main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Yub yub, Major! - FINISHED 02/29 ... Epilogue - Honeymoon fashion disaster (Wege/Iella)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I'm glad you like what happened!
    More moments to come1
    Reb

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hmmm .. a bit silent here. I must apologize for the next post a bit. It's not one I particularly like (rather the opposite), but I felt it had to be there. Ah well ...

Kirney sighed ? these few days had been a bit much for her. After all she was carrying a new life below her heart.

"Hey," Myn called softly and pulled her into an embrace. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah," she whispered smiling. "But it has been a few straining days. Will there ever be a reasonably normal Rogue wedding?"

"Probably not," he chuckled. "But you know this new stuff brings us into trouble."

"Trouble?" She blinked at him not comprehending what he meant. "What trouble?"

Myn stared at her and tried hard not to smile. "What happened to the woman who knew the schedule for feeding and changing diapers by heart ? especially when I thought it was her turn? Who could recite the official holidays of a lot of worlds and how to make profit of that?"

Kirney gave him a friendly pinch into the stomach. "Stop making fun of me. Remember I am pregnant and am supposed to have mood swings."

His eyes widened. "Ah ... ok. Well you remember what we had planned to do right before the dinner?"

She stiffened. "Janson. Oh Kreth!"

Myn shot a glance at his chrono. "Three hours ? can we do it?"

His wife responded with a determined glare. "We were Wraiths. We don't know the meaning of the word 'impossible'."

Things were set in motion.

Having friends in high places could be very helpful at times. Wedge ? in his position as highest ranking officer in the Sivantlie Base ? had posted the complete tract around Simulator Room 152 off limits because of some repairs. In fact it was just camouflage for the real intentions of the small crew that had entered the building through a side entrance. The holocam system had been deactivated ? probably a technical error ? and the access codes of the repair crew were of course correct.

"Fifty minutes. Can we make it?" Face asked as they strode along the corridors.

"Easily. We just have to disconnect the two simulators from the main computer, link them with our own data cables and then switch on the auxiliary computer Kell has obtained. And we have to install the holocams. Should be easy," Kirney answered.

As they entered the large hall all of them had this far-away look on their faces. They missed the good old times as ordinary Starfighter pilots.

"I'd say we get this done. We can wallow in memories afterwards," Myn ended the silence.

"Right," his wife agreed and clapped her hands. "Runt, Face ? you two are going to set up the holocams. I want at least three in Janson's and Kolot's simulator each, then two in the near corners and one or two in the ceiling." As the two of them headed off to execute their task Kirney turned to Kell and Myn. "You two have to disconnect the sims from the main data channels. You will have to open a floor panel. And I will prepare our auxiliary computer."

Kell raised an eyebrow at Myn. "She can be awfully commanding, can't she?"

Kirney glared. "I am wife, mother and proprietor. I have to be. And now hurry ? we don't have forever."

When the men were busy with their tasks she turned to the small computer and began setting it up for its task. Exactly thirty-five minutes later Kell pushed the last floor panel back to its place and gave her a thumbs up. They were ready.

Kirney took her com out of a pocket and called Wedge. "Ratter to Mastermind. The trap is set ? you can put out the cheese."

She could hear Wedge's grin as he answered. "Mastermind to Ratter. Excellent work. I will go and call the rat now. Over and out."

And the countdown is running [face_devil]

*tick ... tick ... tick ... tick*

3. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    aww it's not that bad...

but I like it... Can't wait for the trap to spring shut [face_devil]

[voice whisper]Will it include some lavender and orange?[/voice] :D

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Great POstie!

5. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002

:p [face_laugh]

6. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    The trap is set ? you can put out the cheese. ?LOL [face_laugh]

Mmmmm, cheese....

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*dies laughing*

Oh!! Oh!!

Please Please more!! :D

I keep forgetting how good this is... *wipes an imagenary tear away*

Awww... So precious!!!

And Go Artoo!!

Go Kirney!!

Go Kettch!!

Err - not go Iella. :p

A few moments of irrational, unexplainable hatred if you don't mind...

8. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002

[face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil]

9. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002

"For what it's worth ? this day should be forgotten and never recalled," Wes sighed. The day had started bad, had deteriorated considerably and was now at an all-time low.

