main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yung Luv RMX Director's Cut

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ElectroFilms, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectroFilms

ElectroFilms Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2007
    Well, it's finally finished. My first official music video that we've been slowly working on since December.
    I've learned A LOT (things you could never get from any book or tutorial), had fun, and our audiences have enjoyed it!
    I've accomplished what I wanted to with this project, and hope to make many more music videos and short films with some of the people I've met on the way.

Young Love Remix Director's Cut

Hope You Enjoy!

The original first cut can be found on my vimeo page also.

2. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Totally awesome intro! You can actually hear what they're saying and understand it. The pacing overall has improved, although the crossfade over the arrival at the theater does hide part of what I think was the most beautiful looking shot in the video. The only real pacing problem still remaining is the shot where they walk into the photo booth. Too long. Cutting some time off the beginning or end would've helped, although you might not have had any other footage to replace the time that would be lost (or gained). But overall, the updated video is really good. There's no messed up sound.

I do wish we could've seen the video to the end in this version, although it was cool seeing the reaction from the audience.

3. ElectroFilms

Apr 13, 2007
    Thanks for watching.
    I really wanted the extended ending also (zoom out of the earth at night), but i think the live fan's video suited the overall purpose quite well.

4. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    So is this song/video a big thing in your area? Has Marcus Norris become kinda famous there?

Edit: I just noticed that if you use just the first two letters from his first and last names you get Mano. Sounds potentially hip to me, like maybe not by it's self, but if you change it up a bit, like MaNo or MaNor or something.

5. ElectroFilms

Apr 13, 2007
    you have no idea!

6. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    Wow, then congratulations on being a part of it. I must say it feels pretty cool that there's someone I know/helped train (in filmmaking) who's friends with him and may have helped him get famous.

7. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Bro, this is very nice stuff for your first music video! I'm totally impressed - it's got a great intro, awesome aesthetic, nice feel to everything, and its a great track to work on too!

I would've liked to have seen more coverage and way less static, tripod-mounted, shots, but overall this is nice stuff!

Good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.