main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Yub yub, Major! - FINISHED 02/29 ... Epilogue - Honeymoon fashion disaster (Wege/Iella)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    What do you get when you mix Rogue Squadron, an upcoming wedding and Wes Janson? Yup - complete mayhem. And what do you need to get things back into order? Determination, ruthlessness, resources and imagination - or just the Wraiths ;)

Big thanks goes to InyriForge who did not only listen to me with neverending patience but who also gave me a few very important ideas (won't say more now - you'll see at the right point).
    A second big thanks goes to my co-author Rebadams7 who helped me great deal with closing gaps in the story as well as righting my (sometimes) horrible English [face_blush] ...

And - of course - the characters (with the exception of Alina and Beshi) belong to Aaron Allston and all the other SW writers. We don't make money out of this ...

Oh. If you want to understand some things you might have to read #The Secrets of still waters#, #Fait Accompli# and #Friendliest 'Woks aren't stuffed# ...

Title: Yub yub, Major!
    Author(s): -thor- and Rebadams7
    Time:: EU, Squadron-Fic (more or less)
    Timeframe: 4 months after "X-Wing : Starfighters of Adumar"
    Rating: PG
    Dramatis Personae: Too many to list - just say Rogues + Wraiths + Donos family ;)

The faint beep of the alarm chrono stirred him out of his sleep. Keeping his eyes closed he mechanically reached over and silenced the annoying device before getting back to sleep - for another twenty seconds. The beep returned - louder and more urging now - and he finally remembered why he did set it so early last night. He deactivated the alarm, yawned and glanced over to the woman sleeping beside him. Her blond hair was disheveled from sleep, but her face radiated serenity and peace. She stirred, mumbled something incomprehensible and curled into him. He smiled and placed a tender kiss on the top of her head.

"It's not morning, yet," Iella groaned faintly and pressed her face into his shoulder.

Wedge chuckled. "I fear it is, my love."

"Let's pretend it isn't," she muttered back and sneaked her arm around his waist.

"I can't believe it," Wedge retorted in mock disbelief. "Iella 'Miss-Let's-do-it-by-the-textbook' Wessiri is asking me to ignore my duties."

Iella smiled faintly. "Cracken will understand. He was newly engaged himself at some point." Then she sighed and attempted to sit up, but fell back with a groan. "Oh my head!"

"I warned you about Booster's Lum. I don't know what is in there but it's worse than Rylothian Brandy." He eased himself out of Iella's arms and swung his legs out of bed. "Stay here. I'll make breakfast and call you once it's ready."

"Hu-hmmmm ..." Iella mumbled and closed her eyes.

An hour later Wedge left the turbolift and headed towards his office. It was still far too early for any regular pilot to be up and so his only companions on the quiet floors were the cleaning droids. Wedge was for once glad for the solitude. The last six months had been an exhaustive up and down, both emotionally and professionally, but he didn't have time to properly digest all those events.

All had started when he broke up with his former girlfriend - the Omwati scientist Qui Xux -, because neither of them saw a future for this relationship. He began to question himself, his life and the way it seemed to stride along. After a few weeks of pondering he'd come to the conclusion that he needed some time off - away from everything and everyone he knew, time he could use to find himself again. But then Cracken had interfered.

Adumar ... that Force-forsaken planet on the edge of the known Galaxy full of trigger-happy maniacs masking as fighter pilots. A mission

2. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    what what what.. what did he see????

Jani

3. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    By the way
    -thor-'s english is EXCELLENT!
    enjoy!
    Reb

4. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Janson, Kettch, or both.

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooh, ooh, it's up! It's up! :D

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

6. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    hmmmm lavender shorts? :D

7. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    You have NO idea!
    Muwahha
    Reb

8. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Yay! It's up it's up it's up! :D

I agree: his Norse Thundergod-ness's english is actually better than some of my classmates! :D

Can't wait for more. :)

Blended

9. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Hehehehehe...more! Please! soon!

I said "please"...

-JSD

10. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    I love this! Can't wait for more... :D

11. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Yey .... so many replies :D ... Maybe I'm nice and post the next snippet later today (it's almost 6 in the morning here).

12. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    oh, if you'd do that, I'd be eternally grateful :D

Jani

13. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok - I am nice ;)

LumiKuningatar and _3MD_PsychoSniper - See below :D

Daughter_of_Yubyub - Yes and I expect all of you to post much feedback ;)

Calandria - How did I know you'd ask this? ;) ... Patience (it will be a while).

Speldorion - Thanks [face_blush] ...

JSD - my pleasure :D

Jaina_Fel_06 - You haven't seen anything, yet [face_devil]

"A masterpiece. Wedge will love it," Wes stated happily.

"I'd rather say he will rip your head off your neck," Hobbie retorted. "Don't you think you're overdoing it?"

Wes feigned surprise. "Overdoing it? Hobbs - that man is going to get married. In a week he'll be under the thumb and won't have any fun in his life. I just want to make sure he has at least a little of that in the last days of his free life. Trust me - I know what I'm doing."

Hobbie sighed sadly. "I knew we should have shot you on Adumar. Would have saved us a lot of trouble."

"You're just no fun at all," Wes scolded mildly.

"I like to be alive. Right now I have doubts that you're going to live to see the wedding next week."

Wes laughed. "Stop being so fatalistic, buddy. Wedge isn't capable of any kind of revenge."