Tycho's scolding this morning had really made him think and he couldn't help but wonder if he was still completely sane. He ? Wes Janson, Master of Pranks, Emperor of Idiocy ? had actually considered to change his lifestyle. "You're getting old, Wes," he had muttered to himself.

He'd spent the forenoon pondering Tycho's words and had finally decided to cut down on alcohol. After all he was no longer seventeen ? maybe it was really time to switch to a lower gear.

He sighed deeply. "You're getting old," he muttered again.

But right now he experienced something he hadn't known for a long time ? he was bored. Wedge had sent the Rogues home early, to get some rest or to make last minute preparations for the wedding tomorrow. Even Hobbie had somehow disappeared and Wes found himself alone in an empty base. Nobody there to annoy, nobody to make jokes about ...

And so he'd found himself strolling along empty corridors desperately looking for something to kill time with. At first he'd tried the tract of the new cadets where he usually found some female pilots to flirt with. But today they were as deserted as the rest of the base. The Lounge was sparsely populated and the few people there were either occupied with themselves or were officers Wes didn't know. Since he wasn't keen on additional trouble he let them be.

Indignantly he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jumpsuit and stomped along another endless corridor. He was pretty close to knock over his new resolution of less alcohol and get himself a bottle of Whyren's Reserve when he spotted Wedge after rounding a corner. Immediately his mind was starting to look for something funny to do, but then his sense of being was spoiled. His danger sense flared to life because Wedge seemed to be relieved to see him and motioned him to come over ? usually that meant that he needed him to do some work.

"Wes! Good to see you. I need your help!"

Blast it, Wes fumed inwardly. I knew it! But since he couldn't get around it anymore he joined his friend in front of a Simulator Room as he noted with mild surprise. "What's up, General?"

Wedge sighed. "I got a call from one of the Flight Trainers an hour ago. He had this new cadet who has an incredible talent and even made short process of the trainers. Unfortunately he's extremely arrogant and he's mercilessly taunted the other cadets. I asked them to send him over ? maybe we can do something about it." He shook his head and glanced at his chrono. "I would do it myself, but we are rehearsing the wedding ceremony in forty minutes and I don't have time to change into my jumpsuit, to fly, to shower and change back into my uniform. I asked Corran to come and teach him a lesson, but he's on the other side of the planet shopping with Mirax and Valin. Could you ... ?"

Wes's face lit up immediately. "You want me to fly against him? To beat him, eradicate him, wipe the floor with his sorry backside? That kind of lesson?"

"Yup, that sums it up quite nicely," Wedge answered smirking.

Janson drew himself to his full height and theatrically pounded his chest. "Look no further, General. Major Janson the Evil will teach him some manners."

"Good," Wedge shot back obviously looking forward to the demonstration. "He's in here. I put him into a TIE Interceptor ? he mustn't know that it's a little trap until it's too late."

Wes rubbed his hands. "And I thought this day was for the trash can. Finally a little fun for the poor old Wes. Lead the way ? I can hardly wait." Then he marched through the door into the Simulator Room.

Wedge followed suit with a smile on his face. Me neither, Wes. Me neither, he thought smugly.

:D :D

;)

10. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  11. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    lol this is gonna be good . . .

12. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *finishes reading all teh little posties she missed*
    Great posts, can't wait until poor Wes gets to see what's happened to him. *grins*

:Targeter:

13. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Great pOstie

14. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    <voice whisper> Sunday </voice hisper>

;) [face_devil]

15. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    "Look no further, General. Major Janson the Evil will teach him some manners."

LOL! [face_laugh] :D

Ok, and Sunday (in my book) is tomorrow... right?

16. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    You seem to have a very strange calendar over there, Mirax :p [face_laugh]

17. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    Strange calendar?? You have no idea.

My sleeping schedual looks worse. Most days I honestly don't know what day it actually is.

But at least I know today is payday, so I'm 95% sure it's acutally Friday... but just this once can't it be Sunday?? :D :p

18. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Only in Japan........

Now the fun begins!

Reb

19. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Alright, it's Sunday in Australia, and in other places! Can we get a postie perchance?

:Targeter:

20. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    Come on -thor-... it's 2am already! Where's the post??

