main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yub Nub, Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by PrincessTinian, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessTinian

PrincessTinian Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002
    Hello music lovers! I was curious as to the all-around reactions/preferences for the original and special edition Ewok songs at the end of ROTJ.

Personally, I like them both. The old one makes me want to dance, and the newer one makes me cry. Consequently, I have to decide what mood I would like to end my viewing of the trilogy each time I watch it.

Any thoughts on the subject would be great. :)

2. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Same here, I always do some sort of dance for the original. I feel that the Speial Edition Music goes better with the 2004 DVDs.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    HELL NO. I hate the Yub Yub song. Victory Celebration on the other hand is simply brilliant and really caps the saga.

4. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Yub nub, ee chop, yub nub! :D
    I love "Yub nub"! 'Victory Celebration' is a bit too feel good new ageish for me, and it doesn't meld properly with the end titles. I'd prefer neither, and have the 'saga' end with a choral rendition of the 'Force theme', which would be more fitting IMO.

ttbk

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    All the other Ewoks music is a hundred times better than Yub Nub
    I don't know what GL and JW were thinking in 82/83 (how late did they record RotJ back then?)

6. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I like Yub!Nub! It is supposed to be a celebration and, the Ewok music fits the scene- ewoks doing cartwheels and everyone is happy because the Empire has been defeated. The SE music isn't awful, it also goes with the scene, but I like Yub Nub better.

7. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I think they should've used both. The scene should start with the Yub Nub song while the Ewoks are dancing, then when Luke moves over to see the ghosts of the Jedi it should have switched over to the SE music with the rising voices and SW themes.

8. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I like the new ending better. However Yub Nub is good for collecting and to laugh at like my brother does

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I don't mind the original at all, but "Victory Celebration" is a great improvement, one of the best SE changes.

And I could swear we had a poll on this, but I can't find it. Maybe it's over in Census...

10. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Either way, the grand conclusion to this sprawling six part space epic has teddy bears dancing around a fire.

But ultimately I'll go with "Ewok Celebration". It doesn't sound totally out of place, like the "Lion King" inspired "Victory Celebration", and it doesn't accompany dancing Mon Calamari. It also finishes on the right note to segue into the end titles, something "Victory Celebration" does not do.

Neil

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Doesn't sound out of place? God the Ewok Celebration is the most out of place sounding thing in all of the O-OT...

12. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    GK edit: nope.

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Haha noob.

Anyway...ugh, I really dislike Yub Nub. Victory Celebration is a great 'cap' to the saga, IMO.

14. Neil_S_Bulk

Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Doesn't sound out of place? God the Ewok Celebration is the most out of place sounding thing in all of the O-OT...

The "Ewok Celebration" is source music. It's as out of place as the "Cantina Band" cues. It's very obvious that it's Ewok music though. The new "Victory Celebration" is underscore and not source music and it doesn't sound like anything else heard in the rest of the films. That's why it's out of place.

Neil

15. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    "Yub Nub" is too much like a bad rendition of "Fraggle Rock" for my taste. I think that in this case, the special edition music was indeed an improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.