main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Yub yub, Major! - FINISHED 02/29 ... Epilogue - Honeymoon fashion disaster (Wege/Iella)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Oh my god ... [face_shocked] I better stop thinking about that. *shudders* ;)

But I get the hint - you want another part. Ok then - here it is! :)

Hobbie was extremely suspicious. "Where are you going now?"

Wes glared at him and threw his hands up in exasperation. Why in all nine hells of the Sith did he let Hobbie in on his plans - all it got him was a pesky chaperone. "I'm not going to do anything, Hobbs. I just have an appointment."

Hobbie tilted his head and eyed his friend. "Yeah, sure," he retorted, his voice heavy with mistrust.

Wes rolled his eyes, but decided to assure the other that he wasn't up to any pranks - at least not at the moment. "Hobbs - I swear I'm not going to do anything else than visiting someone. No jokes, no gags, no pranks. Honestly!"

Hobbie lowered his head and shook it - clearly unhappy. "You know," he began and shot his friend a resigned glance. "Every time you claim to be honest it's like flying into a fireball - you can only hope to leave it in one piece."

Janson put up a hurt expression and pouted. "With friends like this you don't need enemies," he muttered under his breath. Louder he added: "I will forget you said this, Hobbs. See you later at the HQ."

He turned to leave, but Hobbie held his arm and made him turn back to him. "Care to tell me who you want to visit?"

Great, Wes sighed inwardly. Hobbie is playing 'little-Corran'. Although Kirney was now officially amnestied they - that meant the Wraiths, Wedge and Janson - had agreed not to tell anyone of her coming to minimize the hassle that was sure to come. Wedge had agreed to fill Iella in on the plan as soon as possible, but Wes didn't know if he already had done so. And if yes there was still Corran to deal with.

Although Corran was his friend - one of the best ones he had - the Corellian had a few traits of character that made him complicated at times. He was overly suspicious, demanded to know everything and was quite unforgiving with a few notable exceptions. Surely he would react harshly once he heard who would be attending the wedding. Wes just hoped he would find out after Iella - just to keep him from influencing her.

Just then Hobbie's voice interrupted his train of thoughts: "Are you going to tell me or do I have to follow you?"

"Myn is coming today," Wes finally admitted and sighed in resignation. "He's bringing his wife and daughter along."

Hobbie began to smile. "Hey ... why did you keep that from me? Let's go and tell Wedge!"

This time it was Janson who stopped his friend from moving. "Hobbs," he said straight-faced and held him at the elbow.

When he saw Janson's face Hobbie stopped smiling. Whenever Wes Janson was serious things must be either pretty complicated or pretty rough. "Why I don't like that look?"

"You don't know who is Myn's wife."

When Hobbie had any doubts that the situation was indeed complicated Wes' tone completely wiped them out. He stared at his friend and hoped for a sign that it wasn't as bad as he feared. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Wes sighed - again - and scratched the back of his head. "Actually you knew her, a few years ago." He avoided mentioning her name - he didn't want to spill the secret to anyone who might pass the door right at this moment.

Hobbie raised an eyebrow. "I did?"

"Yes," Wes nodded. "Under a different name. Everyone thought she was dead."

Klivian frowned. A few years ago ... different name ... thought to be dead ... He listed a few names that popped into his head, but none of them fit - then suddenly it made click. His head jerked up and he stared at Wes, disbelief written across his face. "You don't mean ..."

"Yes, I do," Wes interrupted him before he could say her name.

"Does Wedge know?" Hobbie asked back, far too stunned to comprehend much.

Wes nodded. "He was one of the first who found out. We chose to keep it a secret since Corran and Iella might cause some hassle. Wedge wanted to tell her personally."

Hobbie dropped

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*laughs*

Poor Hobbie... His head hurts.... :p

But Wes won!!! [face_love] :D [face_mischief]

WOOHOO!!!

*grabs a orange, lime, lemon, and lavender Ewok and dances with him*

3. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    LOL! This is getting really great now. Keep it coming!!! I must know what happens next! :D

Next post... next post.... Must Find Next Post!!!

starts searching under rocks to find the next post

4. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    thor, NOW all of us who love to torture you are here. You still haven't read my evil fic I wrote. I entitled it "Thor Torture" and it's just sitting on my computer, collecting dust. :p I was going to PM it to you, but you were so nice and then I felt guilty, so, *sigh* I just can't torture you anymore.

But seriously - can't you just see Wes dressed up in an orange and lavender mini dress with a large, painfully neon pink hat, lemon yellow and lime green tights done in diagonal stripes, with almost floresent purple platforms?

I think I am now scarred for life. For ever and ever and ever.

~Inyri

5. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    For beyond ever and ever.

6. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    lol

and everything she knows she learned from me. Sniff. I am so proud of her. :D

Thor... that was a really good segement. You hit wes and hobbie dead on... :D

now where's the next postie? [face_devil]

(or I might have to remind you who Jaid's master is :D )

7. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    I think I am now scarred for life. For ever and ever and ever.

Understood what I meant by "funny ideas" ?? ;)

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Yes, thor. Now I understand.

Now I have this line stuck in my head:
    What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the hula? -The Lion King

~Inyri

9. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Cala: Ask your appreintice about our fight we just had over MSN. I dare yah. :p It didn't involve much lavender, orange and green, though.