*cough cough*slacker!*cough cough*

;) :D

21. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Tststs ... so little patience you have :p ;)

*drummroll*

But ok .. here we go. [face_devil]

Wes closed the cockpit cap, pulled on his gloves and strapped himself in. "Com check. Rogue 3 to Antilles. Do you copy? Over."

"Communication excellent, Rogue 3," Wedge answered.

"So ... " Wes began casually. "What's on the agenda?"

"Simple One-on-One. Deep space, no asteroids or something like that. He'll operate from a small Space Station, you from a Frigate. Distance between the big objects is about twenty clicks, initial distance to your opponent will be ten clicks. Any questions?"

"Nope. Let's begin."

The monitors in Janson's simulator lit up and displayed the familiar dots of deep space. In front of him but still far away he could see a common Space Station hovering in an orbit around a blue-green planet. He activated his target computer, selected proton torpedoes and connected both launchers with a dip of his thumb.

"Come on, Sweetie," he mumbled to himself. "Come closer so that I can spank you a little."

Suddenly a red dot appeared on his monitor ? roughly seven clicks away and closing rapidly. This will be so easy, he thought with a grin. The poor guy wouldn't even know what hit him.

At a distance of three clicks Wes aimed at the incoming TIE and a yellow box appeared on his HUD. "Take it slow," he mumbled to himself. "This has to be a perfect shot."

Five seconds later he positioned his crosshairs over the TIE and watched it turn orange. The astromech behind the cockpit began to toot slightly indicating he was busy locking the projectile onto the target.

Suddenly the TIE broke away and spiralled downwards away from the center of Janson's field of vision. The droid lost it as it disappeared below the nose of the X-Wing and the lock-up tone stopped.

"Sith," Wes swore and switched back to lasers. "Must have had a warning system." Now he had to use the old-fashioned approach. He linked all four laser cannons and put his snubfighter into a shallow descent bringing the TIE back into his crosshairs. A short glance at the range finder told him that the TIE was in ideal range for his laser guns ? exactly two clicks. He moved the control stick and tried to gain a clear firing solution, but his intended target was pulled into an unsteady and completely unpredictable corkscrew flight making it impossible to keep it longer than a few milliseconds in the gun sight. Hastily Wes switched all shield energy to the front.

Kh-Kh-Kh-Kh-Kh ... Green laser light slammed into his front shields and Wes sent a short prayer to the gods, grateful that he'd strengthened them just a few seconds ago.

"This guy is good," he gritted through his teeth and concentrated on the display in front of him. He knew he would not be able to aim with his eyes since the impact of laser bolts made his shields opaque. He had to rely on the sensors of his fighter. Suddenly he saw the black outlines of the TIE flash past him and he instinctively pulled his X-Wing into a steep climb. New pilots always made the fatal mistake of maneuvering only in one dimension and became vulnerable from below and above. He mechanically smoothed his shields and redirected some energy from the laser banks to reload them to full power. Then he looked at his sensors trying to find his opponent.

Kh-Kh-Kh ... Another barrage of green laser bolts hit his fighter, slamming into his port shields. Janson swore and broke to port in a brutal maneuver that brought dark shadows to the corners of his field of vision. He suddenly found himself facing the incoming TIE and he instinctively pressed his thumb onto the button on top of his control stick. Four red blaster bolts flew towards the enemy snubfighter, but missed the vehicle by a few centimeters. Then the fighters passed each other again at full speed.

Wes pulled his throttle back and yanked his X-Wing into a tight turn. A pleased smile appeared on his lips when he spotted the TIE in front of him. "Got ya,"

22. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was... fantastic! Absolutely fething brilliant. One of the best scenes I have ever had the privelidge to read. But why does Janson want to spank the newbie? [face_devil]

23. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Maybe he's a S/M fan? [face_laugh] ;)

24. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *cough* ;)

*sneaks away after having placed this well-hidden self-punt*

25. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    "That is an Ewok," he stated for the third time. Then he fainted.

That was hilarious!!!!

Great Job!! and GO KOLOT!

Insanity and Crazyness are normal for me... If I'm not hyper either the Dr Pepper Plant has been shut down... Or Something's seriously wrong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.