Suddenly Hobbie began to grin evilly: "You seem to forget Chulku."

"You saw that?" Wes exclaimed.

"Of course. Was a good laugh - 'Ha Ha, Lieutenant!'"

Wes glowered at his friend. "I can't believe it. He really had a recording of that. I thought Donos was fibbing." He attempted to say something else, but closed his mouth again. Instead a small but downright nasty grin appeared on his lips.

"I don't like it when you look like this," Hobbie said. "What are you going to do now?"

"I have a few things to collect."

Hobbie remained skeptical. "And what for?"

Wes grinned madly: "For the coronation of my pranks. The 'peak of fun' if you want to call it that way."

Hobbie buried his face in his hands. "We're doomed."

"Come in," Wedge answered the chime of the door annunciator. As the door opened he could see Tycho on the threshold and a smile appeared on his face.

"Morning, boss," Tycho greeted and entered the room. Only then he acknowledged that something wasn't quite right here. He skeptically studied the 'new design', tilted his head and raised an eyebrow at the General.

"Don't ask," Wedge warned glumly, his smile disappearing.

"Janson?"

"Who else?" Wedge quipped without looking at the Alderaanian.

"Never thought of him as ... uhh ... technically gifted," Tycho responded fighting the urge to laugh. "You've got to give him the credit for the attention to details."

Wedge looked up from his datapad and shot his friend a deadly glare. "If I wanted someone to gloat I'd have called Wes, Colonel! And I don't think he did all of that alone - I suspect he had help from Face and Kell."

"Take it easy, Wedge. After all it's just one of his pranks."

"Yeah," Wedge retorted, buried his face in his hands and released a deep sigh. "Just one of his pranks - one of five since last Monday."

"Five?"

"Yeah, five: the modified com with the Ewok voice in the simulator, the 'Yub yub, General!' as signature in my correspondence, the fake loveletter from Cheriss, the artificial Ewok fur on my pilot jumpsuits and now this," Wedge growled.

What Wedge meant by this was a masterpiece of handiwork. The usually barren and gray walls of his office were now covered with a lovely lime-green Ewok wallpaper, the ceiling was painted in a bright sky-blue and the corners were dominated by young exemplars of the giant trees of Endor. The metal surfaces of the lockers and shelves were hidden under plates of fake wood making their look far more 'rustic'. But the most obvious sign of Janson's 'redecoration' was hanging above and behind Wedge's desk - a large wooden writing 'Yub yub, General!'.

"He is persistent, isn't he?" Tycho muttered. "Why don't you make him stop?"

"And how should I do this, oh Maste

14. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    hey, a real postie *happy grinning*
    and now my comments... heh

Wes feigned surprise. "Overdoing it? Hobbs - that man is going to get married. In a week he'll be under the thumb and won't have any fun in his life. I just want to make sure he has at least a little of that in the last days of his free life. Trust me - I know what I'm doing."

I would definately not trust Wes, not in a million years and what does he mean that Wedge'll be under the thumb.. Iella won't boss him around... too much anyway.. Besides he won't mind... :D

Suddenly Hobbie began to grin evilly: "You seem to forget Chulku."

"You saw that?" Wes exclaimed.

"Of course. Was a good laugh - 'Ha Ha, Lieutenant!'"

Wes glowered at his friend. "I can't believe it. He really had a recording of that. I thought Donos was fibbing.

Maybe if I talked to Myn I'd get a copy, hmmmm, *wanders off*

After a few moments of silence Tycho answered: "You know there is always the option of confining him to his room."

Wedge pretended to think about it, but Tycho knew that he would never do that. "Hmmm ... tempting, but I don't want to look like an old and grumpy General."

I would actually consider confining Wes in his room, if he was playing prank after prank on me... poor Wedge, but it's part of the long standing tradition to pester and annoy the grooms and soon-to-be husbands and help them to relax by keeping them insane for a bit longer till they are safely married.... :D

:D

Jani

15. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Lol! But where's the lavender! :p

I wondere how Wedge will get his own back... probably something to do with a certain ex-Rogue's wife's co-pilot... :D

16. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Exactly, Blended...where is the lavender? and the orange? :p

LOL...LOLOLOL...twas hilarious, thor dear. :D

-JSD

17. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *howls*

YEAH!! NEW STORY!!!

Poor Wedge.

~Rogue

18. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    *giggles wildly*

Wes grinned madly: "For the coronation of my pranks. The 'peak of fun' if you want to call it that way."

I shudder to even THINK what that could be about. Excellent story! Happy happy joy joy :)

19. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *Sigh*

I fear you guys (and girls) will have to wait a long while before lavender/orange makes an appearance. [face_begging_for_pardon] [face_blush]

20. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    the modified com with the Ewok voice in the simulator

Some1's been lurking in my post.

Good adaptation, I like.

21. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Ummm ... actually I took that from "X-Wing : Operation Iron Fist" ... and I didn't read your story (not so much the Jedi & Janson fan [face_blush]) ...

22. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Hehe! Nice story. :)

23. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    thor, aren't you even going to acknowledge the fact that I'm here, or are you purposefully trying to ignore the fact that I'm back?

~Rogue

24. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    How could anyone ignore your being here, Rogue?? That's close to impossible :p ;)

I hope to post the next part sometime next week (maybe around Tuesday or Wednesday), but I'll have a few hectic days at work and cannot promise anything.

25. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    heheeh' I'd keep some of the stuff personally. . . ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.