link][/color]
  2. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
  3. BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Destiny, you look awesome! Katie sent contacts, but I haven't had time to go and get saline and a case. As soon as I do that, I'll attempt to put these suckers in.
  4. Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Marie, have you worn contacts before? I really recomend seeing an eye doctor to show you how to insert and remove those, the last thing you want to do is ruin your vision for costuming. Getting them in is easy, getting them out is a little tricky sometimes (especially if your eyes are dry). Eye drops are my eye's best friend.
  5. BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've never worn contacts before, I don't need them. I'm taking what Katie sent me to Lens Crafters on Tuesday to get their expertise. I won't be using them for CIII, though.
  6. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Good luck! I remember learning how to wear contacts. I had the worst trouble getting them in and out. Then when they were in I felt like something was on my eye. Now sometimes I forget to take them out because they're so comfortable!

The trick I learned is to fixate on a spot with your eye as you put it in and take it out. Get used to touching your eyeball. Eventually you can stop using a mirror. I just pop them out, or I stare at my finger as I'm putting them in. Sounds weird, but it works :)

Also a strange question... do you think Isard has a british accent? Should I brush up on mine and use that while I'm in costume?
  7. gaiatha Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thanks for the kind words on my costume :)

JGoC the cotume looks absolutly great! Good work! I love the red. Really nice. Our group will be an eyecatcher :D

An the contacts look so scarry. The red eye seams to be hughe :p
  8. BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm such a chicken when it comes to anything with my eyes. When I get an eyelash stuck in there, I hate touching my eyeball. I think all of those horror stories I've heard about contact lenses have me a little scared to even TRY. LMAO.

9. HothGirl Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I heard the horror stories too...but I got really sick of wearing glasses for sports (had glasses since I was four). And I found out that the horror stories, many times, were exaggerated. :p

It does take some practice though...I had a really hard time getting them in and out when I first started.
  10. Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was the same way. Once I got used to poking myself in the eye, I never notice it anymore. Sometimes I forget to take mine out too, they really are comfy.
  11. gaiatha Jedi Knight

star 5
    So I better don't tell you the story when I excidently cut my eyeball with a fragment of a broken glass bottle, hum?!

:p

I had colored lenses before. No red, but I had no problem putting them on. I hope that didn't change. ;)
    Going to buy them somewhen next week, maybe I have to order them... hope this all works before C3.
  12. ThePariah Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Did I hear someone mention horror stories? [face_whistling]

One of my freshman suitemates nearly went blind in one eye when she got a tiny piece of lint behind her contact lens (from working in a clothing store) and then rubbed her eye--the pressure caused the lint to cut her cornea and bacteria from her lens gave her a nasty infection.

All I can say is, don't rub your eye if you feel something get behind your lens and do everything possible to keep your contacts squeaky clean!

*scurries off*
  13. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I keep mine pretty clean. I've also got the disposable ones so they get tossed every two weeks. Keeps bacteria from growing.

14. BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *closes eyes*

Next weekend, the sewing begins :) :) :)
  15. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Got my contact lense today!! The lense is a bit thicker than the ones I'm used to, so I'm going to have to start wearing this one to get used to it so I'm not going nuts at CIII.

Good luck with the sewing!
  16. veritasuk Jedi Padawan

star 4

LOL, do think Isard has a British accent? Well this one does.
  17. gaiatha Jedi Knight

star 5
    She can also have a German accent ;)

So, do we what to decide at least on which day we are going to wear the costume?
  18. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nuthin wrong with that. I was just wondering because all the other Imperial officers have one :D
  19. veritasuk Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOL. thats because the Imperial acadamy is actually Eton!

Well I'm up for what ever day suits every one else for en-masse cloning.
  20. BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just let me know which date you're planning to do it. I won't be at any of the parties though.
  21. DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling

star 3
    [color=660099]NEW PICTURES!!!!!! 501st asked for some high res shots, so I donned the costume once again (after some needed improvments and here are the pictures:

[link=http://www.destinyfroste.addr.com/jedi/cimage/YIF.jpg]Front shot[/link]
    [link=http://www.destinyfroste.addr.com/jedi/cimage/YIL.jpg]Left side shot[/link]
    [link=http://www.destinyfroste.addr.com/jedi/cimage/YIR.jpg]Right side shot[/link][/color]
  22. BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Destiny, you look great!! Mine should be finished by next week :)
  23. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So question for you guys. I'd love to get together and have a group shot. I also have a friend who is dressing up as Corran Horn. He is amazing!! Anyways, he'd really like to get a picture with all us 'clones'. It's be really cool.

Would you guys be up to that? He'd need to do it during the beginning of the week sometime since he's doing several Corran Horns but he progressivly dyes his hair, shaves his beard etc...
  24. BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, I am definitely willing to do it! iycis and I are going to wear our Imperial Officer costumes the same day, I just forget when she wanted to wear it. I also want to wear my Isard for the 501st pictures since I'm not bringing my Scout Armor.
  25. iycis Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I wanted to wear my officer's uniform for the 501st picture too which is Saturday morning. I think I'll wear that most of the day. It's great that there are so many imp officer women. This is my costume: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/iycis7/detail?.dir=ef43&.dnm=5892.jpg&.src=ph

Although I'm not the one wearing it. I had someone else model it for the pic.
Moderators: Briannakin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.