main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yuuzhan Vong are falling apart...(DJ Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I was reading DJ, and I am only on page 141, but on page 77, I found something that may be the Yuuzhan Vong's undoing, and the truth about their gods. Here it is:

"And after all these many years as a priest, it might be a great relief to be able to believe in something."

What do you think?

(Edit: Spelling)

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Not only spiritually, but the fleets are running thin. The Vong had very little to throw against Hapes.

3. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    I believe the attack on Coruscant is their last big push. From now on, they're going down the drain.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    The weakness in the Vong religion was first delineated in the Edge of Victory novels, I believe.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Now, I think I will have DJ done by the end of May. I have been reading really slow, and the next book dosen't even come out for almost 5 or 6 months. But, back to the main topic.

We have yet to see the Yuuzhan Vong's political leader, or the rest of their classes. For all we know, the Yuuzhan Vong have other classes, like Special Operation teams and civilian classes.

But, how long will this invasion really last? If the priests are losing fath, then the warriors will lose fath, and thus the military invasion will be no more. If the priests lose fath, will they betray their military counter parts?

6. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Yes, the Vong are in bad shape...their people are dying on those old world ships and they need a new place to call home...so their invading the GFFA...my opinion...
    Since we are about mid way through the NJO I would think that the Vong have hit their height in the invasion. This whole story was just a way to get the main characters back to the original Star Wars storyline....a band of a few unlikely heros take on a massive foe with nothing but luck and the force on their side...

7. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Dont give up on the Vong. They have some maniacs among them yet...im sure we havent seen the last of Tsavvy, Nomy, Nen Yim, and Shimrra.
    :D :D

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Tsavang Lah is the coolest bad guy ever! Well, next to the Joker...No one can beat the Joker! Not even Superman! Muwahahahahahah! You go, Jokes! :D

9. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I think if Shedao Shai were still around, he could lead the Vong to victory.

10. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I'm not counting them out, I'm just saying that minus a couple of small victories here or there, it's all down hill as they say from here for the Vong.

11. Halcoholic

Halcoholic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    We first saw the beginning of the end in Edge of Victory, when the shaper chick (forget her name) began practicing heresy and disobeying the old ways. Ever since then the Yuuzhan Vong have been coming apart from the inside. Just wait till they have a full-fledged uprising of the Shamed Ones :)

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Actually, I believe the Vong had a good deal to use against Hapes. But they were such minor characters, and basically made out to be bumbling fools at that, that even if all their forces had showed up at Hapes they would have lost without even harming the planet.

13. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    Atually, i think the next book, Rebel Dream, is coming out at the end of march.........

Any way. The Vog have, i think, exhausted much of their resources, and with the lost of their ship yard in the Sernpidal system, its going to be a while before they can get more ships.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Its not their ships that I am worried about, its their lack of people. They only have so many bodies left, and their children can only grow up so fast.

15. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I was wondering that too. How many people do the Vong have left? Maybe a billion-at the most. Over half of them would have to be children, women, and civilians. The others would have to be warriors. They keep throwing their people away. Sooner or later they will run out.

16. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    I think, too, that the Warrior Class is losing their support from the rest of the population. With the World Ships going down hill, so is morale. They're tired of it all. And that may have something with Tsvong Lah's difficulty with his new attachments. Nobody gives much of a darn for continuing the war. They just want it all to stop??????? ?:1

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I agree with SECRETSISTER. The warriors must be loseing support, or they are running out of warriors.

18. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I believe Rebel Dream is actually set for April or May, will have to check the March issue of DRIN to be certain.

19. Derek_Colze

Derek_Colze Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    A little off subject but...

I have a VERY strong feeling Nen Yim is going to have a HUGE part in the downfall of the Vong.

20. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    As much as I hate to admit it...It does seem that the Yuuzhan Vong people are splitering. As evidenced in DJ and earlier. It seems that the YV are fed up with the elite upper crust. I have also noticed how how the other caste's are clashing with the Warrior caste, like in Conquest.

Heck now that I understand more about the Intendant caste, the whole Praetorite Vong attack shows just how divided they can become.

And after Coruscant they may have over extended their forces to much. Things are going to settle into a stalemate for a while as the YV rebuild forces. The lul shouldn't be to long they can easily "canabalize" a few planets to replenish their ships(gotta love Yo'Gands core tactic!).

The real problem is with the YV personnel shortage, if they even have one. They might have to use favored slaves to replinish their forces. Or clonning prehaps, surely they can...

21. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Okay, just checked DRIN, April is when Rebel Dream is due out. Some may be lucky enough to get it early through someone like Amazon, but the actual release date in stores is sometime in April. April will also see the release of the Attack of the Clones novelization, The Art of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones, and the New Essential Guide to Characters. June will see the release of Rebel Stand, and July will have the release of the paperback edition to Cloak of Deception and the original Star Wars Trilogy in hardback for the 25th anniversary of the movie ANH. (Still think they should have done something to celebrate the 25th aniversary of the novelization to ANH last year. After all, it came out in Dec. of 76, months before the movie did.)

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Notation really but who says the Vong are running out of people. Yes they're constrained by their ships dying but it's entirely possible that back on their home galaxy they had 10 billion, 50 billion, a hundred billion perhaps even trillons of people running the galaxy as the dominant species.

The Vong have established control over a quarter of the galaxy and keep comming. It might be they are throwing their lives away so freely because the worlds they presently have under their dominion are not enough to hold the sheer volume of people they have.

I mean the world craft they were constructing was larger than the Death Star which housed a million people and that was including the gigantic turbolaser power, Death Star superlaser, etc etc needs....cut down the need for all of that and you might have a place for 10 million or so.

This is only for the Vong who CAN'T evacuate off onto other worlds.

23. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Frankly we have a fighting chance now that we have nothing to lose. I liked Kimmy's strategy with the hit and run tricky strategy. We cant win these all out battles. The only thing I cared about was the fall of Coruscant so now basically I dont care. Weve lost. Lets get all of our awesome pilots out of Tatooine and have lead the Vong to the ewoks. The ewoks will save the day! And if those stupid Vong destroy Endor, I am moving to that Galaxy far, far away to get my revenge. I want to go back to Endor... *whine whine whine*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.