main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Yun-Yammka in Escrow (Yuuzhan Vong OC, postwar) updated 11-8, Fruits, Kaleesh

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kecen, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [face_laugh] I love these new characters. And the endless puns (Man Mando, heavy-element accelerators, etc).

Although I do wonder who that "collection agent" could be...;)

2. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Grievous is in some major schlock :p

[color=limegreen][b]Housewarming[/b]

It was high morning when at last a bang sounded on the old-fashioned doors of the Museum of Improbable Animals. Sed Nierp straightened his back, making sure the stiff suit he wore was free of dust. Mighty that feat would have been, for dust motes did not escape even the durasteel and permacrete confines of a well-ventilated Coruscant room. Light illuminated a primordial tangle of dead skin cells and space jettison, golden and warm through the faintly-tinted windows.

Mann Hill's agent did not need to knock; old-fashioned wooden doors rotated. The dark-haired Human marvelled at this, for the doors did not have handles on them. He suspected the presence of suction cups in the toolbelt of his visitor.

"You may enter," he spoke through the permanently static commlink line. No reply came, but movement on the building's ancient surveillance cameras revealed a tall, dark visitor in the periphery.

He was soon aware of the overpowering odour of cucumber and tangerine, if such fruits existed in abundance on his smoke-clogged homeworld to make the comparison. On his shelf lay an array of pickled animals, their pungency muffled under a layer of plastoid. Anything but pickled would describe what he would behold next.

Yanking him by the collar was a tall, surly red Kaleesh in full office regalia, around whose neck was a tie whose colour strived for the darkness of the emptiness of space. With a dull thud, he fell over sideways from his stationary chair.
    That tie?
    He couldn?t concentrate on anything else but the deep, deep, soul-sapping black and the acidic tang of its pheromones as he lay with his face pressed to the scuffed composite floor. Certainly, his hairstyle had taken a beating, now coated with dust Wookiees and the hair of unseen ex-tenants.

?Sed Nierp, there are certainly debts to be payed,? it stated in its deep, commanding voice, predator?s jaws clacking, but the layered sound came from deep within its barrel-chest and those teeth needed not move.

Two slit-pupiled golden eyes focused on the Human, who raised his own brown ones to examine Mann Hill?s agent. Despite the body language emanating from it, Sed could not discern the gender of the Kaleesh. Rumour had it that the species did not follow Human social and biological constructs of male or female. Apparently, he was forgetting the biology lessons from his progressive academy instructors and the sprawling biodiversity of the Jewel of the Core. Fear overpowered reason, but with clarity and grace, an image flashed in his mind of a teardrop-shaped seedpod ripening on the branch after a spring shower. Where had it come from? With much less grace, his thoughts returned to the collector of dues.

?I??

No negotiation, excepting the physical variety, would budge the creature which might have been a man or a woman, or something else entirely by his Human standards. Yet again, his instincts buried the slight possibility of the brute having a secret, but mundane weakness that he could exploit.

?Do you have the credits?? it demanded. In Sed Nierp?s minds-eye, a bowl of fruit withered slowly in the sun, forlorn in its strong but fading resilience to the elements, the inhabitants of the house preferring processed nerf feed over the virtues of old-fashioned fibre. Such a poignant image could not help but bring him to tears.

It would not serve his interests well to crumble under a scrunitising eye.

?No?? he dared not add ?but?, in fear of offending its self-opinion and assumed sense of Basic homophones.

?Then, you must forfeit all rights to this building. I have the paperwork in my suitcase.?

?I was going to do that, but I?m not finished packing yet.?

[hr]

Something very disturbing happened next. Like the age-old custom of authors of Lukass suspense, a chunk of the past was cut out. The only problem was that Sed Nierp?s memory had been altered too, preventing him from taking the best course of action in soothing his assailant. We can only wonder what the a

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Great entry for the Challenge, kecen! =D= You've got a real knack for descriptions... great work!

Trikes

4. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Thanks! I should probably update this story more often, because I need more practice with writing.

5. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    That was a lot of fun. I really loved your descriptions.

6. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great job! I love how much depth you were able to give some aspects of the Kaleesh in a relatively short amount of space. Things aren't looking too good for ol' Sed there, huh.

Keep up the excellent work!

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    That was a fun entry, very descriptive! Nice work. :D

8. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Thank you! I'll have to think of something to write about next. With the Lair of Grievous episode coming up I'll have inspiration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.