main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Yub, Yub. ******* First Sentence Challenge (Wedge, Wes) ********

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    The Challenge: First Sentence Challenge
    Title: Yub, Yub.
    Author: Kidan
    Characters: Wedge, Wes
    Timeframe: Between Isaard's Revenge and Starfighters of Adumar
    Notes: Usual Disclaimers. If you?ve not visited First Sentence Challenge then I suggest you do so.

[b]Yub Yub[/b]

As he moved through the cold inky blackness of the room, he tensed at the realization that he was not alone. He is not entirely certain how he knows that he is not alone, but he feels it deep within his bones. It could have been something as simple as a shuffle of a foot, or even just the fact that the ambient temperature is higher than he expected. He pushes those concerns from his mind. Distraction can get him killed. He reaches down his hand resting on the handle of the blaster, his fingers touching, playing with the snap for the strap holding the blaster.

His eyes ached at the strain of trying to see, and he takes a few steps backwards. He brushes against the door, and frowns when it does not open. The slap of flesh against the control panel rings loudly in the silent room as his hand punched against the light switch. When the lights refuse to come on, his frown deepens.

His hands drift towards his holster once more, unsnapping the strap holding his blaster in the holster. He strains his eyes even more, as he slowly slides the gun out. The sound of the metal blaster sliding out of the leather holster sounds strangely loud in the dark room.

The sound of scampering feet comes to him out of the darkness, and he slides to the left, making himself a moving target, while keeping his back against the wall.

He sighs, as he realizes he?ll need to get into the middle of the room to get to the windows controls. He takes a step and stops, listening.

No sound.

Another step.

Scampering feet again and he can feel something furry and about waist high brushing against his leg.

He spins, and twists. Trying to figure out what it was that brushed his leg.

Scampering feet, and that something furry against his leg again. Then stubby fingers grab his flight suit and pulls, and he stumbles forward. He aims his blaster where he thinks it is, but the hand disappears, and the sound of scampering feet rings loudly.

Silence. Interrupted only by the pounding of his heart.

He takes a step towards, the windows again.

A voice, guttural, deep. ?Goopa! Coatee yub nub. Glowah-doo.?

Ewokese? He growls, as he spins again.

The voice again, this time saying ?Beecha wawa!?

Wedge aims in the direction he heard the sound from, and pulls the trigger. The blaster bolt flashes bright red in the black room, slamming against the wall. Sparks highlight the room for a second, before it plunges into darkness once more.

?Karvak!? Wedge grins as he recognizes the ewokese curse.

The acrid smell burnt metal stings his nose, as he glances left and right, color spots dancing in front of his eyes.

He walks the rest of the way to the windows, and punches the button to open them. The bright light of midday on Coruscant shines in, and he winces. The sound of scampering feet, and Wedge twists and drops, his blaster tracking the sound.

His eyes narrow as he sees what it is. A droid. One side covered in short wiry fur. It?s grasping arm wearing a ewok glove. Attached to the front of the droid is a datapad.

Wedge?s eyes narrows, as he steps towards the now immobile droid, and grabs the datapad off the metal chest. As soon as he pulls the datapad away, the droid reactivates and bolts from the room. The droid?s voice drifts back to him from the hallway. ?Begoopa.?

Wedge glances that way for a moment, his face dark. Then he turns his attention back to the datapad. He activates it, and hears a growl as Wes?s face appears on the screen of the datapad. Looking around, he realizes that he is the one growling.

On the video Wedge watches as Wes throws a salute, a sloppy grin plastered on his face.

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! [face_laugh] this is so like those boys! :) as soon as I saw "Yub, Yub" in the subject heading, I knew it had to be good :D

3. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    hehehe wedge shot wes that was halirious

great response

=D=

4. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    That was wonderful! I needed a good laugh like that! Feel sorry for the blonde, but at least she can go through his pockets for holocab fare. ;)

5. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Ha, that was great! :D

6. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    SWpants666
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! [face_laugh] this is so like those boys! :) as soon as I saw "Yub, Yub" in the subject heading, I knew it had to be good :D
    :D I was hoping the funny would come out....thanks for reading!!

frankieskywalker
    hehehe wedge shot wes that was halirious
    hehe...I thought it funny as well...

great response
    Thanks!!

"=D="
    :D

RebelGrrl
    That was wonderful! I needed a good laugh like that! Feel sorry for the blonde, but at least she can go through his pockets for holocab fare. ;)
    Thanks!! I'm glad I provided some well neeeded funny.....and ya, you do feel sorry for the blonde, but on the plus side, she doesn't have to put up with Wes' advances now.....:p

princess_of_naboo
    Ha, that was great! :D
    :DThanks!!!

7. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    OH. MY. GOSH. I. CAN. NOT. BREATH. That was awesome. The ending was perfect! So unlike Wedge...but I bet he'd snap and stun him sooner or later (probably sooner). [face_laugh] This is great... poor blond.

8. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wedge grins, and Wes takes an involuntary step back. ?You?re entertaining I see.?

Wes glances at the blonde behind him. His reply is hesitant, ?Yes.?

?Not anymore.? In a smooth motion, Wedge pulls his blaster and triggers a blast, the blue rings of a stun bolt slam against him, as the blonde screams. He crumples to the ground falling backwards into the room. Wedge smiles down at him for a moment.

?Yub, yub Wes.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

What goes around, comes around Wes ol' boy. You should have seen that one coming...:p

Very entertaining Kidan. I'm going to keep this around for when I need a pick me up.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    See kids, that's what practical jokes get you! ;) :p

That was hilarious Kidan. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    my poor Wes!!!!!!!!!:_| You shot him!!!!!!!! What are you thinking????

okay no really this was hilarious!

great job!

meg

11. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Arwen_Djo
    OH. MY. GOSH. I. CAN. NOT. BREATH. That was awesome. The ending was perfect! So unlike Wedge...but I bet he'd snap and stun him sooner or later (probably sooner). [face_laugh] This is great... poor blond.
    :DGlad you enjoyed it...and I think it is like Wedge...at least the Wedge that has been pushed too far...remember what he did to Wes with the ewok...[face_laugh]...and yeah...the poor blonde...

Lola64
    "[face_laugh] [face_laugh] "
    :D:p

What goes around, comes around Wes ol' boy. You should have seen that one coming...:p
    yes he should have....

Very entertaining Kidan. I'm going to keep this around for when I need a pick me up.
    Thanks! Stalker!Mine...i'm thrilled that its gone over so happily....

Healer_Leona
    See kids, that's what practical jokes get you! ;) :p
    but they're still fun....

That was hilarious Kidan. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Thanks Leona!!!! And I'm actually working on a special surprise for you......

mastermeg_0228
    my poor Wes!!!!!!!!!:_| You shot him!!!!!!!! What are you thinking????
    :pI was thinking it was funny....but at least it was a stun bolt....

okay no really this was hilarious! great job!
    Thanks!!! I was hoping that what I thought as funny what be found that way by other usesr here...

12. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was hilarious [face_laugh]

I love Wedge and Wes...and this was great....

FL @};-

13. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Flowerlady]
    That was hilarious [face_laugh] I love Wedge and Wes...and this was great....
    Thanks!! Like i've told others, I was going for the funny....:D

14. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    those two are soo nuts 8-}
    Beecha wawa
    yubyub
    and keep it up

~ Mags ~

15. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005