Inyri: You poor, poor thing. I love that moovie, but it gives me bunnies.

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Blended, as the creator of the mother of all bunnies, you would know. :p I won't mention that movie again. ;)

~Inyri

11. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Great job, as always.

Refusing to dignify the mini dress comment with a response. But I like the color scheme you've got going on [face_devil] .

12. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    I fear that "mini dress" thing is going to haunt this thread from now on *YIKES!* [face_shocked]

13. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    well thor... isn't it soooo much better than just plain lavender shorts :D

14. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    That's debatable :p

15. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

:eek: What do you mean "debatable"?? :eek:

It's a classic Jaid idea!! It's brilliant!! And so what if it does haunt your dreams nightly??

It just means I'm good at what I do! :D

Besides, Cala convinced me the dress, tights, shoes, and hat would probably look down right SMASHING on -thor-!! :D :cool:

16. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    I doubt you'd want to even see me in real life :p ...

And no I don't dream of this thread here ;)

17. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002

Blended, as the creator of the mother of all bunnies, you would know.

Mother of all bunnies? Which one? :p

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Good posts.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Mother of all bunnies? Which one?

I would have no idea...

~Inyri

20. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Bunnies .... hmmmm ... *frowns* ... *grins evilly* [face_devil]

21. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    OhhhhOh
    I have so many visions in my head right now......My Mother-in Law loves lavender.....and I have a bright orange room in my house......arrght
    Reb

it would make a cute dress for ALina

22. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Rebekah I'm shocked! [face_shocked] ;)

23. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

:eek: :eek: :D :D [face_shocked] [face_shocked] :D :D REBI!!! THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!! :p :D [face_mischief] :p :D [face_mischief] :D :p

24. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Next part hopefully later today ...

25. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002

When the door finally closed behind them Wedge and Iella breathed a sigh of relief.

"If I didn't know better," Wedge began as he dropped into his chair behind the desk: "I'd say Cracken is trying to recruit me."

"And push the NRI into the abyss?" Iella retorted amused. Suddenly her grin vanished - she'd finally registered the different state of Wedge's office. "What the heck is this?"

"I didn't like the old design anymore - too barren. I asked Wes to redecorate," Wedge answered keeping voice and face serious. I just hope I'm not blushing, he thought wryly and bit back a smile.

Iella shot him a puzzled stare and Wedge couldn't prevent the corners of his mouth from twitching.

"Not funny, Wedge," she rebuked and shook her head. "And not good, either. You need to work on your sense of humor."

"Not funny?" he mock pouted and produced his best 'puppy-eyes'.

Iella crossed her arms and shook her head again. "No." Then both began to laugh.

"So what is this here? One of Janson's pranks?"

Wedge nodded and all of his good mood left him. "Yes," he breathed and buried his face in his hands, feeling suddenly tired and far older than 33 years.

"Hey," Iella soothed and stroked his hair. "What is going on? You've been jumpy and stressed over the past few weeks."

"It's nothing," Wedge muttered.

"No," Iella stated matter of factly. "It's not nothing, Wedge." She chewed on her lower lip. "Does the wedding bother you?" she asked hesitantly.

"No!" His answer came fast and serious. "Absolutely not," he added and reached for her hand to squeeze it in comfort.

Iella breathed a small sigh of relief. She didn't know why she suddenly had these flashes of insecurity - she thought it might be last-minute panic. "Then what else bothers you?"

"Janson."

It wasn't just the name that told her something unusual was going on - it was his tone. "Usually you don't mind his pranks - at least not that much."

"Well he usually does not pull his jokes daily. That here is only one of five over the last week. I'm just fed up with it, but I have no idea how to stop it."

Iella arched an eyebrow. "You're General, he's Major. Where is the problem?"

Wedge glared at her, but it held no power. "I'm not like that. And no matter how much he annoys me Wes is still one of my best friends. I can't just confine him to his room - it wouldn't make him stop." He rubbed his forehead to ease the slight throbbing behind it. "I would have to pull a prank on him - nothing else works. But I don't have the time to think about it."

"Want me to have a word with him?" Iella asked.

He shook his head without looking at her. "Wouldn't do any good. He'd just tease me about sending you to stop him." Sighing in resignation he added: "I guess I have to endure it."

Iella frowned slightly, but didn't comment. Somehow the stress of the past weeks had managed to drain his energy reserves and his willpower. Where he used to resist in the past he usually gave in pretty soon. Where he spoke his mind in the past he kept his mouth shut today. And the lines of tiredness on his face had become deeper and more pronounced - Wedge was aging fast in front of her eyes, but she couldn't do anything against it. Cracken, Ackbar, Fleet Command, Janson - all of them had a part in wearing her fiancé down and neither of them was aware of it. She decided that something had to be done. These persons relied on him, demanded something of him without realizing the toll these demands were taking. She knew he wouldn't like it, but she was determined to have a few words with each of them.

Wedge remained oblivious to her determination as he was simply staring at the ground. He desperately needed these few minutes of peace in between the chaos that masked as his everyday life. But glancing at the chrono he realized he had another problem to solve and it would be better to do it now - later they might not have time and he desperately wanted to avoid any further problems.

"Iella," he said quietly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.